8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
right I’m not defending her actions cause I’d have handled it differently
But eve didn’t forget!
Ruby asked her when they were leaving “Eve did you pack your lunch?”
And eve said yes.

I’m not saying her actions are right or anything but she wasn’t punishing her child for forgetting her lunch. Eve told her she’d packed the lunch!!

THATS WHAT SHE DOES!

Her 5 year old isn’t using a knife and making sandwiches. She’s grabbing snacks from a cupboard and putting them in a bag!
a 5 year old is more than capable of doing that.
I’d have handled the lunch thing differently personally but she’s not expecting eve to chop up food. Just grab some fruit and snacks and pack them.

I agree that a 5 year old shouldn’t be told to go hungry but I don’t think it’s expecting too much to ask a 5 year old to put snacks in a bag
But the kid could have forgotten or made a mistake. She’s 5 years old. She shouldn’t be left to go hungry. Take the lunch and have a chat after school to help her understand what happened. I’d also question the parenting if she’s just grabbing some packaged crap instead of having a proper lunch. You’re deffo in the minority here thinking this is normal behaviour 😬

Reactions: 18
But the kid could have forgotten or made a mistake. She’s 5 years old. She shouldn’t be left to go hungry. Take the lunch and have a chat after school to help her understand what happened. I’d also question the parenting if she’s just grabbing some packaged crap instead of having a proper lunch. You’re deffo in the minority here thinking this is normal behaviour 😬
Well she didn’t forget cause her mother asked her before leaving if she had her lunch.

I’ve already said I wouldn’t not leave a 5 year old hungry. I would have given her a lunch personally. Taken one too her or paid for school dinners that day. (I probably would have taken it out of her money if she’d told me had it but didn’t but we’re all different) I don’t think a 5 year old or anyone should be left hungry.

everyone’s just making assumptions like “oh she’s just grabbing crap”. But you don’t know that her mother doesn’t make her sandwiches and then eve grabs the snacks she wants in the morning. There’s 6 kids they don’t all eat the same.I watch Jesssfam and her kids all take different things in their lunches.
I obviously wouldn’t expect my kid to make themselves sandwiches etc but I don’t really see the harm in her putting snacks in a bag.

it’s fine to have differing opinions but people are just assuming things. Watch the video and see what actually happened first.

For me, ruby has made some questionable decisions like not giving her kid a bed for 7 months (!!!) or talking about her daughters period on camera, but eve grabbing herself some snacks really isn’t one.

Just cause I’m in the minority doesn’t make either of us right or wrong. My kids are still going to have lovely happy childhoods and I’m still going to love and care for my kids. Im not having mini Cinderella’s running around here :ROFLMAO:

At 5 I'd still check her bag. And at 5 I wouldn't expect her to put fruit and snacks in a bag either.
not trying to be arsey (I am genuinely curious!) but why wouldn’t you want your 5 year old putting the snacks they want to eat for the day in their lunch bag?

The only reason I can think of why I wouldn’t (just my opinion!) is cause I wouldn’t want them to grab junk.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Well she didn’t forget cause her mother asked her before leaving if she had her lunch.

I’ve already said I wouldn’t not leave a 5 year old hungry. I would have given her a lunch personally. Taken one too her or paid for school dinners that day. (I probably would have taken it out of her money if she’d told me had it but didn’t but we’re all different) I don’t think a 5 year old or anyone should be left hungry.

everyone’s just making assumptions like “oh she’s just grabbing crap”. But you don’t know that her mother doesn’t make her sandwiches and then eve grabs the snacks she wants in the morning. There’s 6 kids they don’t all eat the same.I watch Jesssfam and her kids all take different things in their lunches.
I obviously wouldn’t expect my kid to make themselves sandwiches etc but I don’t really see the harm in her putting snacks in a bag.

it’s fine to have differing opinions but people are just assuming things. Watch the video and see what actually happened first.

For me, ruby has made some questionable decisions like not giving her kid a bed for 7 months (!!!) or talking about her daughters period on camera, but eve grabbing herself some snacks really isn’t one.

Just cause I’m in the minority doesn’t make either of us right or wrong. My kids are still going to have lovely happy childhoods and I’m still going to love and care for my kids. Im not having mini Cinderella’s running around here :ROFLMAO:

not trying to be arsey (I am genuinely curious!) but why wouldn’t you want your 5 year old putting the snacks they want to eat for the day in their lunch bag?

The only reason I can think of why I wouldn’t (just my opinion!) is cause I wouldn’t want them to grab junk.
The getting the junk food is one reason you wouldn't expect a 5 year old pack their own lunch.

Another reason is lunchtime in schools can actually cause kids quite a lot of anxiety, as they are worried they won't have enough time to eat everything so won't open any packagd snacks or they try to eat it too quickly cause don't want to be late to playtime & make themselves sock, they are afraid they may spill something like a yougart so won't eat it, if they find fruit etc hard to peel they may be wont ask a teacher to help them, as they may be to shy or nervous or afraid their friends will tease them for not being able to do a something. Quite alot of young kids especially in the first two years of school can feel like this around lunch in school, which is why if a parent packs a lunch, they know exactly what's in it & if some things aren't eaten you can have a conversation as to why that is & maybe come up with an alternative in their lunch. This way you know exactly what they are eating or not & help try to make school less daunting.

Another reason is you don't leave small kids to choose their own snacks, is kids that young find decision making difficult, so if they have to go to a cupboard with 6-7 different options, they will spend a hour at least trying to make up their mind and still won't have made a decision or they become a bit overwhelmed with the choice & this is likely what happened with Eve & can become upset cause they don't know what to pick & so won't make a decision. By packing a lunch of healthy foods & food you know they like it can help with this or give them 2 options of fruit & have them pick one same with cereal bars or sandwich fillings. This helps them with decision making, you know what's going on the lunch & that it won't be forgotten cause you are there while it's being packed.

Hope that explains some of the reasons as to why the majority of parents pack kids lunches.

Reactions: 6
I don't even expect my 10 year old to remember to pack his lunch or any of his school supplies. And if he says he has something, chances are he doesn't. Packing your kids lunch takes 10 minutes, if that.

Reactions: 5
I don't even expect my 10 year old to remember to pack his lunch or any of his school supplies. And if he says he has something, chances are he doesn't. Packing your kids lunch takes 10 minutes, if that.
It’s not just packing lunch though is it, in Ruby’s case once she moved to the new house she said it was the older girls responsibility to make sure eves hair is done, and to help with her laundry. I can’t understand how she’s just not parenting, and more interested in her own self, learning to be a life coach I think she needs to learn to do a bit more hands on parenting

It’s not just packing lunch though is it, in Ruby’s case once she moved to the new house she said it was the older girls responsibility to make sure eves hair is done, and to help with her laundry. I can’t understand how she’s just not parenting, and more interested in her own self, learning to be a life coach I think she needs to learn to do a bit more hands on parenting
I didnt even know she expected them to do Eve's hair. That's... unreasonable. I would never expect my older kids to look after my younger kids! They are my responsibility as a parent. That's ridiculous...

I didnt even know she expected them to do Eve's hair. That's... unreasonable. I would never expect my older kids to look after my younger kids! They are my responsibility as a parent. That's ridiculous...
Yeah she said In a vlog the reason she cut Eve’s hair shorter was so she could independently wash it herself so she didn’t have too. She had completely checked out of parenting in my opinion. Why have 6 kids if you do not want to look after them

Reactions: 11
I honestly just feel if Supernanny went into that house she'd have a fit at how Ruby raises her children

Reactions: 9
Haven’t watched many videos of Ruby but I’ve watched the exposing TikToks. She’s a horrible mother. Also so is her sister Bonnie. Can’t watch any of them.

Reactions: 2
Yeah she said In a vlog the reason she cut Eve’s hair shorter was so she could independently wash it herself so she didn’t have too. She had completely checked out of parenting in my opinion. Why have 6 kids if you do not want to look after them
From following lots of mormon mommy bloggers over the years I think entirely because it's what is expected of her in the Utah Mormon world. Get married to a returned missionary, keep yourself looking good, have lots of children etc. https://www.deseret.com/2015/5/12/2...ir-children-lincoln-julia-and-isaac-in-murray

(related and interesting: https://www.elle.com/life-love/a29438763/natalie-lovin-mommy-blog-influencer/)

Last edited:
I really want to know what happend why she doesn’t see her family anymore

I really want to know what happend why she doesn’t see her family anymore
Has something happened then? I did notice they weren't at some of the holidays / get togethers. But thought it was because the other family members have younger children and her's at mainly teenagers now and probably just want to hang out with friends.

Has something happened then? I did notice they weren't at some of the holidays / get togethers. But thought it was because the other family members have younger children and her's at mainly teenagers now and probably just want to hang out with friends.
There have been multiple family parties and she hasnt been to any of them. She didn’t even talked about her mums surgery. Something isnt right over there for sure

Reactions: 3
So glad I found this thread! I 've been watching 8 passengers latest videos, since I stopped watching when they were exposed. Also, as a result of watching those some of their oldest videos came up, and something caught my attention, the kids personality has changed so much , at the early vlogs they all seem to have these different and fun personalities, being just kids, and as you move forward over the years you can tell how they became more "generic" and, just boring to watch, Maybe that is something they show in camera but I dont know, I noticed specially since originally they all went to public school and then gradually everyone started going to private mormon school, and that is when they started acting a little bit different, more "obedient". And since obedience is one of the building blocks of that religion I can see why. It's just sad to watch the kids being their own personalities when they were little and now becoming these kind of robot "perfect" kids. I am probably wrong but that is what I noticed contrasting their oldest vlogs vs the new ones.

Also the oldest daughter announced that she is leaving youtube and one of the reasons is because of all the hate she is getting in the comments (those were her words), and since the LDS church has been exposed as a cult and so many people are leaving the church now more than ever before I can see how she would try to shelter herself from getting hate and just leaving youtube. But is kind of confusing because, in a previous video she said that she would be relaying on youtube income in order to support herself in college (since their parents have this rule of kicking their children out once they turn 18).

Another think I noticed regarding Chad:
In one latest video, when he turns 16 he is finally allowed to date and Ruby asks him about it and he basically said that he learned his lesson of not dating before 16 because he dated at 15 (how the hell just one year would make a difference? idk), so now he feels "mature" enough to date and not focus just in the physical part of it. So maybe that is why they sent him to that camp, because he was dating and he wasn't allowed? I wouldn't be surprised knowing how strict they are.

Reactions: 4
So glad I found this thread! I 've been watching 8 passengers latest videos, since I stopped watching when they were exposed. Also, as a result of watching those some of their oldest videos came up, and something caught my attention, the kids personality has changed so much , at the early vlogs they all seem to have these different and fun personalities, being just kids, and as you move forward over the years you can tell how they became more "generic" and, just boring to watch, Maybe that is something they show in camera but I dont know, I noticed specially since originally they all went to public school and then gradually everyone started going to private mormon school, and that is when they started acting a little bit different, more "obedient". And since obedience is one of the building blocks of that religion I can see why. It's just sad to watch the kids being their own personalities when they were little and now becoming these kind of robot "perfect" kids. I am probably wrong but that is what I noticed contrasting their oldest vlogs vs the new ones.

Also the oldest daughter announced that she is leaving youtube and one of the reasons is because of all the hate she is getting in the comments (those were her words), and since the LDS church has been exposed as a cult and so many people are leaving the church now more than ever before I can see how she would try to shelter herself from getting hate and just leaving youtube. But is kind of confusing because, in a previous video she said that she would be relaying on youtube income in order to support herself in college (since their parents have this rule of kicking their children out once they turn 18).

Another think I noticed regarding Chad:
In one latest video, when he turns 16 he is finally allowed to date and Ruby asks him about it and he basically said that he learned his lesson of not dating before 16 because he dated at 15 (how the hell just one year would make a difference? idk), so now he feels "mature" enough to date and not focus just in the physical part of it. So maybe that is why they sent him to that camp, because he was dating and he wasn't allowed? I wouldn't be surprised knowing how strict they are.
I think Shari's a smart girl and must have some YouTube money saved up. Chad was sent to the camp because he is Ruby's least favourite child and the one that gives her the most problems. With the amount of arbitrary rules she has, at least one is bound to be broken so that would not surprise me. She's a total control freak. I've seen a few older vlogs and I agree. I think as they got older she was terrified of losing her control over them and made vlogging a weird kind of blackmail and going through puberty having a camera in your face for so many to see is really awkward. The level of exploitation is unreal. I hope a few of them break away from the LDS and find their own happiness away far from Ruby's gaze once as they come of age.

I think Shari's a smart girl and must have some YouTube money saved up. Chad was sent to the camp because he is Ruby's least favourite child and the one that gives her the most problems. With the amount of arbitrary rules she has, at least one is bound to be broken so that would not surprise me. She's a total control freak. I've seen a few older vlogs and I agree. I think as they got older she was terrified of losing her control over them and made vlogging a weird kind of blackmail and going through puberty having a camera in your face for so many to see is really awkward. The level of exploitation is unreal. I hope a few of them break away from the LDS and find their own happiness away far from Ruby's gaze once as they come of age.
Wasnt Shari‘s money ‘stolen’? There was this weird story a while ago that all her money was gone.

Reactions: 1