Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rags2Riches

VIP Member
When he started crying saying “I beg your fucking pardon” and pathetically clinging to his girlfriend when he got arrested after what he’s done.

• Angry
Reactions: 13

Silverback

VIP Member
I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks this, but if his response to the burglars was to try and run them off the road (and maybe kill them) then does he have a measured response to other things in life?! If he and his wife argue for example, how does he respond to that?!

• Heart

Showmethemoonie

Chatty Member
I did say to my partner that his solicitor seemed to let him say way too much and a ‘no comment’ interview would have meant the police had to prove his intent. Telling them he was angry etc doesn’t help him. No expert but have learnt from watching this show no comment is usually the best policy over honesty
This! If there’s one thing I’ve learned from watching the show, it’s that even if you’re innocent, do not comment and use a pre prepared statement.

• Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
I thought he seemed quite "normal" when he had the first interview and thought that maybe they had the wrong bloke but the coat was quite telling but was still unsure it was him as at one point he quite charming. Then the excuses started and then it was no, that's him. We never know who is walking amongst us. Never seen so many online articles about one episode of 24 hours, even in our local paper which is miles and miles away.

I think it just runs a lot deeper than anyone realises. As a couple of the community leaders (and maybe the diversity lead?) pointed out, people of colour carry both the current and inter-generational trauma that racism causes. So they are more likely to react and defend themselves as a consequence and probably faster than someone else who doesn’t carry that trauma. And then they are perceived to be ‘angry black people’ and so they need to be even more on their guard to defend themselves the next time and so the cycle continues.

There is a current enquiry into the death in custody of Sheku Bayoh, police were called to him having a mental health episode and then he was so horrifyingly man handled (literally) by the police that he subsequently died. I think he was a tall guy, he was in the throes of a psychotic episode or something similar, the police report had said he may have been armed with a weapon, so yeah, a level of restraint was going to be needed for his own protection probably than anyone else. But, I’m also aware of plenty of white guys who have been in the throes of mental health crises who have had to be restrained and have fought against the restraint and have been armed and are still very much alive to tell the tale and unharmed by it. The years of investigation into his death uncovered that one of the attending PCs was so outwardly racist that his own family have spoken up to the enquiry about what a racist POS he was. Some people seem to see how people of colour behave as somehow being more dangerous, more erratic, more negative than we do a white person exhibiting and doing the very same things and it’s really not ok.

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
The ending felt really abrupt though. A quick google shows the guy is being sentenced next week. Which they should have added at end as I had to rewind thought I’d missed it!
I do find it very odd that there’s no real motive for the attack? Did he get the wrong house? Or was the dad involved in some sort crime/ connection to the brothels?

instashun

VIP Member
This! If there’s one thing I’ve learned from watching the show, it’s that even if you’re innocent, do not comment and use a pre prepared statement.
Used to infuriate me the no comment thing but then I found out that the reason they do it is because it’s not your job to prove you are innocent it’s the police job to prove you are guilty and by speaking you are actually helping them. Mad really isn’t it

I think one of the criminals lawyers explained it and why that’s what they do

Hope96

VIP Member
Very pleased it led to an conviction but the mental scars will stay with the two men forever. 😪

lauren96111

VIP Member
I did a placement In police custody some years ago and it was standard practice even if someone came in showing signs of intoxication to alert the nurse. Not sure if this was just good practice in the custody suite I was in or if it’s suppose to be countrywide. The way that lad was acting should of been signs for him to be medically checked out. Even if they thought he was drunk!

1g11

Personally, I don’t judge her/them at all for deciding to have a termination in that situation… I wouldn’t be talking about it on national television though… that’s a situation to share with close friends and family (if you choose to).
I can see why people are upset about her talking about the abortion. However cost and environment should always be a factor considered when having a baby.
It’s not an easy decision but if they can’t afford to look after another child if he gets sent to prison / given a criminal record that’s their choice.

I do also think it is relevant to mention it in this case. If they had to provide a victim impact statement about the burglary it may have been mentioned in court too.

Also saw on the show that the little shit burglars partner (whose birthday he didn’t know).. was having a baby.

I seem to have missed that episode the first time round, so just watched it based on your proclamation. The syopsis made it sound boring but what a great episode!
A highlight was of course the surgeon's freudian slip when he said "That doesn't make me innocent" in the interview. :LOL: Also what a nob he was when he was being charged, getting annoyed at having been "addressed incorrectly", when he'd previously referred to the leading officer as "Dave" and addressed the female officers in his second interview as "Girls..."
claim to tangent fame - my brother in law received a number of calls from the antiques guy when he worked for a bank, just before he was arrested and actually flagged them up to his manager because he was just so obviously dodgy. He then had the case taken off him to the team that deals with criminal enquiries and was like 'I GUESSED HE WAS A CROOK!'

• Haha

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
Tonight’s To Catch a Copper - this silly cow trying to justify threatening reporting the woman on the bus to social services and then pepper spraying her next to her baby is giving me the rage.
Another episode of To Catch a Cooper with zero consequences....
With the bus woman, yes she being verbal but this situation would have been easily solved by the police stepping off the bus and saying 'you've got 10 mins to pack up and exit the bus'. The bus would have been held up for 10 mins but at least a child wouldn't have seen 6 police grab and pepper spray her mother. Surely a £2.50 bus fare isn't worth all the trauma to the child plus the years of distrust that incident would have caused in the community.