A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve found my people!!!. I abhor the cold; hate it with a passion. As soon as the tip of my nose goes cold I’m a miserable witch. If my feet go cold as well, then I’m pissed off and miserable.
Dreading the walk to school tomorrow:(
I know its cold for me when my nose gets cold too ( tis big enough!) and hate having cold feet!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was gonna say, work from home made it so much better, its finally me who sets the temperature. So happy I don't have to sit in a freezing office!!

Need to get some cosy slippers!
I have some Ugg slippers my mum got me in Australia. I love them! They are so warm without causing sweaty feet.
I also have a pair of summer slippers 😂 fluffy slider type ones. Please don’t ever make me work in an office again!

Reactions: 3
God! I hate the cold feet.
How do people keep their feet toasty? I have a fleeced socks and it is not working. lol.

Reactions: 1
I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!

I have some Ugg slippers my mum got me in Australia. I love them! They are so warm without causing sweaty feet.
I also have a pair of summer slippers 😂 fluffy slider type ones. Please don’t ever make me work in an office again!
I may ask my husband for a pair of these as a Christmas present. I already own a pair of regular Ugg’s 💕

I had a Tesco delivery on Monday and spent the whole time I was emptying my shopping from the boxes moaning about how cold it was.

Afterwards thought he probably had zero sympathy for the poor girl who'd come out of her cosy warm house for the first time that day to have her shopping delivered to her door when he still had 2 hrs to go 😂😂😂
Are you in the UK? I really don't it's been that cold yet!!

I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!
Separate rooms if you can, best thing me and hubby decided to do, he snores, and I'm an insomiac, one of the best decisions we made, doesn't make us love each other less, we all need sleeps.

Last edited:
We've got one where both sides plug in so I can have mine on while my boyfriend never uses his!

Are you in the UK? I really don't it's been that cold
Yes!!! The Tesco man did agree it was the coolest night for a while but admittedly I was being a wimp who had been sat inside with the heating on and not ventured out.

God knows how much I'll whinge when it actually gets really cold this year 🥶

• Haha
Winter is officially here - my car was completely iced over this morning!!
My colleagues like to joke about the amount of layers I wear and how I basically roam the school with my huge coat on 24/7 now that we have to keep all the windows and doors open to allow for "ventilation". I just don't understand the demons I work with, walking around in their blouses and thin shirts like its bloody 25 degrees outside and NOT the arctic.

If anyone knows of any good thermals or fleeces or even discreet fluffy socks, hit ya girl up bc I'm taking all opinions and suggestions to get me through this term. Also heating has been on regularly for 2 weeks and I am not ashamed.
Black scarf for at work? Like a cotton one? Looks like part of the outfit and it’s warm 😃😃

We've got one where both sides plug in so I can have mine on while my boyfriend never uses his!
Oh really?! I need to do some research. Thank you so much! Is there any particular brand you recommend or are they pretty much the same? Xx

Oh really?! I need to do some research. Thank you so much! Is there any particular brand you recommend or are they pretty much the same? Xx
Can't remember which one I got but it was on amazon. There are loads so I guess just whichever one has good reviews. Dual control one is what you need 😊

• Heart
God! I hate the cold feet.
How do people keep their feet toasty? I have a fleeced socks and it is not working. lol.
I have the worlds coldest feet. This is very unpopular but i need socks on to sleep bc I just cant cope with cold feet.
I swear by the heat holder thermal socks - they are AMAZING. But I only buy the mens versions as the women's version is so much thinner for some reason. Cant wear them under any shoes I own but amazing for around the house.

Black scarf for at work? Like a cotton one? Looks like part of the outfit and it’s warm 😃😃
Doesnt work! I'm cold all over 🤣 I find scarves really restricting so I try to layer up and always have a thin thermal polo neck on underneath of some sort and then massive chunky jumpers and finally my coat/jacket of choice I'm still cold! This is when I stuff the rules and close the windows for 20 minutes so my body can regain its blood circulation again.

Try working all day OUTSIDE like I do....especially after a 15 hour day like the one I just did.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I really want to end every single conversation with
“it’s so cold”
“I’m bloody freezing”
“Are you cold?.... it’s cold isn’t it?”
I am starting and ending every conversation with one of those statements at this point!

It is hideously cold up here in Glasgow. Winter seems to get worse each year. Probably not helped by the fact that we did have a warm spring/summer this year.

I’m that weirdo who prefers cold weather to hot....currently luxuriating in my favourite fleecy jimjams and spotty bed socks like a pig in muck 😊

Separate beds are definitely the way forward for perimenopausal women...no more hubby or partner moaning about the duvet being on, the duvet being off etc etc....

My top tip for not being at cold at home is to put a hot water bottle in your dressing gown while you wear it!!!

It was 4 degrees C when I went out for a run at 5:30 this morning. I could tell there had been a light frost because some of the parked cars were still coated.

Lovely and toasty in bed last night (apart from having to brave the elements for a quick trip to the loo. It's a lovely feeling snuggling back into bed and pulling the duvet up to you neck once more)

Slightly milder night temperatures for the next few days, but to me they are all the same =l COLD!!