3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had a really rubbish, stressful day so dropping in here to see if I can end it thinking of some positives.

1) I’ve come to bed sooner than my husband for the first time in a while and I’m enjoying the peace.

2) I’ve ordered some craft supplies to try and get myself doing something just for me again several days a week.

3) My husband did bath and bedtime with the little one tonight for the first time in almost a week and the half hour quiet on my own was so overdue and much needed! (He’s been injured this week so hasn’t been able to move or help out at all).

Reactions: 2
1. I wore some new flowery trousers that I would never have worn before
2. My new oven will now come on Tuesday and not Thursday
3. I got a new puzzle

Reactions: 5
1. Meeting Mum in town and going for an indoors cup of tea.

2. Handing in my dissertation, my last piece of work for my Level 6 (I'm 37, I feel this is an achievement!).

3. Achieving some packing goals for our move in a fortnight.

Reactions: 4
1: The neighbours cat waltzing into our shed and making himself at home as the heavens opened

2: Professional hair cut at last after two distasterous attempts to cut my own hair during lockdown. Feels bloody amazing!

3: New windows finally measured and ordered

1) went out of a nice brunch

2) cat sitting the cutest cat who’s snuggled up sleeping on my lap right now (snoring)

3) proud of myself for getting an interview for something I’ve wanted for a long time

Reactions: 6
Managed to get through a huge pile of ironing without noticing as I was watching ‘The Pact’

plants that I’ve repotted last week are growing beautifully

Husband came home with surprise bunch of flowers

• Heart
Another disastrous day today so trying to find some silver linings,

1) The woman that served me in Boots opticians today was really, really lovely and made me smile.

2) I’ve been wanting a Subway for weeks and finally had one today.

3) We’re getting a takeaway later tonight!

Reactions: 3
1. My mums purchase of her new flat completed today
2. Finally booked my covid jab
3. It's my friends wedding tomorrow and we have had a fun day of prep (picking up her dress, nails etc)

Brushed the cat, he cracks me up, like he’s being truly pampered

made lovely hummus

did Pilates this morning and felt better for it, even though it was an effort to start

Hearing my horrible bullying ex boss has finally been given the push

Will be my first time eating out for lunch later today since last marchast year

The enjoyment of watching someone squirm when they realised got the wrong end of the stick 😏

It’s only part way through the day but I have my 3 already...

1) I slept for almost 10 hours last night!

2) I’ve worked from my bed today sitting watching all the tv I missed last week during a really manic week where I didn’t stop for a second.

3) I stole of my son’s haribo for an afternoon pick me up while working.

Got my washing in before it rained

planned dinner nice and early

Found time to read my book this afternoon

listened and sang along to my Spotify playlist
got the motivation to (slowly) write, I haven’t written any fiction since last summer
got a 5* review on my Depop from a reviewer who I thought was going to be mightily pissed off

1) My little one slept till 7.40am!! Much better than the 5.30am we had last Thursday.

2) My husband offered to get said little one ready this morning so I could start work an hour earlier.

3) I’ve not felt well all day but having the house to myself for the afternoon for the first time in a fortnight meant I got a few hours on the settee and a nap!

1) the sun being out for the first time in weeks

2) hanging some laundry out (sad I know)

3) an email from a customer at work, made me chuckle a bit.

Reactions: 4
1. We drove past McDonalds and my 1yo pointed excitedly and screamed chippies (worst mum ever alert, oh the shame 🤣 he clearly has a good memory and we don’t eat there every week I promise but it made me smile).

2. I returned to work on a project I used to work on and a colleague was genuinely so happy to have me back.

3. The friends reunion!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.