Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my holy grail blush is Mac - Melba. I’m yet to find one I like more than that
That’s nice, just had a look.
Blusher is my crack. I have far too many for the years I have left on earth.
My favourite was a couple of quid from Boots Collection. It was all I used to use. Bastards changed the packaging, and the shade, although they called it the same name - but totally different. It used to be called Pink Cloud, still is but completely different shade to the original. I still have some of the old version, I am eking it out.
So, for the last few years I have spent so much money on blushes to try and find my forever shade. I have gone high end (Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, loads more) right down to Primark, not bad actually but can’t find a shade near to the one I like. Until this week when I spotted what looks like a very expensive replacement - Hermes but it’s 65 quid! However just looked up an old article for the Boots one and it says Mac Well Dressed might be a dupe for the old one, the same one @Gold_7 mentions! Will check that out.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s nice, just had a look.
Blusher is my crack. I have far too many for the years I have left on earth.
My favourite was a couple of quid from Boots Collection. It was all I used to use. Bastards changed the packaging, and the shade, although they called it the same name - but totally different. It used to be called Pink Cloud, still is but completely different shade to the original. I still have some of the old version, I am eking it out.
So, for the last few years I have spent so much money on blushes to try and find my forever shade. I have gone high end (Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, loads more) right down to Primark, not bad actually but can’t find a shade near to the one I like. Until this week when I spotted what looks like a very expensive replacement - Hermes but it’s 65 quid! However just looked up an old article for the Boots one and it says Mac Well Dressed might be a dupe for the old one, the same one @Gold_7 mentions! Will check that out.
What a funny coincidence! I hope it is the dupe you’re looking for.

Oh sorry. I like them pink but not too pink. Mauve. Powder defo. The benefit one had specs of gold in it I really liked.
Mac blush baby… another mac one, mineralize finish in shade dainty and if you’d like a subtle sparkle pillow talk by Charlotte tilbury is a lovely blusher too! The dior backstage rosy glow blushes are fab on I haven’t tried the pink but the coral one is my current favourite!!! Fellow blush addict 😩

Reactions: 1
Mac blush baby… another mac one, mineralize finish in shade dainty and if you’d like a subtle sparkle pillow talk by Charlotte tilbury is a lovely blusher too! The dior backstage rosy glow blushes are fab on I haven’t tried the pink but the coral one is my current favourite!!! Fellow blush addict 😩
Are they expensive ? I used the same one for years !! Covid hit couldn’t find it in stock anywhere. Went to a different one that’s now discounted. Wtf😖😖. I have so many highlighters as well as blusher( got a few I don’t like but can’t bare to get rid of ) … there aren’t enough days in the week to use them all 😂😂

Are they expensive ? I used the same one for years !! Covid hit couldn’t find it in stock anywhere. Went to a different one that’s now discounted. Wtf😖😖. I have so many highlighters as well as blusher( got a few I don’t like but can’t bare to get rid of ) … there aren’t enough days in the week to use them all 😂😂
I generally hit up asos when they have their 20% off codes! The dearest one in that list would be the pillow talk, without discount £34! Mac ones are normally £26ish before discount…I know what you mean, blushers last so long too feel like I hoard them 😩😂😂

Good luck. Some Superdrug’s carry Sleek too.
I don’t think mine does as I’ve looked before. And I ended up getting an elf blusher Instead. It was nice but I got a bit bored of it as it was too plain

---

I generally hit up asos when they have their 20% off codes! The dearest one in that list would be the pillow talk, without discount £34! Mac ones are normally £26ish before discount…I know what you mean, blushers last so long too feel like I hoard them 😩😂😂
Oh that’s not too bad. I don’t mind paying if they’re worth it and I really like them. I’m worried I ordered the wrong one from Estée. But I’ll be able to live with it I’m sure. I can just tone it down. I got 15% discount on it so it’s not terrible

Last edited:
I used to really like the Bourjois blush pots, they were v v good for the price. I wonder if they are still the same formula etc now it’s back?

my holy grail blush is Mac - Melba. I’m yet to find one I like more than that
Omg this took me back to 2012 and the OG bloggers! Those were the days.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You can get Mac blushes for £24 quid on Look Fantastic - but if you use code 21VCUK you can get 21% off. Use same code site wide, not just MAC.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is anyone able to help with a basic skincare routine, want to really look after my skin this year, not too many stages so I can stick to it am and pm everyday 🙈😂😂

At the moment I double cleanse with elemis cleansing balm and then either garnier micellar water or Superdrug naturally radiant cleanser.

Then for tonic I either use the Superdrug glycolic tonic or the REN ready steady flow tonic
Then la Roche posay retinol 1/2 a week
Clinique moisture surge as a moisturer

is there anything else I can add in? Maybe a vitamin c.
I do notice my cheeks can become red and sensitive at times, am I swapping the cleansers and toners round too often?

I am a recent but very enthusiastic convert to hourglass ambient palettes. I have the butterfly and tiger ones. If you like really pink blusher then you might like the elephant one. The butterfly has pink too but its a warmer pink.

The texture and pigment in the powders are amazing. I haven't used any other bronzer, blusher or highlighter since getting them and I usually use a cream/liquid. Even my lisa eldridge has been left in the drawer!

---

Is anyone able to help with a basic skincare routine, want to really look after my skin this year, not too many stages so I can stick to it am and pm everyday 🙈😂😂

At the moment I double cleanse with elemis cleansing balm and then either garnier micellar water or Superdrug naturally radiant cleanser.

Then for tonic I either use the Superdrug glycolic tonic or the REN ready steady flow tonic

I do notice my cheeks can become red and sensitive at times, am I swapping the cleansers and toners round too often?
Are you using glycolic acid every day? That looks a likely cause of redness.

I'd swap the micellar and balm around and use the micellar first so its getting washed off as I've heard of some of those being irritating if they are left on the skin.

Reactions: 4
I am a recent but very enthusiastic convert to hourglass ambient palettes. I have the butterfly and tiger ones. If you like really pink blusher then you might like the elephant one. The butterfly has pink too but its a warmer pink.

---
I have the butterfly one, it’s lovely. Good for cool toned skin. I have an older one too with different colours, barely dented it. They last forever.

The texture and pigment in the powders are amazing. I haven't used any other bronzer, blusher or highlighter since getting them and I usually use a cream/liquid. Even my lisa eldridge has been left in the drawer!

---

Are you using glycolic acid every day? That looks a likely cause of redness.

I'd swap the micellar and balm around and use the micellar first so its getting washed off as I've heard of some of those being irritating if they are left on the skin.
All of this! Use the glycolic a couple of times a week max - skin doesn’t need that much exfoliation.

I would say Moisture surge is too light to be used with retinol / aha. Maybe it's okay if you have thicker, oily skin but I know I need something heavier after that. That could be the reason for your redness. I really like LRP Lipikar Baume AP+M (or Cicaplast or Weleda Skin Food > for the evening only as they are very thick and can look shiny after).

I would say Moisture surge is too light to be used with retinol / aha. Maybe it's okay if you have thicker, oily skin but I know I need something heavier after that. That could be the reason for your redness. I really like LRP Lipikar Baume AP+M (or Cicaplast or Weleda Skin Food > for the evening only as they are very thick and can look shiny after).
ohhh thank you very much for everyone’s help.

That’s funny I’ve literally just placed an order on look fantastic and have bought welda skin food as been dying to try it

I got a revlon blusher I had a while ago but I accidentally smashed it. Forgot about it. I loved it !!! Think it was out of stock ( story of my friggin life ) when I tried to get it again
And got a pink benefit highlighter which I think will go nice over the top 🥰

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.