8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their videos make me so uncomfortable.
Refusing to allow your 6 year old child to have any food as she forgot to make her own packed lunch is disgusting. If she behaves this way on camera and Infront of the teachers at her children's school I hate to think what she is like off camera.

Having your son sleep on a bean bag for 7 months for punishment? She is torturing these poor children and in my eyes it is abuse. Mentally this is going to damage those poor children.

Reactions: 6
Looks like she’s back to uploading vlogs as if nothing happened, although you still can’t comment on IG,

The thing I really do not understand is on Shari's instagram she says that we only see 20 minutes sort of on average each day, which is true, so why on earth would Ruby choose to put the strong disciplining of her children into those 20 minutes? Surely (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) you would want to put your best foot forward to 2.46 million subscribers? I understand trying to be 'real', but you'd take it off camera and then just mention it if you wanted to be real. Being real is not humiliating your children for monetary gain - nor all the other fucked up tit they've done, of course. Ugh I used to like this family, but to be honest I'm now just disgusted.

Looks like she’s back to uploading vlogs as if nothing happened, although you still can’t comment on IG,
I'm truly not surprised, they can't see anything wrong with their style of parenting, which is horrifying!

Reactions: 9
The thing I really do not understand is on Shari's instagram she says that we only see 20 minutes sort of on average each day, which is true, so why on earth would Ruby choose to put the strong disciplining of her children into those 20 minutes? Surely (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) you would want to put your best foot forward to 2.46 million subscribers? I understand trying to be 'real', but you'd take it off camera and then just mention it if you wanted to be real. Being real is not humiliating your children for monetary gain - nor all the other fucked up tit they've done, of course. Ugh I used to like this family, but to be honest I'm now just disgusted.
exactly, ruby used to say she wouldn’t discipline online to save the kids from embarrassment and I totally get that. They never said what chad did to get kicked out of the private school, being a Mormon school I’m guessing they probably suggested that wilderness camp, I didn’t know that was ran by Mormons too, no wonder they agree with their no bed rule..

Reactions: 3
exactly, ruby used to say she wouldn’t discipline online to save the kids from embarrassment and I totally get that. They never said what chad did to get kicked out of the private school, being a Mormon school I’m guessing they probably suggested that wilderness camp, I didn’t know that was ran by Mormons too, no wonder they agree with their no bed rule..
Yeah exactly! To be fair, if he was offered a place back at the private school I doubt it was that severe that they needed to send him to a flipping survival camp. I was watching a “tea” channel earlier and they were saying 8 passengers have been contacting the tiktok channels and you tubers who’ve been showing their abuse and getting them to take it down. Like if that doesn’t scream guilty!!

Reactions: 2
Their videos make me so uncomfortable.
Refusing to allow your 6 year old child to have any food as she forgot to make her own packed lunch is disgusting. If she behaves this way on camera and Infront of the teachers at her children's school I hate to think what she is like off camera.

Having your son sleep on a bean bag for 7 months for punishment? She is torturing these poor children and in my eyes it is abuse. Mentally this is going to damage those poor children.
Not justifying it but Eve didn't forget to make her lunch. Ruby asked her if she'd made the lunch and Eve said she had made it. Ruby was under the impresssion Eve had made her lunch as that is what Eve had told her. When she asked Eve later why, Eve said she didn't want to pack her lunch.

I wouldn't have handled it that way personally. I'd have told the school to give her hot lunch and then took it out of her allowance cause imo that is a real world consequence. If I forget to make my lunch for work or college I have to buy food or starve. Eve is old enough to know if you don't bring a lunch to school you're going to be hungry, and if she didn't know it she does now. Not to mention her 5 siblings had been packing their lunches that same morning. Even if she had forgotten, all her siblings doing it while she was in the kitchen would have reminded her.

I'm not saying I agree with Ruby's parenting but she didn't starve her child for the sake of it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Not justifying it but Eve didn't forget to make her lunch. Ruby asked her if she'd made the lunch and Eve said she had made it. Ruby was under the impresssion Eve had made her lunch as that is what Eve had told her. When she asked Eve later why, Eve said she didn't want to pack her lunch.

I wouldn't have handled it that way personally. I'd have told the school to give her hot lunch and then took it out of her allowance cause imo that is a real world consequence. If I forget to make my lunch for work or college I have to buy food or starve. Eve is old enough to know if you don't bring a lunch to school you're going to be hungry, and if she didn't know it she does now. Not to mention her 5 siblings had been packing their lunches that same morning. Even if she had forgotten, all her siblings doing it while she was in the kitchen would have reminded her.

I'm not saying I agree with Ruby's parenting but she didn't starve her child for the sake of it.
The child is 5, firstly who expects a 5 year old to make their own lunch. And honestly how nutritious is a lunch made by a 5 year old going to be in the first place. The way Ruby spoke about it, it clearly wasn't the first time Eve hadn't got a lunch. Maybe the child finds it difficult & so gives up. Ruby has too high expectations of what children should be able to do.
What is wrong with Ruby (it's not as though she is busy & rushing out to work) that she can't make her little girls lunch leave it in a lunchbox on the counter & then the child only has to pack it. Personally, I think that is an adequate expectation of a 5 year old, but not to make a lunch themselves.Better yet Ruby could make it with Eve, so that she can show Eve how to do it, help with things she may find difficult, make sure it's healthy & it's a way to bond with your child while teaching them some life skills.

Reactions: 16
The child is 5, firstly who expects a 5 year old to make their own lunch. And honestly how nutritious is a lunch made by a 5 year old going to be in the first place. The way Ruby spoke about it, it clearly wasn't the first time Eve hadn't got a lunch. Maybe the child finds it difficult & so gives up. Ruby has too high expectations of what children should be able to do.
What is wrong with Ruby (it's not as though she is busy & rushing out to work) that she can't make her little girls lunch leave it in a lunchbox on the counter & then the child only has to pack it. Personally, I think that is an adequate expectation of a 5 year old, but not to make a lunch themselves.Better yet Ruby could make it with Eve, so that she can show Eve how to do it, help with things she may find difficult, make sure it's healthy & it's a way to bond with your child while teaching them some life skills.
Eve's not expected to make sandwiches or anything like that. She's grabbing fruit and protein bars from a drawer and putting them in her lunchbox.
I really don't think putting things in a lunchbox is a difficult task for a child of 5. She can dress herself.
If she was expecting her to cook alone and cut things with a knife then yes absolutely. She's putting things into a bag. I'm sorry but my 2 year old niece knows how to put her toys back into her toy box. Eve can manage grabbing snacks from a drawer.

When is an appropriate age for a child to pack their own in lunch in your opinion? Cause they have to learn eventually.

• Angry
Eve's not expected to make sandwiches or anything like that. She's grabbing fruit and protein bars from a drawer and putting them in her lunchbox.
I really don't think putting things in a lunchbox is a difficult task for a child of 5. She can dress herself.
If she was expecting her to cook alone and cut things with a knife then yes absolutely. She's putting things into a bag. I'm sorry but my 2 year old niece knows how to put her toys back into her toy box. Eve can manage grabbing snacks from a drawer.

When is an appropriate age for a child to pack their own in lunch in your opinion? Cause they have to learn eventually.
I'm sorry but who doesn't put a sandwich or roll in child's lunchbox, it's fills them up & when I hear the phrase make a lunch, I think of sandwiches/bagels/rolls, maybe it's due to me being from Ireland and sandwich is a staple part of lunches. I feel this isn't appropriate for children of 5 to be able to do on their own.

Also you say grab some fruit is easy, kids at 5 start to lose their teeth and I know from my kids & from volunteering with youth groups, they find biting into apples/pears difficult, so they need them to be cut up. Kids at that age also have difficulty opening bananas, so what a lot of parents do is cut the top off, so all kids have to do is peel the sides off. Kids of this age also aren't great at being able to do portion sizes, so if you expect them to be able to get some berries & grapes and put them in a container they either overfill the container try to close the lid and end up squashing the fruit & there is mess all over the place & half the fruit is inedible or they barely put any in, which means they aren't getting enough food.

As for protein bars, I personally don't feel these are appropriate for children, I feel they are for adults & should not be given to kids. I know from my kids schools, if you sent then to school with one, they would be taken & you would get a phone call from the school saying not pack one in the childs lunch in future. But our schools all have healthy eating rules,so no junk food allowed in lunches.

I feel it's appropriate for a child of 5 to pack a lunchbox in their own bag, when the lunch has been prepared for them. I think kids should start making their own lunches at about 7/8 with a bit of help & by 9 make they can be responsible for their own lunches.

I have 2 kids and definitely don’t think a child of 5 should be responsible for making her own lunch. My kids are older and will still walk out without their lunch and pe kits if I don’t remind them before they leave the house. I know people may want to teach kids responsibility but come on they grow up quick enough. I’m a mother and I mother my children and if that means running after them. Making lunch and ensuring they have all they need for the day before they set off for school then I will do it.

Reactions: 11
I'm sorry but who doesn't put a sandwich or roll in child's lunchbox, it's fills them up & when I hear the phrase make a lunch, I think of sandwiches/bagels/rolls, maybe it's due to me being from Ireland and sandwich is a staple part of lunches. I feel this isn't appropriate for children of 5 to be able to do on their own.

Also you say grab some fruit is easy, kids at 5 start to lose their teeth and I know from my kids & from volunteering with youth groups, they find biting into apples/pears difficult, so they need them to be cut up. Kids at that age also have difficulty opening bananas, so what a lot of parents do is cut the top off, so all kids have to do is peel the sides off. Kids of this age also aren't great at being able to do portion sizes, so if you expect them to be able to get some berries & grapes and put them in a container they either overfill the container try to close the lid and end up squashing the fruit & there is mess all over the place & half the fruit is inedible or they barely put any in, which means they aren't getting enough food.

As for protein bars, I personally don't feel these are appropriate for children, I feel they are for adults & should not be given to kids. I know from my kids schools, if you sent then to school with one, they would be taken & you would get a phone call from the school saying not pack one in the childs lunch in future. But our schools all have healthy eating rules,so no junk food allowed in lunches.

I feel it's appropriate for a child of 5 to pack a lunchbox in their own bag, when the lunch has been prepared for them. I think kids should start making their own lunches at about 7/8 with a bit of help & by 9 make they can be responsible for their own lunches.

I'm not saying she doesn't have sandwiches. Eve just isn't making her own. I don't know what they take with them. All I know is that Eve is grabbing snacks from a drawer and putting them in her lunchbox. I'm just guessing it's likely a piece of fruit and a protein/granola bar something along those lines.
Go and watch the video and you'll see what the other kids take.

Secondly, there are teachers around to open bananas for them? If you cut up and apple it'll brown by lunch time. These are just excuses. If not being able to put berry's in a container do it for them and they can add it to their bag in the morning when they're grabbing their other stuff.

She's not preparing her own lunch! She's grabbing snacks from a cupboard and putting them in a bag!!

I have 2 kids and definitely don’t think a child of 5 should be responsible for making her own lunch. My kids are older and will still walk out without their lunch and pe kits if I don’t remind them before they leave the house. I know people may want to teach kids responsibility but come on they grow up quick enough. I’m a mother and I mother my children and if that means running after them. Making lunch and ensuring they have all they need for the day before they set off for school then I will do it.
She's not making her own lunch. She's grabbing snacks from a cupboard. A 5 year old knows how to grab snacks from a cupboard and pack them in a bag.

In my personal opinion, if my kid left the house without their lunch or pe kits I wouldn't be bringing it to them if it happened more than once. Situation depending. I want my kids to learn responsibility cause when they're adults theyre going to have to be responsible for themselves. I will obviously make allowances for certain circumstances like the first time or if they're going through somethine stressful. We all forget things and kids are humans.

I'm not running after my kids constantly when they should know cause with respect i'm not going to be there to run after them when they're 30! I want kids who when they choose leave home can cook, clean, wash their own clothes and be a responsible adult. I know too many people at uni who were away from home for the first time and couldn't even do basic things like a colour wash, boil a potato, or remember to bring their folder to class with them (yes literally!). I as a parent would feel like I failed my kids if I didn't teach them how to be responsible for themselves.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Expecting a 5 year old to put together their own lunch is ridiuculous. And then not bringing them one when they forget? That's just mean. She won't be able to concentrate in class if she's hungry.

Maybe I'm too soft but I'll probably always make my kid their dinner as long as they're in school. 🤷

Reactions: 13
My mum made my lunches right the way through school until I was 18 and went to uni😂😂😂 she was making her own so she said she may as well just make another sandwich too. It didn’t mean I went to uni unable to do anything. 5 is definitely too young. Maybe ask her to put it in her bag herself after it was made but as a mother you should still be making sure she has it before leaving. No way would you let your child go without food.

My mum made my lunches right the way through school until I was 18 and went to uni😂😂😂 she was making her own so she said she may as well just make another sandwich too. It didn’t mean I went to uni unable to do anything. 5 is definitely too young. Maybe ask her to put it in her bag herself after it was made but as a mother you should still be making sure she has it before leaving. No way would you let your child go without food.
I'll definitely be like your mum 😂
I have memories of my parents always asking me if I had the things I needed, even though it did eventually become my responsibility to remember. 5 definitely is too young. And I can't get over her saying that she hopes she goes hungry??? Even if it was my childs responsibility and they did forget I'd still make sure they have something, then have a talk aftewards about remembering next time.

Reactions: 6
I'll definitely be like your mum 😂
I have memories of my parents always asking me if I had the things I needed, even though it did eventually become my responsibility to remember. 5 definitely is too young. And I can't get over her saying that she hopes she goes hungry??? Even if it was my childs responsibility and they did forget I'd still make sure they have something, then have a talk aftewards about remembering next time.
She liked to feel useful whilst we were still young and living at home. Now she has no children to look after I bet she is glad she took the time every morning to prepare us a nice lunch.

Exactly - surely most parents, especially if they are stay at home, would drop their child’s lunch off at the school if they realised they didn’t have it

Reactions: 5
I am definitely too soft. My kids are 13 and 15. I work full time and school mornings are made up of me shouting have you packed your pe kit, do you have your lunch card etc as we head out the door. It does not mean my kids are not capable of doing things for themselves. They are alone after school for a time before I get home from work. Ruby expects too much from all her kids. To tell a concerned teacher not to feed your hungry 5 year old is shocking and in no way should we be defending it

Reactions: 9
I used to watch them a long time ago as my daughter asked if she could watch them. We watched the together for a while but I remember deciding that I didn’t want her watching them. I think it was when one of the girls was made to have the birds and bees talk on the vlog. It’s just exploitation. Poor kids! Forever on the internet! I remember saying that Ruby was extremely controlling. Their super strict rules are just going to cause rebellion, not sure how they don’t see that. Their brainwashing has worked with Sheri (sp?) and she’s basically mummy number 2. Might sound strange but I got cult vibes!!

I used to watch them a long time ago as my daughter asked if she could watch them. We watched the together for a while but I remember deciding that I didn’t want her watching them. I think it was when one of the girls was made to have the birds and bees talk on the vlog. It’s just exploitation. Poor kids! Forever on the internet! I remember saying that Ruby was extremely controlling. Their super strict rules are just going to cause rebellion, not sure how they don’t see that. Their brainwashing has worked with Sheri (sp?) and she’s basically mummy number 2. Might sound strange but I got cult vibes!!
Oh definitely cult vibes. I know they don’t show too much of their religion and I think it’s for that reason, I was a JW and that’s a cult but Mormons just seem even more further out there

Expecting a 5 year old to put together their own lunch is ridiuculous. And then not bringing them one when they forget? That's just mean. She won't be able to concentrate in class if she's hungry.

Maybe I'm too soft but I'll probably always make my kid their dinner as long as they're in school. 🤷
right I’m not defending her actions cause I’d have handled it differently
But eve didn’t forget!
Ruby asked her when they were leaving “Eve did you pack your lunch?”
And eve said yes.

I’m not saying her actions are right or anything but she wasn’t punishing her child for forgetting her lunch. Eve told her she’d packed the lunch!!

. 5 is definitely too young. Maybe ask her to put it in her bag herself after it was made but as a mother you should still be making sure she has it before leaving. No way would you let your child go without food.
THATS WHAT SHE DOES!

Her 5 year old isn’t using a knife and making sandwiches. She’s grabbing snacks from a cupboard and putting them in a bag!
a 5 year old is more than capable of doing that.
I’d have handled the lunch thing differently personally but she’s not expecting eve to chop up food. Just grab some fruit and snacks and pack them.

I am definitely too soft. My kids are 13 and 15. I work full time and school mornings are made up of me shouting have you packed your pe kit, do you have your lunch card etc as we head out the door. It does not mean my kids are not capable of doing things for themselves. They are alone after school for a time before I get home from work. Ruby expects too much from all her kids. To tell a concerned teacher not to feed your hungry 5 year old is shocking and in no way should we be defending it
I agree that a 5 year old shouldn’t be told to go hungry but I don’t think it’s expecting too much to ask a 5 year old to put snacks in a bag

• Angry
  • Sick
right I’m not defending her actions cause I’d have handled it differently
But eve didn’t forget!
Ruby asked her when they were leaving “Eve did you pack your lunch?”
And eve said yes.

Just grab some fruit and snacks and pack them.

I agree that a 5 year old shouldn’t be told to go hungry but I don’t think it’s expecting too much to ask a 5 year old to put snacks in a bag
At 5 I'd still check her bag. And at 5 I wouldn't expect her to put fruit and snacks in a bag either.

Reactions: 11