3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Karl Lagerfeld’s appearance in this old video (jump to 4:10)

25A63453-7FE3-4A83-A711-23DBFE00D6B7.jpeg

3. Madonna was playing in the grocery store and I counted five people singing along under their breath 😂 ❤

Also the wheelchair with the green LEDs on its tires deserves an honorable mention!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My son faced a real challenge today and he smashed it.

Family dinner out; it’s been a minute so nice

coming home to a very excited dog

• Heart
Reactions: 8
2) I always enjoy my morning coffee at Caffe Nero, on days I don't work
2) Reading a fascinating book about the game Poker, which I've never actually played. On the face of it, it's such a simple game - but can be much more complex and interesting than it might.
3) Coming on Tattle! My go-to forums before this were Digital Spy and Cookdandbombd. I get far more laughs and learn more of interest on here than on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Managed to cook and feed a difficult SiL without having a breakdown

BiL praised the dinner after she made a dig about the gravy

🖐😁 The inner joy I felt waving her off as they/she drove away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
1. I made an artichoke & spinach chicken pot pie and it was good 😋

2. I’ve grown interested in loving kindness meditation. I struggled to find good guided meditations and then remember Jack Kornfield’s podcast Heart Wisdom. He is trained in Vipassana which focuses on insight. It made my heart very happy to hear his voice again.

3. I like reading Harvard professor Arthur C. Brooks’ column about happiness on The Atlantic’s website. I got to listen to a radio interview about his thoughts on contempt over dinner. It was serendipity 😊https://freakonomics.com/podcast/arthur-brooks/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
1. Ate three solid meals, none of which were cooked today. No dirty dishes to wash. ❤
2. Found and made a delicious hot chocolate recipe that was easy peasy
3. Saw the trailer for the new Home Alone 🎥 🍿

• Heart
1. I went found a pop up art gallery as I was running errands and it was absolutely magnificent.

2. I had bought a small bottle of raspberry crush and poured it into a nice glass (it was meant for my birthday yesterday, but I didn't drink it). As I was bending over from my couch towards the coffee table to grab the glass for a sip, I spilled the drink all over the table and for whatever reason, I slid from the couch and landed fell on my face on the floor. No clue what happened there, but it made me laugh. Half the drink is gone down the drain, but I had a good laugh. I guess this is literally a way to make me look at the glass half full.

3. I don't know, but I think the above makes up for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
1. My sister chose her wedding dress
2. The lady at the dress shop said I was lovely
3. I got lots of compliments in my outfit today

Reactions: 7
1. My 5 yo keeps refering to maggots as magnets and keeps announcing to everyone that she hates magnets.
2. Baked a cake, turned out delicious.
3. Helped my 13 year old prepare for a physics exam and he said I helped him understand a lot he didn't get in school.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
1. A scene in 90210 (for some reason, I've decided to re-watched the reboot)

2. A bank I hold an overseas account with (nothing illegal, it's an account from the time I was living there) decided to re-issue new card types to all of their customers without even confirming if their address is still correct. As a result, they sent the card to my former address (moved out a year ago) and I had to ring the bank to block the card as I don't know who lives there anymore (it was an apartment share, but I think the two flat mates I used to live with have also moved out). Fast forward, today on LinkedIn, I received a message from the new tenant who has been trying to find me to tell me he got the letter / card. Now, it's a bit of a concerning endeavor if someone has a very common name because anyone could say it is theirs, but I have a very unique name, so no error there. I profusely thanked him for reaching out and asked him to drop it at the concierge for me to pick it up. He's French too which is an interesting coincidence. Anyways, I thought it was very kind of him to go through the hassle of trying to find me online. Definitely very thoughtful as the letter contains a bank card.

3. House of Dorchester chocolates (not as good as Godiva or Corne or Pierre Marcolini, but very very delicious)

Today was a difficult one because I’m so hormonal. Just saw this however and it’s worth at least three smiles combined in my world 🤪

Reactions: 2
Waving my 2 dogs off on a sleep over (they’re hard work). Doing 2 loads of washing and having a clean kitchen

I rearranged furniture and it changed the whole feel of my home

The delivery man was so sweet and helpful. He offered to carry a package to my front door because it was heavy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
1. No spending
2. Organized furniture throughout the home. One step closer to achieving zen harmony
3. Chocolate advent delivery

• Heart
Had a take away for dinner
Watched TV curled up on the sofa with a blanket
Did 2 loads of laundry and dried them outdoors

• Heart
Realising that I'd walked down the Main St. Wearing my puffer jacket inside out.
Spotting my hubby hugging my cat ( he claims to not like cats😆)
Gorging on a Smarties Mcflurry 😋

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.