Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads my eyelids are still scalded off me. I’m thinking it was an Olay make up remover that I reacted to but it’s not healing despite using La Roche posay cicaplast serum, hydraphase eye gel and fucidin h was prescribed to me but still it persists. It’s like raw red sticky eyelids and a bit under my eyes too and when i wake up they are sooo crusty lol sorry to be gross. Am also using the halo-forte eye drops recommended on a previous page. Going without make up is a no go for me tbh because I’m a minger without it lol so have cleaned all my brushes and sponges thoroughly. Anything ye would recommend? Is it just the time of year and a wait-it-out type of sitch? Anyone through though similar?
Are they itchy too?
If so it might be a condition called blepharitis. I've had that.
Look it up and see if it rings a bell. If it does there are a few ways of treating it including gently bathing the lids with a cotton wool pad soaked with very diluted baby shampoo (non stinging obviously).
Good luck - sounds very uncomfortable.

Reactions: 2
I had an allergic reaction to an ole henriksen eye cream years ago my eyes went red, scaly and itchy the drs prescribed me a hydrocortisone cream which sorted it out

I had an allergic reaction to an ole henriksen eye cream years ago my eyes went red, scaly and itchy the drs prescribed me a hydrocortisone cream which sorted it out
Same here. I reacted to an EH cleansing balm and a prescribed steroid cream was the only thing that cleared it up.

Reactions: 1
A few reviews from me:

Superdrug vit e cleansing balm - nothing special, smells like baby lotion. I prefer the Boots Your Good Skin one.

Revolution Miracle moisturiser - suggested by @House of Tea I think, on here as a dupe for Charlotte Tibury. I like it! Strong fragrance, thick texture, but I like it so far.

Weleda skin food - bought a little tube to try. I use it as a barrier after serum/ retinol at night or if I’m going out without make up in the cold. I like it.

Avene cicalfate - as above. Lighter texture, again would repurchase or try la Roshe posay next time.

Garner vit c sheet mask - lovely, now my favourite of the range.

CT flawless filter - I can’t work out what this does, but whatever it is, it makes me look better! It’s sheer and a bit sort of glowy like a highlighter. I will get another shade to try when I’m a bit more ££ inclined.

Reactions: 6
CT flawless filter - I can’t work out what this does, but whatever it is, it makes me look better! It’s sheer and a bit sort of glowy like a highlighter. I will get another shade to try when I’m a bit more ££ inclined.
Collection do a dupe for this. About £6. I've not tried the CT so not sure if the comparison stands, but it is a good product.
It is called Filter Finish. Gives a lovely polished glowy gleam. I sometimes use it as a primer, or highlighter or both. Just makes my face look 'better' if that makes sense 😂

• Heart
Collection do a dupe for this. About £6. I've not tried the CT so not sure if the comparison stands, but it is a good product.
It is called Filter Finish. Gives a lovely polished glowy gleam. I sometimes use it as a primer, or highlighter or both. Just makes my face look 'better' if that makes sense 😂
Ooh thanks, will have a look. You describe it much better than me: ‘polished, glowy gleam.’ And yeas, just indefinably better! I can’t put my finger on it.

I have used the Tilbury Hollywood Filter and when it ended, the Collection dupe. I prefer the latter and have made the latter a permanent swap. My purse approves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lads my eyelids are still scalded off me. I’m thinking it was an Olay make up remover that I reacted to but it’s not healing despite using La Roche posay cicaplast serum, hydraphase eye gel and fucidin h was prescribed to me but still it persists. It’s like raw red sticky eyelids and a bit under my eyes too and when i wake up they are sooo crusty lol sorry to be gross. Am also using the halo-forte eye drops recommended on a previous page. Going without make up is a no go for me tbh because I’m a minger without it lol so have cleaned all my brushes and sponges thoroughly. Anything ye would recommend? Is it just the time of year and a wait-it-out type of sitch? Anyone through though similar?
I had a massive allergic reaction to glamglow and even when it wasn’t used on my eyes similar happened to my eyelids. I used aquaphor on my face to repair the barrier and frozen eye patches to cool the skin on my eyelids down. Took a couple of weeks to heal and slowly introduced skincare and makeup bit by bit.

• Heart
I have used the Tilbury Hollywood Filter and when it ended, the Collection dupe. I prefer the latter and have made the latter a permanent swap. My purse approves.
Ive been influenced and am going to get some tomorrow.

Thoughts on the Elf dupe vs the Collection dupe?

Naturium again. No one mentioned Naturium at all because of the backlash, then Susan yara came to London and took the influencers out to dinner and suddenly everyone's mentioning her products 🤔🤔🤔
True. Well aware that what she did was fraudulent but confess I caved and bought the Niacinamide cleanser from SpaceNK during the Black Friday event, and have enjoyed using it.🫣
I’ll get my coat…

Wow that aquaphor is amazing! I got it yesterday and am 90% healed already. Thanks lovely people!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone recommend a nice blusher ?? I loved the soap and glory one but it’s never in stock. Got a benefit one they seem to have discounted that now 😬

The obvious one would be the iconic Nars Orgasm. It’s a bit sparkly for me, I prefer the version without the sparkles called Deep Throat.

Revolution have some great blusher palettes.

---

Tagging you again @strawberrysunshine_x - to add this is a much cheaper dupe for Nars Orgasm, it’s the shade rose gold.
Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The obvious one would be the iconic Nars Orgasm. It’s a bit sparkly for me, I prefer the version without the sparkles called Deep Throat.

Revolution have some great blusher palettes.

---

Tagging you again @strawberrysunshine_x - to add this is a much cheaper dupe for Nars Orgasm, it’s the shade rose gold.
Amazon product
Oohh I’ve used that one before !!! And I couldn’t find it last time. I really liked it. I’ll have a look on Amazon now. I ordered an Estée one but I think the colour might be wrong 😑. It’s hard to sometimes.
I’ve had a look at Nars. There’s another one I liked the look off a bit darker than shade orgasm but still had gold shimmer in it.
thanks for ur help 🥰

---

There is this one on look fantastic!! And it is very similar to the soap & glory I used to like 🥰 only fiver!!
62D32735-B37B-407C-8756-0EC4709AD4DD.png

• Heart
Oohh I’ve used that one before !!! And I couldn’t find it last time. I really liked it. I’ll have a look on Amazon now. I ordered an Estée one but I think the colour might be wrong 😑. It’s hard to sometimes.
I’ve had a look at Nars. There’s another one I liked the look off a bit darker than shade orgasm but still had gold shimmer in it.
thanks for ur help 🥰

---

There is this one on look fantastic!! And it is very similar to the soap & glory I used to like 🥰 only fiver!! View attachment 1907800
That’s a nice shade. Some Boots sell Sleek if you wanted to check out the shade in person

• Heart
my holy grail blush is Mac - Melba. I’m yet to find one I like more than that
My favourite is Mac too: Well Dressed. It’s more of a baby pink though. I haven’t bought another blusher in years.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.