Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought the Armani luminous silk and wore it for the first time today all day, I put it on at 11am and took it off at about 11.30pm, it lasted really well all day and looked so good BUT it made around my nose cakey after a few hours , But regardless it’s a beautiful foundation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I bought the Armani luminous silk and wore it for the first time today all day, I put it on at 11am and took it off at about 11.30pm, it lasted really well all day and looked so good BUT it made around my nose cakey after a few hours , But regardless it’s a beautiful foundation.
Ooooo it sounds really good!! did you get a shade match or buy it online? I don’t know my shade and I’m wondering if I should just risk it and buy it online haha

• Haha
Ooooo it sounds really good!! did you get a shade match or buy it online? I don’t know my shade and I’m wondering if I should just risk it and buy it online haha
I didn’t get a shade match, I used Findation.com
You just put in the foundation brand and shade you currently use, and you can search pretty much any foundation to see what your shade match would be! You’re welcome 😂☺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My chest area is quite crepy- can someone suggest something?
You could try a body shop body butter . They are scented and on the pricey side but I do find them very moisturing and make my skin look and feel nice.
There is also cerave body lotion - more affordable ( think around £10-12 whereas body shop is £18).This cream is also really nourishing to the skin but isn’t scented.

I am not sure if this is the type of products you are wanting to help with your skin but I thought I’d mention them just in case ( I think I am peri menopausal although I am still undiagnosed 🙄. I have found both creams to be really fantastic for making my skin feel soft and supple ).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
You could try a body shop body butter . They are scented and on the pricey side but I do find them very moisturing and make my skin look and feel nice.
There is also cerave body lotion - more affordable ( think around £10-12 whereas body shop is £18).This cream is also really nourishing to the skin but isn’t scented.

I am not sure if this is the type of products you are wanting to help with your skin but I thought I’d mention them just in case ( I think I am peri menopausal although I am still undiagnosed 🙄. I have found both creams to be really fantastic for making my skin feel soft and supple ).
Which one would you recommend?

I love the dove body scrubs, they leave my skin really soft 🥰 followed by a really nourishing moisturiser like Nivea or Superdrug vitamin E range

• Heart
Does anyone know which shops do really good Black Friday sales? I know it’s a few weeks away, but I want to wait to purchase any more makeup and skincare stuff, so I’m making a list of all the stores to check out 🥰

I’ve been getting targeted ads for a DIY lash lift kit. Has anyone attempted this themselves? I had one done earlier in the year and I quite liked the results. I’ve never been brave enough to tint my own lashes before which I know some people on Tattle (not sure if on this thread) have said they do. Is this an accident waiting to happen?

I’ve been using The Inkey List Retinol in alternation with Paula’s Choice BHA and really seen an improvement in my skin.

I’ve been thinking to use a stronger Retinol?
any suggestions? Thank you!

• Heart
I’ve been getting targeted ads for a DIY lash lift kit. Has anyone attempted this themselves? I had one done earlier in the year and I quite liked the results. I’ve never been brave enough to tint my own lashes before which I know some people on Tattle (not sure if on this thread) have said they do. Is this an accident waiting to happen?
I’ve used the Eyelure eyelash kit to tint my lashes! I can’t get results as good as my wonderful beautician, but it does add a pop to my lashes! I’ve never tried a lash lift!

I tried a lash lift kit and it did nothing. I'm usually good at DIY treatments and there were thousands of good reviews so I was surprised and disappointed!

Reactions: 3
One thing I did think was brilliant is Lidl cien olive oil range. £1.99 for the face moisturiser which contains glycerin, organic olive oil and allantoin.

Also neutrogina clay face mask/wash, it's the one thing which clears my face completely. Green tube.

I’ve been using The Inkey List Retinol in alternation with Paula’s Choice BHA and really seen an improvement in my skin.

I’ve been thinking to use a stronger Retinol?
any suggestions? Thank you!
I loved the inkey list retinol when starting out, they’ve actually released a stronger one I think it’s 1% - you could try medik8 crystal retinal 1 or 3 depending on how you got on with the inkey list one and how your skin is tolerance wise x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.