Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Struggled to add anything to this thread last few days but today feels better

Got a lovely bottle of bubbly and box of chocolates from my neighbour

House is clean and tidy for Christmas

My youngest daughter is currently in the air, on her way home after 5 months

• Heart
Reactions: 14

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My son was in a proper bad mood all morning but after his nap he woke up dead cheerful and was in a proper cute and funny mood. Made me smile knowing he was feeling better !

had a bit of a pamper and did a hair mask now my hair feels soooo soft

my sons handle on his cup broke so he went and got his toy drill and started trying to drill the handle back on. Made me laugh 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

jamjamjamjam

1. I booked flights to San Francisco to see my best friend from uni. I haven't seen her for 3 years because of the pandemic.

2. A stranger complimented my coat (it's purple and fluffy lol)

3. My acne and scarring has finally cleared up. I've struggled on and off with my skin for 10 years and it came back last year. I looked in the mirror this morning and didn't feel like I had to put on foundation or concealer for the first time in ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Don't usually post in this thread but OMG my cat!!

He's been out all day (he usually has a strict routine and comes in for lunch and an afternoon nap). No sign of him since 7am so my Mum has been catastrophising since 4pm worried about him being hurt or dead somewhere. My anxiety has been high.

Anyway little arse has just sauntered in and is now happily tucking into his tea and cat milk. He's not allowed out again tonight!

So my three smiles are for 1) the sight of him coming back, 2) seeing him eating his food and 3) for the practically orgasmic feeling of sheer relief that he is now tucked up safe and sound 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I used to make sure I wrote on this thread every night to help me feel positive but I’ve had such a shitty time lately I’ve not been posting but I need some positivity.

1) I’m currently going through my second miscarriage in 3 months. Last time we had a scan but weren’t given a picture and it really upset me I had nothing to remember our baby by, but this time I had a scan and got a picture. So I got it framed and set it up somewhere I can always see it and it made me smile 🤍

2) I was having a nap and my boyfriend woke me up with some old style school cake and honestly it was so yummy.

3) a group chat I’m in full of my best friends, just making me smile and going out of there way to be nice and make me laugh whilst I’m having a rough time 🤍

• Heart

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I’ve recovered from a migraine which came on yesterday evening

I made a roast gammon dinner. It wasn’t too bad despite me not having cooked a roast for years

I looked in the mirror and look like I’ve lost weight.

• Heart

gossipboy21.

I was able to have a lazy day. A long sleep in bed without an alarm to wake me up.

Caught up with a friend and had a great laugh and text chat while my cat slept snuggled next to me.

Treated myself to my favourite dinner and enjoyed it while watching mindless tv. Grateful for a “me” day as I haven’t had one in such a long time. 😃

• Heart

Millie2023

My mum is feeling better, a week after her first chemo, this means that I feel ok to go on holiday tomorrow (only a UK break, so I’m around if she needs me)

Umm, I’m going on holiday tomorrow 🤣

I have the kindest friends 😍

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Had lunch out with my daughter and mother

watched the Harvey Weinstein movie and felt so happy this piece of shit is in prison

used my Christmas body scrub, then got into clean sheets which felt so good

• Heart

Tove_drew

Chatty Member
✨A staff member at Lush did a random act of kindness and included a gift box of items in my small purchase. it’s where staff who sees someone having a hard day can gift to them. Can’t wait to do a random act of kindness now tomorrow to pay it forward

✨My partner made me a protein frappe at home, he knows I like frappes but that I need to eat more protein so he got all the ingredients to be able to do it.

✨Had my first bath in months, with candles and beer

• Heart
Reactions: 11

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I finally feel a bit better after being bed bound with a nasty bout of flu the last few days

My toddler keeps picking random objects up and going ‘I love it!’ He picked the toilet roll up before and went ‘toilet roll! I love it!’

Getting close to Christmas 😊

• Heart
  • Haha

malibu skies

VIP Member
Spending time with family I don’t see very often

Pizza and wine for lunch

My makeup looked good today

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
When I picked my little boy up from nursery, two nursery teachers told me how lovely and gentle natured he is

made too much of our dinner so gave my MIL some, she text me saying it was the nicest meal she’s had in ages!

theres an air show on at the weekend and the three arrows flew past and I watched them fly over. We’re taking my little boy on the weekend so excited to see how he reacts, he loves airplanes

• Heart

Susspicious

VIP Member
1. I got an expensive gel manicure the other week for a wedding I was going to that weekend. When I called my dad to say goodbye for a few days before travelling for the wedding, I mentioned it, and he asked me what colour, style, etc. I got. This isn’t something he’d usually ask. My mum died two months ago, and I think he guessed that a manicure is something I used to show/tell my mum about (it was - actually, we usually just waited til we were both free and went to the salon together). I still smile every time I think about my dad showing an interest (not that he doesn’t show interest in other things) and being so considerate (not that he isn’t usually). ❤
2. At said wedding, I met my boyfriend’s mum, dad, brother (groom), sister, niece, nephews, and a bunch of his extended family for the first time. They were all lovely. His brother texted him after we came back home saying I’m “perfect” for him. 💖 Again, makes me smile whenever I think about it.
3. I had my first ever Pumpkin Spice Latte today. It was free, and quite nice.

Sorry if this is a little self-indulgent. I don’t have many friends to talk to about this kind of thing. And I really wish I could tell my mum about the second thing. 💔 I’m also struggling with depression, but thought I’d push myself to show some positivity for once. 😊

Edit: Just noticed I apparently can’t count to 3. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
✨ Can feel my anxiety slowly getting better since a bad anxiety attack last night

🍽 Cooked a new recipe which my OH loved

📺 Waiting for the new series of ‘Death in Paradise’ to start at 9pm

• Heart

HereForTheTtt

1. My Look Fantastic and Selfridges deliveries arrived

2. I cooked some delicious butternut squash, creme fraiche and chilli 🌶 soup.

3. Hit an additonal milestone with my weight loss

• Heart

Tove_drew

Chatty Member
1. I got caught in the rain and a random man gave me a free umbrella. He really made not just my day but week to be honest.

2. Met up with an old friend for the first time in years and it was like no time had passed us.

3. Got a lovely compliment on my skin today. As someone who had acne as a teenager and an adult it was surprising to hear but I’ve been putting a lot of work into it so to hear someone say “you have glass skin now” really put me on cloud 9

• Heart

Black.bird

VIP Member
(I'll preface this by saying I've had Covid for a few weeks and today is the first day I woke up feeling semi-normal and as if I wasn't about to die just from walking from the bedroom to the kitchen)
  1. I've tested negative for Covid three days in a row
  2. My senses of smell and taste have returned - hallelujah! (First cup of coffee in weeks, and boy did I enjoy it)
  3. I managed to put several loads of washing on and have even managed to make a start on folding it

• Heart