3 things that made you smile today #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dad treated me to an early dinner and we had a nice catch up.
My hair straightener came, it works! And it seems easy to use.
I've asked for a few days off at the end of the month and I hope it'll be approved 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 8
1. My internet is working properly again after an outage in my area yesterday.

2. Slow cooker chilli for dinner.

3. Sitting under my heated throw while watching TV and listening to the rain.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been struggling with something at work and i’ve finally managed to do it today, it’s a small obstacle i’m glad i got over! gave me a bit of confidence

there’s a charity shop by our house but it always has really good stuff there. my 2yo loves it and always gets dead excited to go in!

i’ve managed to have a shower, do my hair and have the house all sorted by 8pm. usually it’s well later so i can just relax now

• Heart
1. My Lush bath bombs arrived and I can’t wait to use one on Christmas Eve.

2. I managed to put a shelving unit together and unpack a couple more boxes.

3. Going to use a hair mask tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 7
1. Finished decluttering and tidying my daughter's bedroom. It was a right tit tip, so I'm glad it's done.

2. Got offered a job interview for a job I applied for in early Sept. I was gutted when I didn't hear anything back but better late than never.

3. Had a Blue Riband for the first time in like 20 years and forgot how bloody nice they are!

• Heart
some reassuring words from a friend

i said to my bf over text that i felt like some crisps but didn’t know which ones, so he came in from work with 3 different types of share bag crisps for me to pick from 😅

just getting out of work lol couldn’t wait to get out the place today

• Heart
I bought some flatpack shelves the other day which weren't very good ... there were rough sides on each of one of the shelves and the holes didn't line up properly. I'm handy on the tools so could've worked with the hole alignment issue (drilling new holes and filling in the other ones), but the rough side issue wasn't workable so I returned them this morning, intending to exchange. They didn't have any of these particular ones left ... so the salesperson gave me the next size up for the same price. They also took the time to open the box and check everything was as it should be. Huge win - these new ones are fabulous! They also have a glossy finish which I really like (the other ones were matte).

I managed to buy toner for my printer via a buy one, get one free deal - saving a small fortune. The printer didn't cost a lot but the toner is super expensive.

I bought some folding outdoor recliner chairs from a local buy-swap-exchange site that were described as 'stuck' and very dirty. I paid $3 for them, brought them home and gave them a good clean-up with some cleaning products, my water blaster and a lot of elbow grease, and the screws a burst of WD40, and they look like new. I texted a photo to the person I bought them from and suggested that I just give them back to her as they're as good as new; she said she appreciated the gesture but was pleased they went to someone who will really appreciate them ... then she asked me to pop back round as she had some cool cushions to go with them, which she forgot she had. She wanted to gift them to me but I gave her $30 for them ... they're really nice swab-style waterproof cushions that she had made for the chairs. They're a teeny bit grubby, but will come up beautifully with a good clean.

Definitely winning today ⭐

• Heart
Reactions: 5
-I told mum I have the flu and she made me chicken soup 😭💗 So thankful we're close by.
-Managed to come home and take a shower.
-I have all my meds, I have my tea and blankets. I can rest and recover until Monday.

• Heart
-I told mum I have the flu and she made me chicken soup 😭💗 So thankful we're close by.
-Managed to come home and take a shower.
-I have all my meds, I have my tea and blankets. I can rest and recover until Monday.
I hope you feel much better soon and I wish you a fast recovery from the flu.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
1. I did a yin yoga class for back pain and felt so relaxed afterwards.

2. I had hot dogs for lunch.

3. I unpacked three more boxes.

• Heart
  1. A friend dropped off a dozen fresh eggs from her hens, and a huge bag of lemons from her tree - so wonderful!
  2. I co-own a couple of coffee carts and we somehow overpaid what was owing in tax (strange, as our accountant does all this stuff), and are due for a $10k refund! Huge woohoo as we've been considering buying another one for some time now, and that will pay at least half of it.
  3. The forecast was for heavy rain today - and it started out that way - but now it's hot and sunny, and everything is looking so fresh and green.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My friend makes Jewellry as a hobby, I bought Christmas earrings and a pendant

ordered take out from the local restaurant as our chicken hadn’t defrosted - was kinda happy it hadn’t 😊

Bought some plants a few months back and a few looked at deaths door- but noticed they are sprouting new leaves

• Heart
1. Booked an aesthetics appointment in Harley Street on Sunday.

2. I received the date for my sister’s hen 🐔 weekend

3. My sister and I are going bridal dress 👗 and wedding shoes 👠 shopping next weekend

• Heart
1. I saw my mum and dad and had a coffee and a catch up.

2. I spoke to my brother and had a good chat.

3. I had some sweets this evening while watching a film.

• Heart
1. I discovered a new dog breed called a Keeshond that looks like a cross between a Pomeranian and a German Shepherd. Super cute.
2. Had a long laze/nap in bed with my cat cuddled up to me this afternoon.
3. Reading a really good book. (Armadillo by William Boyd if you're interested.)

• Heart
1. My daughter slept out at Grandmas - hopefully good night sleep for me tonight.
2. I did NOTHING this evening, despite having washing to hang etc..
3. We had a lovely walk to the park this morning and stretched our legs

• Heart
Had a really great sleep and a lie in.

Felt quite unwell today so had a pj day while my husband kept my son entertained, it was rubbish being poorly but I feel quite rested now thankfully.

Watching random videos of my son from a few years ago - he was so cute and funny.

• Heart
yesterday

Bought a Christmas tree and some decorating bits

Tried blackberry gin

had a catch up on the phone with my mother

• Heart
1. Dragged myself to the gym and crushed the tread, leg press and stair master.

2. Gave my house a huge deep clean.

3. My gorgeous Norwegian forest cat woke me up for cuddles.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.