24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the news may of run over with the resignations today??? That’s my guess as it seems other programmes were a bit late xx

Reactions: 1
You can watch it on Catch Up if you want to watch it tonight - it was on there last night straight after part 1

Reactions: 1
The sad thing about this case was, this precious little boy was let down by so many people, most of whom were close to him, excuses made for his mums behaviour. Whilst I appreciate she had her own issues, the child's welfare wasn't prioritised. So many children live in homes like this poor boy and the only time the family bother is once something goes wrong. A 6 Yr old left to get his own breakfast and get himself to and from school so mum can go back to bed. This may sound harsh, but the only people I have any sympathy for are the children, they don't choose to be born into such neglectful families. Sadly crying won't change the fact he was neglected and let down

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just a shame they could only impose a sentence fitting with his age at the time of the murder. Excellent police work in the end. Poor Rikki. Truly horrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Poor Rikki never stood a chance in life due to that poor excuse of a mother. She disgusts me as much as the murderer. Rikki would probably have had a dog's life, continually being neglected, beaten, and then inevitably ending up in gangs and into crime. So sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Poor Rikki never stood a chance in life due to that poor excuse of a mother. She disgusts me as much as the murderer. Rikki would probably have had a dog's life, continually being neglected, beaten, and then inevitably ending up in gangs and into crime. So sad.
This. It absolutely broke my heart seeing how neglected and mistreated he was. The woman was an absolute monster and doesn’t seem to have ever acknowledged how cruel and negligent she was.Who on earth lets a six year old roam the streets all day? As you say - he didn’t stand a chance. Utterly heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
At the end when someone said 'I wonder what he would have done when he grew up', sadly because of his environment it would have probably led to a difficult life. Mum an abusive, disinterested drug addict and a father in and out of prison. I did feel sad for his sisters, but couldn't bring myself to feel anything for his mum. She only seemed concerned with how Rikkis death affected her, never mentioned his siblings and how they were affected. A very selfish woman. I wonder if the neighbour who used to send the drugs via Rikki, also faced charges, strangely that woman looked similar to his mum, but her justification was if she hadn't put the drugs up his sleeve the mum would have 'battered him'. Lots of neighbours clearly turned a blind eye to what went on, but once he died decided to take the moral high ground and turn on her.

Reactions: 10
I couldn’t remember if they said but I assume the sisters don’t talk to their mum as they used her first name when talking about her?

• Heart
Reactions: 5