Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I thought he seemed quite "normal" when he had the first interview and thought that maybe they had the wrong bloke but the coat was quite telling but was still unsure it was him as at one point he quite charming. Then the excuses started and then it was no, that's him. We never know who is walking amongst us. Never seen so many online articles about one episode of 24 hours, even in our local paper which is miles and miles away.
Me too! Watching his first interview I sat there thinking maybe they've got it wrong. He came across like the police had got the wrong man. Then when they found the video I was shocked. I couldn't believe I'd been stupid enough to believe his "I'm innocent" act. Thank god they did catch him though. It scares me that men like this live amongst us.

Reactions: 15

Future

Chatty Member
The poor Dad with COPD and her having a cig in the next room. Felt sorry for that poor man having to deal with her. He seemed decent.

viewtube

VIP Member
Is it possible he also used the drug alcohol angle to imply he is an addict in the hope he would receive different treatment, ie him being in custody would be difficult as he would be detoxing. Understand they have plans in place for this and it isn't a mitigating factor for bail, but it seems this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box. His drink of choice, brandy, seems to be an interesting one for a 33 year, higher alcohol content I guess. Either way 10 brandies a day is a lot, I imagine the young girl was probably quite self sufficient if dad was never sober.

Like a previous poster I also noticed Anthony's solicitors reaction to the footage. It was so confronting it would be almost impossible not to react, unless of course you are a psychopath.
I agree, I think he was very aware of what he was doing when he disclosed his alcohol and drug use. His 'justification ' for his behaviour maybe trying to imply he wasn't fully in control of his actions. I feel sad for his daughter,poor child lost her mum to murder and her dad is a murderer. The cynic in me also wonders how much of the doting father act was in hopes that 'the system' would go easy on him because he was her only living parent. He saw himself as a victim and showed no remorse for his actions,so I do question the authenticity of the doting parent act.

LouBug19

VIP Member
Watching it atm. That male officer who had sex with a drunk vulnerable women and blamed her. I have no words, he was an older man who 1. Should know better and 2. No way he couldn't push her off or call for help. Can't believe his wife just believed him after asking once. Lee cocking couldnt keep his bloody cock in. The women officer with the girl with MH was awful to watch, grabbing her hair and treating her like shit.

• Angry
I honestly don’t have much sympathy for the lady on the bus. She used her child as a shield and despite asking her numerous times to get off she refused.
I’m actually on the side of the police on this one.

The stop and search was out of order.

But the guy with the aneurysm was a truly difficult watch. They clearly thought he was just drunk and hind sight is a wonderful thing. But I wish they just had the nurse come and check him out. He could’ve died and all that would’ve been avoided by just letting the nurse give him a once over.
I do however disagree with his mum that this was a racial issue. This was police not having empathy for a “drunk” person

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
It is disturbing that he seemed to think that he could do what he liked to these men. The fact that they were gay and on Grinder - seemed to make it justifiable in his warped mind.
His suggestion that he should return to his birth country and marry a woman, was his answer to being told that forcing men to have sex is illegal.
I felt sick watching this episode.

simonsays1111

Some of it is tactics. I’m really into true crime and often detectives/officers will be friendly and pally with suspects to gain their confidence.
I thought this at first but to then voice her opinion away from the actual suspect and basically say she has sympathy just didn’t sit right with me

did anyone else find it odd the second Anthony was taken into custody he was complimenting the lady’s nails🫣 I get that he was trying to come off as “friendly” but when you’re in for murder it’s just very strange

viewtube

VIP Member
I never suggested they should be treated like animals - I'm not sure where in my post that was implied? I agree they should still be treated as humans, hence me mentioning that they're innocent until proven guilty. I also agree they aren't there to judge, hence me saying they should remain impartial - I don't feel she was entirely impartial.

I just found it odd how she seemed to have taken a bit of a shine to him, the way she spoke about him was odd in my opinion.
I think the families of the victims watching back may find it difficult to hear the custody Sargent. Yes she's there to safegaurd them whilst in custody but also remain impartial,as the previous poster wrote 'innocent until proven guilty'. Maybe not voicing her opinion on camera would have displayed impartiality and also considered the victims loved ones who may watch the episode.

Thelmachops

VIP Member
I had to pause it when they found him at his aunt's and she made out he wasn't there and was shocked he was, I was laughing at her reaction too much..

Was not keen on his mum..

• Haha

LouBug19

VIP Member
watched both eps and wow I am shocked. Nick has zero sympathy, looks like a psychopath and I feel for his poor daughter who is now probably in care because he ran over somebody and has zero remorse. Anthony is an idiot for writing a letter to his grandparents basically admitting his guilt, there was no way out of that. Can't feel sorry for him because stabbing one person is bad enough but to stab 3 people is absolutely shocking. Self defence was the worst excuse and i think he had the knife in the first place. Then his stupid fucking mate brings in a knife in a shoe!! Was he planning on ending his own life, taking into the prison? Decent sentences though and can't believe nick had the cheek to ask for bail!

unidentified

VIP Member
Even if they do go to hospital / police right away it’s still treated as a he said she said allegation. The system is barbaric and in favour of the perpetrator. It needs an overhaul.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m a forensic examiners and even with dna it is still treated he said/she said. It’s the only crime the victim has to fight so hard to prove

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Warpaint

VIP Member
I feel we weren't told all the facts about this case. Also those nail bars are notorious for human trafficking.

1g11

Wouldn't surprise me if he had done it too many times in his old place and was at risk of getting caught so moved away where he could "start again" it also shows how you don't know who people are he was so aggressive in those videos but when he was in the interview he acted more "normal" I bet people who know him had no idea , that's how scary it is
He mentioned he had a kid as well. 🤢 him running after her was terrifying

• Sad

Floosh

Poor Rikki never stood a chance in life due to that poor excuse of a mother. She disgusts me as much as the murderer. Rikki would probably have had a dog's life, continually being neglected, beaten, and then inevitably ending up in gangs and into crime. So sad.

• Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
Did anyone else find the custody officer a bit strange? She seemed overly sympathetic towards Nick. I get that it's "innocent until proven guilty" however she should remain impartial. She clearly had taken a bit of a shine to him which is so strange.
When she was talking to him I said "what" to myself, she should have kept those comments to herself in the first place especially knowing it was being recorded and what she said was inappropriate.

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
Nick was trying to portray himself as a caring parent,but openly admitted to drinking 10 brandys a day smoking cannabis and taking class A drugs at the weekend. He clearly wasn't to bright because after being charged with 2 murders and one attempted murder,he really thought he had a chance of being bailed to return to his daughter.
Is it possible he also used the drug alcohol angle to imply he is an addict in the hope he would receive different treatment, ie him being in custody would be difficult as he would be detoxing. Understand they have plans in place for this and it isn't a mitigating factor for bail, but it seems this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box. His drink of choice, brandy, seems to be an interesting one for a 33 year, higher alcohol content I guess. Either way 10 brandies a day is a lot, I imagine the young girl was probably quite self sufficient if dad was never sober.

Like a previous poster I also noticed Anthony's solicitors reaction to the footage. It was so confronting it would be almost impossible not to react, unless of course you are a psychopath.

• Heart

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
No idea what it was aired - if they’re wanting to restore the public’s trust and perception they may as well have put a fucking rocket under it and sent to space

• Heart

instashun

VIP Member
The two little scumbags are trying to sue him for their injuries but whilst still injured was off out in another uninsured car with equipment suggesting they were off to attempt another burglary where they got caught

Both plead guilty and the fact that they were clearly off out to do it again before that case even reached court shows that they shouldn’t be on the streets

• Angry

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
The murderer of Libby Squire had been stalking victims and undertaking voyerism in the build up to her murder. It’s a gateway crime. What a vile man.
It’s scary how stalking isn’t taken seriously at all. Nor animal abuse, this often is the pathway to violence and often murder