8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just feel so bad for all them kids! 😭
Now more than ever, the parents are worse than before & now the aunts, uncles and grandparents don't seem to be involved in their lives.. the poor kids have no respite from their parents!

Reactions: 3
Wow just caught up with this family. Something very strange going on there. Punishing the youngest 2 kids with no Christmas seems odd. All these harsh lessons but it’s more to do with poor mental health in the adults. Very sad

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve been so busy with my life, I forgot about this family (I unsubscribed over the summer I think). The recent comments on this thread don’t seem like anything has changed for the kids. :/

• Sad
Ye Gods. In all of the scenarios I was imagining regarding what had happened within the Griffiths family, I didn’t even come CLOSE to this 😳

Kevin’s monologue from about 1.22 into this video - - together with the jaw-dropping Connexions videos - say it all.

I’ve always given the Frankes the benefit of the doubt, particularly with what’s happened over the last year or two. But this is horrible. They got where they are today off the backs of their kids and this is what those kids, particularly Russell and Eve, get back in return.

Ye Gods. In all of the scenarios I was imagining regarding what had happened within the Griffiths family, I didn’t even come CLOSE to this 😳

Kevin’s monologue from about 1.22 into this video - together with the jaw-dropping Connexions videos - say it all.

I’ve always given the Frankes the benefit of the doubt, particularly with what’s happened over the last year or two. But this is horrible. They got where they are today off the backs of their kids and this is what those kids, particularly Russell and Eve, get back in return.
Edited to add the Connexion video -

• Angry
This family makes me sick. I do hope sponsors will pull out of anything and everything they do or try to do.

Reactions: 2
Infant believe they haven’t uploaded the Christmas Day vlog and show everyone how that gift of love worked out for the youngest two, all while watching their older siblings opening gifts

Infant believe they haven’t uploaded the Christmas Day vlog and show everyone how that gift of love worked out for the youngest two, all while watching their older siblings opening gifts
Such a sad christmas for those poor children. It's one of those things that they'll never forget and may never forgive their parents for.

Reactions: 2
She sounds so deranged. Can see her kids in therapy and choosing to be no contact with her.

Very sad to see eves baptism had no Griffith grandparents or the aunts, uncles or cousins. There’s definitely a divide in the family,

Very sad to see eves baptism had no Griffith grandparents or the aunts, uncles or cousins. There’s definitely a divide in the family,
To be honest if they were in my family I'd probably not involve myself either - their parenting seems to have gone a bit ott recently 😅

So I know Shari has a bad rep because she seems most like Ruby, but honestly - good on her for dropping YouTube (with a few, not at all personal exceptions) the *moment* she was able to. Though honestly, I was rooting for her to go somewhere other than BYU, maybe leave the conservative Utah bubble. And she's also been the parentified oldest daughter for years, so of course she'd seem more like her parents in some ways. She was in charge of all these children when the pandemic broke out - that's not a reasonable amount of responsibility to put on a teenager, even if she can live up to it.

In the pre-Christmas video, Shari mentions that she will spend Christmas with her grandparents. I wonder if it was her decision or whether the present situation plays into that at all. But that must have been one uncomfortable holiday at the Franke house.

(On yet another unrelated note - over the years, Ruby has filmed Russle and Eve (and Chad) in situations that make their behavior look somewhat poorly regulated a lot. That could also be caused by how she treats them, pulls them in and out of different schools incessantly even before the pandemic, or by what she expects of them. If not, though - idk, maybe don't take away your love from your children to give it as a gift on special occasions? Just give them gifts that have them cooperate with each other, or that teach them to be gentle, or that help them work on things independently. There are a million non-cruel paths to take. )

Reactions: 7
How desperately sad that Eve’s maternal grandparents, aunts and uncles weren’t at their granddaughter’s baptism. Although, would Covid regulations mean limited numbers allowed in Utah? 🤔

How desperately sad that Eve’s maternal grandparents, aunts and uncles weren’t at their granddaughter’s baptism. Although, would Covid regulations mean limited numbers allowed in Utah? 🤔
I wouldn’t have thought there are as the Griffith grandparents had the other two families and their kids at their house for Christmas.

I wouldn’t have thought there are as the Griffith grandparents had the other two families and their kids at their house for Christmas.
I just wondered as in the UK the rules seem to change almost daily; it’s hard to keep up with what we’re supposed to be doing 😵

My New Year’s resolution was not to gossip or speculate but this is technically a loose end from last year so there’s that 🤪 - I think that this might all come down to Kevin. Apart from Beau and Emily, who I don’t know much about, it seems that all of the Griffiths clan and all of their spouses are willing participants in the whole YouTube thing. I know Kevin has picked up the camera before, when he took the girls abroad with him for work for example but compared to the other husbands he has been almost absent for the last year. I’ve watched a couple of their Connexions videos and seen a completely different side to Kevin than is portrayed on the 8 Passengers vlogs and it opened my eyes a bit to his character. He’s really passionate about the Connexions stuff and comfortably opens up about topics that would never appear or a family channel. Ruby says she’ll be cutting the 8 Passengers blogs down to twice a week. It’s late here and I’m not sure I can word this properly but I wonder if Kevin gave Ruby an ultimatum; her family and YouTube or him. He even said in a recent blog that this last Christmas had been really good because it was simple, with just their family, and not a ton of arrangements to be made with lots of people. I wonder if he felt a bit lost within the bigger Griffiths dynamic; Landon, Joel and Jared always seemed to gel as a group, and Beau too when he was around, although to a lesser degree, but Kevin just wasn’t around much. In the Connexions video it comes across quite strongly that he takes his role of head of the family very seriously. Maybe he really couldn’t handle being a small fish in a big pond and wants to be the big fish in the smaller pond so he made Ruby choose?

But if that’s the case - and I really don’t want to offend anybody with clumsy wordmanship - surely it goes against everything their church professes to stand for? Baptisms are a huge deal; I just can’t think of anything that would keep the wider family away, especially Ruby’s parents.

Something huge has happened. It’s almost as if they’ve been shunned by the rest of the family. For a while Bonnie in particular kept mentioning that there was something upsetting going on. I guess we’ll never know. But I feel so sorry for all of those kids, not just the Frankes 😔

I just wondered as in the UK the rules seem to change almost daily; it’s hard to keep up with what we’re supposed to be doing 😵

My New Year’s resolution was not to gossip or speculate but this is technically a loose end from last year so there’s that 🤪 - I think that this might all come down to Kevin. Apart from Beau and Emily, who I don’t know much about, it seems that all of the Griffiths clan and all of their spouses are willing participants in the whole YouTube thing. I know Kevin has picked up the camera before, when he took the girls abroad with him for work for example but compared to the other husbands he has been almost absent for the last year. I’ve watched a couple of their Connexions videos and seen a completely different side to Kevin than is portrayed on the 8 Passengers vlogs and it opened my eyes a bit to his character. He’s really passionate about the Connexions stuff and comfortably opens up about topics that would never appear or a family channel. Ruby says she’ll be cutting the 8 Passengers blogs down to twice a week. It’s late here and I’m not sure I can word this properly but I wonder if Kevin gave Ruby an ultimatum; her family and YouTube or him. He even said in a recent blog that this last Christmas had been really good because it was simple, with just their family, and not a ton of arrangements to be made with lots of people. I wonder if he felt a bit lost within the bigger Griffiths dynamic; Landon, Joel and Jared always seemed to gel as a group, and Beau too when he was around, although to a lesser degree, but Kevin just wasn’t around much. In the Connexions video it comes across quite strongly that he takes his role of head of the family very seriously. Maybe he really couldn’t handle being a small fish in a big pond and wants to be the big fish in the smaller pond so he made Ruby choose?

But if that’s the case - and I really don’t want to offend anybody with clumsy wordmanship - surely it goes against everything their church professes to stand for? Baptisms are a huge deal; I just can’t think of anything that would keep the wider family away, especially Ruby’s parents.

Something huge has happened. It’s almost as if they’ve been shunned by the rest of the family. For a while Bonnie in particular kept mentioning that there was something upsetting going on. I guess we’ll never know. But I feel so sorry for all of those kids, not just the Frankes 😔
When did Bonnie say that? Do you remember?
I remember Bonnie said they felt it was ok that Chat had to go to brat camp back when that happened.. but that's a long time ago now.

I feel more like it's Ruby and Kevin have shunned the the Griffiths... Probably because the family feel Ruby and Kevin are to strict with their own kids, and it's problematic... And maybe asked them to not be so vocal about it.. But as a leader in the University,and Ruby into the consultant stuff feel the rest if them are not religious enough..and shunned them all...