A Pinch of Nom - Kay Featherstone and Kate Allinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hear they're addicted to high fat, sugar and salt food and because they rarely show their faces all they do is crash diet everytime a book comes out to pretend they've lost weight. They've made 6 million but what good is all that when they're so unhealthy they're going to die early!
They don't like publicity and public interviews as they are well aware of the reaction they will receive and the impact it would have on "The Brand" (a phrase constantly repeated when they hit the jackpot) They felt pressured into losing weight and they know that the eyes of the world is on them.
I am not out to fat shame anyone as I am no twiggy myself and on my own personal journey.
The struggle is very real, my problem being I eat my emotions BUT I am in control. I am aware of what I eat and I take any consequential gain on the chin, pick myself up and get back on plan

You can blame everything in your life but the bottom line is that you are in control of the space between the fork and your mouth

Reactions: 8
They don't like publicity and public interviews as they are well aware of the reaction they will receive and the impact it would have on "The Brand" (a phrase constantly repeated when they hit the jackpot) They felt pressured into losing weight and they know that the eyes of the world is on them.
I am not out to fat shame anyone as I am no twiggy myself and on my own personal journey.
The struggle is very real, my problem being I eat my emotions BUT I am in control. I am aware of what I eat and I take any consequential gain on the chin, pick myself up and get back on plan

You can blame everything in your life but the bottom line is that you are in control of the space between the fork and your mouth
I don’t think it’s fat shaming to wonder why two giant people are advising on low calorie food. Practise what you preach etc and they def don’t

Reactions: 11
I wonder if that's why slimming World want nothing to do with them?
I don't think their weight had anything to do with that

Pinch of nom did not want anything to do with SW as they didn't want to be controlled in what they said and did, hence the start of the divorce process

Also SW is a huge brand and syn values change constantly which in turn would invalidate any nutritional information provided in the PoN books, it makes sense from a business point of view to remove reference to SW

Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s fat shaming to wonder why two giant people are advising on low calorie food. Practise what you preach etc and they def don’t
Absolutely. I wouldn't take skincare advice from someone with severe acne. I wouldn't hire a PT who weighed 30 stone. They are enormous hypocrites (there is a different from being overweight, many people struggle with weight, to being super morbidly obese)

Im', torn on the subject of these two. I mean, I know Slimming World inside out, know the syn value of practically every food in Tesco and Lidl (I'm cheap lol), can make about 15 different slimming world pizzas, batch cook slimming world meals most sundays, and can tell you 100% how to 'do it' blah blah blah. Yet I;m still overweight (not to their standards but I could do with osing another 2 stone). I KNOW the rules, the pseudo science and have been asked a few times to be a consultant (more for my money than my knowledge, i'm sure, but that's another story). I know them, but I still fail to stick to them at times. Currently i'm sat at a desk having drunk no water, eaten no speed and am eating a Twirl and drinking full sugar Coke.

So I don't think the main issue (for me) is them being morbidly obese, although I was shocked to see that they were the size they were when they launched the first book.

My issue with them is their attitude. The self entitlement, the aggressive comments in their FB group, the booting of people that disagree or don't post links to THEIR recipes, but maybe to Slimming Eats or even the SW website itself. The way I have heard that they treat people working with them, the stealing of recipes, their view that everything is about THEM.

They've built a great community on the Slimming World name - they can try and deny that all they want, but it's what they did. The majority of people that were in the group when I was (I left a while ago) were following Slimming World, their recipes were titled Syn Free and Slimming World Friendly. And they made money from it.

L:ike Jack Monroe, they'll tell you that they give away loads of recipes on their website for free - they won't tell you they make thousands from affiliate links and the ads that litter that god awful website, and all the crap you have to wade through to even get to a recipe. Their 'followers' think they do it from the goodness of their heart and the book success is what they deserve. I don't doubt they've put work into it, but it's not from the goodness of their hearts and because they want to help people. I suspect it's because it makes them money and running a website and a FB group is easier than running a restaurant.

They didn't want to play ball with SW - fair enough. But they knew as soon as they overtly began making money, they'd have to either play ball or give up the SW tie in. It's interesting that Two Chubby Cubs have books out yet are still allowed to use the SW name on their website...

Anyway TLDR - this was just a long diatribe to say that their attitude and way of treating people makes me dislike them more than their weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Im', torn on the subject of these two. I mean, I know Slimming World inside out, know the syn value of practically every food in Tesco and Lidl (I'm cheap lol), can make about 15 different slimming world pizzas, batch cook slimming world meals most sundays, and can tell you 100% how to 'do it' blah blah blah. Yet I;m still overweight (not to their standards but I could do with osing another 2 stone). I KNOW the rules, the pseudo science and have been asked a few times to be a consultant (more for my money than my knowledge, i'm sure, but that's another story). I know them, but I still fail to stick to them at times. Currently i'm sat at a desk having drunk no water, eaten no speed and am eating a Twirl and drinking full sugar Coke.

So I don't think the main issue (for me) is them being morbidly obese, although I was shocked to see that they were the size they were when they launched the first book.

My issue with them is their attitude. The self entitlement, the aggressive comments in their FB group, the booting of people that disagree or don't post links to THEIR recipes, but maybe to Slimming Eats or even the SW website itself. The way I have heard that they treat people working with them, the stealing of recipes, their view that everything is about THEM.

They've built a great community on the Slimming World name - they can try and deny that all they want, but it's what they did. The majority of people that were in the group when I was (I left a while ago) were following Slimming World, their recipes were titled Syn Free and Slimming World Friendly. And they made money from it.

L:ike Jack Monroe, they'll tell you that they give away loads of recipes on their website for free - they won't tell you they make thousands from affiliate links and the ads that litter that god awful website, and all the crap you have to wade through to even get to a recipe. Their 'followers' think they do it from the goodness of their heart and the book success is what they deserve. I don't doubt they've put work into it, but it's not from the goodness of their hearts and because they want to help people. I suspect it's because it makes them money and running a website and a FB group is easier than running a restaurant.

They didn't want to play ball with SW - fair enough. But they knew as soon as they overtly began making money, they'd have to either play ball or give up the SW tie in. It's interesting that Two Chubby Cubs have books out yet are still allowed to use the SW name on their website...

Anyway TLDR - this was just a long diatribe to say that their attitude and way of treating people makes me dislike them more than their weight.
@Nonnymouse
Well said 👏👏👏
I couldn't have put that any better myself

You've certainly summed it up perfectly

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I think they’re grim and totally money grabbing. I unfollowed all their social media pages a while because I couldn’t be assed with the cult following. I do have the books which I find helpful because I calorie count!

Reactions: 3
Oh I assumed Slimming World had come down on them for trying to make money using their copyrighted terms and plan and that's why they had to remove it all.

What sort of rules did SW have that made Pinch of Nom make that split themselves?

I only care that they're so large because they're making money from telling us what to eat and how to lose weight. I get what you're saying above that you can still know the plan inside out and not follow it, I'm in the same situation myself - I lost 4st on SW and put it all back on again because I stopped following it not because I didn't know or it didn't work. But the fact that they're clearly not following it shows how unsustainable diets like Slimming World are in the long term and it's not the way to lose weight and keep it off. I wouldn't choose it next time I get back onto healthy eating, I'll stick to calorie counting.

Reactions: 2
I think they’re grim and totally money grabbing. I unfollowed all their social media pages a while because I couldn’t be assed with the cult following. I do have the books which I find helpful because I calorie count!
Oh I have the books and they are good books (I prefer Two Chubby Cubs and The Batch Lady though) - they look nice as well as having good recipes in them, and I can Slimming World Syn most recipes easily so they do come in useful. But as you say, the cult like aspect of their following is awful.

Oh I assumed Slimming World had come down on them for trying to make money using their copyrighted terms and plan and that's why they had to remove it all.

What sort of rules did SW have that made Pinch of Nom make that split themselves?

I only care that they're so large because they're making money from telling us what to eat and how to lose weight. I get what you're saying above that you can still know the plan inside out and not follow it, I'm in the same situation myself - I lost 4st on SW and put it all back on again because I stopped following it not because I didn't know or it didn't work. But the fact that they're clearly not following it shows how unsustainable diets like Slimming World are in the long term and it's not the way to lose weight and keep it off. I wouldn't choose it next time I get back onto healthy eating, I'll stick to calorie counting.
As I understand it, Slimming World asked for a meeting with them and they refused to go. Or 'declined' to go or something. I would imagine that SW would have asked them to either remove the SW trademarks or pay a licensing fee, as they're known to do (which again makes me wonder about Two Chubby Cubs as they still have slimming world trademarked words on their social media and blog) - PON ladies presumably thought they could do it without the slimming world name, and to be fair to them, they have.

But I can guarantee that most of their followers have no idea what they really look like, just air brushed headshots and flattering angles. I hate 'influencers' who say they want to 'keep it real' yet their whole image and 'brand' is fake (see Mrs Hinch, Emma Drew and I'm sure loads more).

Last edited:
Can you make it public how they’ve treated you ? Maybe tweet them ask fir credit for the recipe.

Can you make it public how they’ve treated you ? Maybe tweet them ask fir credit for the recipe.
I've tried several times to make contact with them but they have not responded

Tbh, I've wasted more than enough of my time on them. They have mentioned my name on a couple of my recipes on the website and I got an acknowledgement for being a mod in the first book

The laughable thing about the acknowledgements in the last planner is the fact that they thanked everyone, including the feckin cats, but gave no mention to the mods who work tirelessly behind the scenes keeping their FB page going 24/7 which is no easy task with a million members!!

It just sickens me that this sort of behaviour is repeated time and time again. They really do not care about the impact their actions have once they've made the decision to get rid of you. It's like Kay flicks a switch and puff your gone, never to be mentioned by the team again irrespective of how much you've done for them :-(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I used to go on their page until I saw them post recipes that I’d seen before.I’d also seen them block people for recommending two chubby Cubs.

they sound vile

• Angry
I used to go on their page until I saw them post recipes that I’d seen before.I’d also seen them block people for recommending two chubby Cubs.

they sound vile
Yep. All 2cc supporters were booted and blocked or comments deleted

In fact you weren't allowed to mention any other blog apart from theirs

Comments relating to people not liking their recipes were also systematically deleted

Totally agree
Here is a clip of Kay talking at a convention in Texas last year about how to make even more money

They are as successful as they are because she is good at analytics. Studying what people are searching for and monopolising on it

• Wow
Totally agree
Here is a clip of Kay talking at a convention in Texas last year about how to make even more money

They are as successful as they are because she is good at analytics. Studying what people are searching for and monopolising on it

I just can’t get over the size of her.
People struggle with their weight I get that but to be making money off “healthy” eating is unreal

Reactions: 12
And to think they are selling healthy eating books, it's honestly mind blowing 😂😳
It’s absolutely mental 😂

I can’t get over the size of her but she looks worryingly unhealthy too like she might keel over at any second, it’s obviously an effort for her to stand that length of time, you can hear her struggling to breathe.

I’ve struggled with my weight over the years and I’m not where I want to be, but honestly even if I was giving zero fucks and eating whatever and whenever I wanted, I’d probably only put on an extra stone or so as I’m not one for eating for the sake of it, it must take constant eating to maintain that size! Absolutely insane they are even remotely involved with the diet industry 🙈 I feel like there should be a Panorama report on them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wow she’s out of breath just standing on that stage.

it’s sad that promote diets/healthy eating yet she is morbidly obese.At last the two chubby Cubs did lose weight.

Very interesting thread! I was considering buying their everyday light cookbook but I think I'll Pass now, they don't seem like they need their pockets lined any more.

Reactions: 5