A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must admit to jumping into my bed of an evening having switched on the EB 30 minutes before, so that I am all nice and toasty while watching some TV. (Different story when I accidentally forget to switch the EB on and I end up jumping straight back out again!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I ran the trash to the bin and could cut glass with my nipples now. It's COLD.

• Haha
  • Wow
I got caught out on a Teams Call today for having a fleece blanket on my lap which I absent mindedly pulled up into shot of the camera, without thinking :LOL: The person on the call commented on it... I just can’t have the heating on full blast all day, and being sat still in my chair always makes my legs go so cold...

• Haha
Winter is officially here - my car was completely iced over this morning!!
My colleagues like to joke about the amount of layers I wear and how I basically roam the school with my huge coat on 24/7 now that we have to keep all the windows and doors open to allow for "ventilation". I just don't understand the demons I work with, walking around in their blouses and thin shirts like its bloody 25 degrees outside and NOT the arctic.

If anyone knows of any good thermals or fleeces or even discreet fluffy socks, hit ya girl up bc I'm taking all opinions and suggestions to get me through this term. Also heating has been on regularly for 2 weeks and I am not ashamed.

Reactions: 3
I remember growing up in a house where the inside of the windows froze up, am abit the same now, no central heating, have a burner which only heats the downstairs which I haven't lit yet, I just put layers on and go bed early with a leccy blanket.

Reactions: 1
A bit off topic but I used to work with a woman who kept her coat on all day,even in the summer. Even now when anyone mentions her (she left a few years back) they always mention it. Always 😁

:ROFLMAO: canadian, so -30C or so is when nose hairs freeze.

i will say though, when i was in uk, the "damp cold" was harder for me to endure.
I agree, it's not so much the cold that gets me so much as the constant "damp cold". Those crisp wintery days are great but rare. I went to Toronto at the beginning of March a few years back and yes it was bitterly cold but because it was dry and bright it was so much easier to deal with.

I'm constantly finding myself inappropriately dressed for the weather. Yesterday I was frozen and stood miserably at school pick up in nowhere near enough clothes, so today I put on a big jumper and was totally overheated by the time I came back from dropping them off. We've got double doors into the lounge and literally the minute they're ajar in the slightest it's like the artic has entered. I'm constantly shouting "shut the door"!

• Heart
Yes, and it’s too dark as well, for too long, on top of the cold. Love the title of this thread.

I'm from the UK, now living in Canada. In winter, it is not unusual to get down to -40 degrees. In fact, just last week it was -27. This Monday, it was +23. We get warm winds that break up the winter every few weeks.
I do giggle a bit when people in the UK go on about how cold it is but then I remember that the dampness makes it a lot worse. I always say to people back home that I would take a dry, sunny, -25 day over a grey, damp 0-degree day back home.
Layers are key.

I’m still using my 4.5 tog summer duvet (other half is wrapped in the winter duvet 😂) and have the bedroom windows open.

I’ll leave now as this thread is clearly not my place!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
couple of years ago stayed somewhere that had an electric blanket. Total game changer. Bought one straight away, love getting into a warm bed 🛌

couple of years ago stayed somewhere that had an electric blanket. Total game changer. Bought one straight away, love getting into a warm bed 🛌
I used to hear so many scaremongering comments about leccy blankets, best we've brought, am lying in bed with mine on now!!!

I used to hear so many scaremongering comments about leccy blankets, best we've brought, am lying in bed with mine on now!!!
Us too 😂 I’d class it as an essential item

Am now tucked up in bed all nice and toasty with the EB on number 3. Trouble is I now need to pee!:(
Ooo how warm is that? Only have ours on 1, sometimes 2 if we forget to put it on

I’ve found my people!!!. I abhor the cold; hate it with a passion. As soon as the tip of my nose goes cold I’m a miserable witch. If my feet go cold as well, then I’m pissed off and miserable.
Dreading the walk to school tomorrow:(

Us too 😂 I’d class it as an essential item

Ooo how warm is that? Only have ours on 1, sometimes 2 if we forget to put it on
Definitely an essential item in my house, no central heating, good to jump in a warm bed!

A bit off topic but I used to work with a woman who kept her coat on all day,even in the summer. Even now when anyone mentions her (she left a few years back) they always mention it. Always 😁
Omg I reckon this was me 😂 although not in the summer, promise!

I love working from home. Today I sat with slippers, a blanket, hot water bottle and a fan heater on me and no one commented on it! I am always cold, my husband is always hot so I use him to heat my feet up in bed. About the only use he has 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had a Tesco delivery on Monday and spent the whole time I was emptying my shopping from the boxes moaning about how cold it was.

Afterwards thought he probably had zero sympathy for the poor girl who'd come out of her cosy warm house for the first time that day to have her shopping delivered to her door when he still had 2 hrs to go 😂😂😂

• Haha
Omg I reckon this was me 😂 although not in the summer, promise!

I love working from home. Today I sat with slippers, a blanket, hot water bottle and a fan heater on me and no one commented on it! I am always cold, my husband is always hot so I use him to heat my feet up in bed. About the only use he has 🤣
I was gonna say, work from home made it so much better, its finally me who sets the temperature. So happy I don't have to sit in a freezing office!!

Need to get some cosy slippers!