3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had takeaway from my favourite restaurant for dinner and it cost us nothing as we had a voucher

a friend who I’ve not heard from in ages got back in touch

I made a bloody banging pasta bake 🤣

Reactions: 4
1. I made a good decision buying decaf coffee the other day, now I get to enjoy two coffees a day instead of just my morning one. :love:
2. Went for a run at lunch & it did cheer me up
3. Got a virtual games night with my best childhood friend set up for tomorrow evening

Reactions: 2
1) I had to a job to do outside this morning and it was lovely to be out in the sun - and I ended up walking 6 miles while doing it which meant I got my exercise in for the day during work hours so I can relax now after work!

2) I have felt really productive today and got loads more done than initially planned.

3) My son has been in a really fun and playful mood since coming back from nursery! There’s been lots of smiles, laughs and cuddles all round.

I’m currently trying to avoid banging my head off the wall as a result of a stupidly whingy toddler and trying to think of happy things...

1) I ordered a lovely jumpsuit from Sainsbury’s and it arrived today and I love it!! It’ll feel good to wear something that’s not leggings and a T-shirt for the first time in a year.

2) I picked up a pretty new notebook at the shop today. It’s just for work but pretty notebooks always make working better.

3) I know I’ve got an amazing pizza in the freezer for my tea tonight after my son goes to bed and before my husband gets back from work! The thought of it is going to get me through the next 2 hours hopefully.

I can't think of many for today 🥴 but I will try

1) had a nice sleep after a few interrupted nights with the baby

2) weather was nice

3) made an absolutely banging tea 😊

Reactions: 3
Only one thing put a smile on my face, getting my coffee paid for by a random stranger!!

• Heart
Never thought I'd see the day but finished my dissertation so had to celebrate with a dominos ofc :love: :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Winning £57 on the national lottery ! One day the big one will be mine 😂. It’s bought my tickets for the next couple months tho

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This is for yesterday...

1) Went for a walk with some friends and their children, it was so nice seeing my son run round playing with his friend and it meant that for the two hours they played in the park, me and my husband got to talk to our friends having real, actual grown up conversations that weren’t about Peppa Pig, dinosaurs or monster trucks!

2) Ordered an amazing tea from Fat Hippo - felt like a hippo afterwards but it was worth it.

3) Spent the afternoon in the garden with the in-laws and it felt so normal after all this time of madness and separation.

For yesterday.

How many turned up at the London protests

Making my own water feature

discovering a new way to plant pond plants

• Heart
1. My husband brought me a cup of tea as a wake up call

2. Our cat ate food after being poorly for a few days

3. Had a zoom call with my daughter in a different country

1. Managed to cycle an 1h15 each way to a nice park, when a month ago I was too worried about traffic. So nice to see the blossoms by all the roads & not worrying about who's breathing near me on public transport

2. My friend brought her dog - was so lovely walking her & seeing so many people smile when they see her (I've never had a pet, so proper novelty for me)

3. Getting an ice lolly from the corner shop, just reminded me of my childhood! So good after the cycle back

1) I cooked a pizza to perfection for my tea tonight.

2) A meeting I had for work this morning went really well.

3) I’ve had lots of lush cuddles with my little one today.

Reactions: 1
1) Spent 5 hours at the beach with my parents & in-laws today. Was so lovely seeing my son play with them all - and the fish n chips and ice cream topped it off nicely.

2) I’ve made a start on reorganising my kitchen. It’s driven me mad for ages and today I got the ball rolling.

3) I put my pjs on at 4pm and have had the comfiest evening in a long time!

Reactions: 1
This thread is so good for when you're feeling a bit miserable, helps you kick the bad mood having to think about things which are positive 🥰

1. I slept really well last night.
2. I tried a banana hair mask from the body shop this morning and my hair feels lovely.
3. My Mum sends me a text every single morning without fail to say "have a good day, love you".

• Heart
The cleaner came and my house is shining

The Basil plant I bought a few weeks ago is growing like the clappers

Listened to my favorite podcast

1) my son had a two hour nap this morning (a bloody miracle!) and I was able to watch something on the tv that wasn’t bleeping cocomelon
2) my husband is on his way home from offshore
3) we’re having macaroni cheese for tea tonight which I cannot wait for!

1. Opened a new bag of coffee and shoved my face in for a good sniff. Love the smell.
2. Husband said we could have a takeaway from my favourite restaurant this weekend abs he’s paying!
3. Our head cat doing this...

Edit: not sure the video works :(
Edit again - put it on youtube

Last edited:
  • Heart
1. FaceTimed with my friend’s 4 year old who I haven’t seen in 18 months.

2. Received a surprise gift delivery from my husband. A t shirt and decent sunglasses.

3. My steaming hot Taiwanese beef noodle soup.

1) I finally felt better after being ill for a few days

2) ordered myself some new make up

3) boyfriend brought home a subway for me

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.