A Pinch of Nom - Kay Featherstone and Kate Allinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For a while 2CC and Slimming eats have been sharing each other’s recipes. Mongolian beef can be quickly cooked by 2CC and the cheeseburger quiche made siobhan’s way is tasty. To be honest I much prefer their blogs and will put up with the long blogs to get the recipes from their sites. 2CC are having issues with their group again being wrongly reported.
I love 2 chubby Cubs and slimming eats, they clearly stick to what they’re promoting too.

Reactions: 8
For a while 2CC and Slimming eats have been sharing each other’s recipes. Mongolian beef can be quickly cooked by 2CC and the cheeseburger quiche made siobhan’s way is tasty. To be honest I much prefer their blogs and will put up with the long blogs to get the recipes from their sites. 2CC are having issues with their group again being wrongly reported.
Wouldn’t be surprised if PON was reporting the group, the devil works hard but Kay works harder 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s amazing how so many people in the group have lost massive amounts of weight following the recipes but the authors have only got bigger.
I remember this comment from Kay... quick maths, to lose 1lb is approx equal to 3500 calorie deficit, so 13lb in a week is 6500 calorie deficit per day.. is that even possible? I know when you first start on a diet there’s the “wooosh” of losing water weight but I find it totally misleading that she’s said she can lose 13lb in week like it’s normal for her.

Weight loss is hard for everyone and I think the point she could have said is that while bigger people can have a bigger calorie deficit due to higher resting calorie needs and technically lose more weight in a week, it also means they’re a lot further away from a healthy weight than a slightly overweight person losing 0.5-1lb a week.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
No-one can lose 13lb of FAT in a week. You can lose water weight. I like their recipes but i won't be taking diet advise from Kay :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s amazing how so many people in the group have lost massive amounts of weight following the recipes but the authors have only got bigger.
I remember this comment from Kay... quick maths, to lose 1lb is approx equal to 3500 calorie deficit, so 13lb in a week is 6500 calorie deficit per day.. is that even possible? I know when you first start on a diet there’s the “wooosh” of losing water weight but I find it totally misleading that she’s said she can lose 13lb in week like it’s normal for her.

Weight loss is hard for everyone and I think the point she could have said is that while bigger people can have a bigger calorie deficit due to higher resting calorie needs and technically lose more weight in a week, it also means they’re a lot further away from a healthy weight than a slightly overweight person losing 0.5-1lb a week.
It’s because ALL diet research shows that diets don’t work long term. Regain is inevitable unless you discover exercise in a big way or find a way of eating you can stick to for life. Most of us can’t do that.

So sadly the group members who have lost weight will have a five year window after which 95% will have regained every single pound and 40+% will have regained more on top for good measure. Sadly I am in that 45%+ who gain more on top.

Trying SlimPod at the moment to see if it helps me (a bit like Paul McKenna ). It doesn’t require that I actively diet though.

Reactions: 3
Interesting thread, shocked at how big they are, I think I was confusing them with the chubby Cubs though as thought it was 2 men who ran it. Sorry if this is derailing but can anybody suggest any genuine healthy eating accounts to follow? Most slimming world accounts seem to be full of hacks fake aways etc lots of processed food, look how much I can eat in a day, and I just find the more that I eat that sort of stuff the more I eat!

Reactions: 1
It’s because ALL diet research shows that diets don’t work long term. Regain is inevitable unless you discover exercise in a big way or find a way of eating you can stick to for life. Most of us can’t do that.

So sadly the group members who have lost weight will have a five year window after which 95% will have regained every single pound and 40+% will have regained more on top for good measure. Sadly I am in that 45%+ who gain more on top.

Trying SlimPod at the moment to see if it helps me (a bit like Paul McKenna ). It doesn’t require that I actively diet though.
Disagree. If people can’t maintain weight loss it’s because they haven’t figured out a sustainable way to eat at their maintenance calories. “Diets” don’t work because diets are often restrictive and promote unhealthy thoughts and behaviour. It’s perfectly possible to lose weight through calorie deficit and maintain a healthy weight through living a healthy balance lifestyle where calories in = calories out i.e. no weight gain and plenty of people do lose weight and keep it off. It is hard in a culture of high salt/fat/sugar foods and lots of processed/convenience foods and inflation of portion sizes to eat healthy, I don’t argue with that, but people have to figure out a way to not overeat and to take responsibility for their own weight and health. Food scale + calorie counting app will help.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Interesting thread, shocked at how big they are, I think I was confusing them with the chubby Cubs though as thought it was 2 men who ran it. Sorry if this is derailing but can anybody suggest any genuine healthy eating accounts to follow? Most slimming world accounts seem to be full of hacks fake aways etc lots of processed food, look how much I can eat in a day, and I just find the more that I eat that sort of stuff the more I eat!
Slimming eats and two chubby Cubs do good tasty food at lower calories. I do a lot of their recipes that are proper store cupboard ingredients and tasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Two chubby Cubs don’t do the hacks,they Seem to prefer to use a bit more calories on better tasting food.

• Heart
Slimming eats and two chubby Cubs do good tasty food at lower calories. I do a lot of their recipes that are proper store cupboard ingredients and tasty.
They are the best.
Interesting that SW let them use syns on their websites too.
PON must have really fucked them off.

• Haha
Personally in recent weeks I’ve stopped doing any kind of ‘diet’ including counting calories on MFP and I’ve found that I’ve naturally gravitated towards just eating healthier because it’s what I want to eat rather than eating unhealthier stuff because I can fit in my calories or syns or points etc. It’s actually been really liberating and I’ve still lost weight, I’ve suffered with an eating disorder in the past and have issues with control and I feel much lighter mentally finally

• Heart
Reactions: 11
These two just come across as not very nice people. Reading through the thread, it seems this is true.

Reactions: 7
Two chubby Cubs don’t do the hacks,they Seem to prefer to use a bit more calories on better tasting food.
I’ve been very impressed by their two recipe books I’ve probably cooked about 30 recipes so far and pretty much all have gone down well with me my husband and 2 teenagers (Jamie Oliver’s on the other hand went in the bin there was only 2 half decent recipe in the whole book)

Reactions: 2
I’ve been very impressed by their two recipe books I’ve probably cooked about 30 recipes so far and pretty much all have gone down well with me my husband and 2 teenagers (Jamie Oliver’s on the other hand went in the bin there was only 2 half decent recipe in the whole book)
I have all of their books and haven't cooked a single thing out of them yet. Does anyone have the syns for the recipes?