24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a weird one, especially as the Uni girl was arrested in Coventry. She is part of a murder then hops back home. I'm not sure what the guys were doing there unless he was a known drug dealer and it was a stash house or something.

Reactions: 4
I found the whole story very confusing. Why didn’t those girls just drug him on their own and steal his watches themselves. Why the need to involve the 2 lads? None of it makes any sense.
They said at the end they drugged him and the one guy started to take the watch off when he woke up and started to fight back the guy that stabbed him said he didn’t know if he
Was being punched or stabbed so stabbed him in the leg and that’s why he pleaded guilty to man slaughter. I guess the women got two big guys to do the dirty work for them incase he did fight back he would of been able to easily over power them.looking online the two girls had
Done this together multiple times

Reactions: 7
The younger girl was not some innocent uni student before this she was just in the background of it all and never been noticed by Police.

Reactions: 10
They said at the end they drugged him and the one guy started to take the watch off when he woke up and started to fight back the guy that stabbed him said he didn’t know if he
Was being punched or stabbed so stabbed him in the leg and that’s why he pleaded guilty to man slaughter. I guess the women got two big guys to do the dirty work for them incase he did fight back he would of been able to easily over power them.looking online the two girls had
Done this together multiple times
That makes sense but they’d robbed blokes before and the other two lads weren’t involved were they? And the police kept saying they were two separate groups. I wonder how they all became connected? Just all very odd.

Reactions: 5
Targeted for his Rolex watches and at the end it was mentioned they were fakes!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Targeted for his Rolex watches and at the end it was mentioned they were fakes!
Like my husband said if they were real he would have just traded them in at the jewellers for cash. And what intelligent criminal goes around wearing a £1300 coat! Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Reactions: 11
That makes sense but they’d robbed blokes before and the other two lads weren’t involved were they? And the police kept saying they were two separate groups. I wonder how they all became connected? Just all very odd.
I think that during the lift to the flat, the women were blabbing about what they were set to do and the men thought ‘I want in on that’. They could’ve agreed on sharing the proceeds in exchange for the lift/drugs so the men stuck around, then were summoned when things started to not go to plan

Reactions: 3
I think they all knew of each other apart from Saul he was just a poor random victim picked off Instagram. They said that cleon was dhillions weed dealer and he came to her house with the other guy one day so I can imagine it came up in conversation

Like my husband said if they were real he would have just traded them in at the jewellers for cash. And what intelligent criminal goes around wearing a £1300 coat! Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!
DP said the same about the coat.
Bet he thought he was all that swanning around in it and it’s what got him caught

• Haha
I’m wondering what they now do with that brand new moncler coat? 😂
I assumed it was probably just borrowed, so it got sent back to Moncler, dry-cleaned and sold as-new, and it's current owner is none the wiser. :LOL:

I found the end of it very confusing and unsatisfying: I am still none the wiser as to why/how the young uni student got mixed up in it, what her motivations were and why the older woman appeared to rely on her when she also had those bully-boys to hand?

I know real life will never get wrapped up neatly with every loose end explained by the murderer like it does on an episode of Vera, but it was just bafflingly all over the place. I wish one of the four had talked even a little bit.

I do think the murderers' sentence was reasonably appropriate though: 25 years minimum with no possibility of parole (and given all his other offences, parole is probably not going to be easy to win)

Reactions: 1
I assumed it was probably just borrowed, so it got sent back to Moncler, dry-cleaned and sold as-new, and it's current owner is none the wiser. :LOL:

I found the end of it very confusing and unsatisfying: I am still none the wiser as to why/how the young uni student got mixed up in it, what her motivations were and why the older woman appeared to rely on her when she also had those bully-boys to hand?

I know real life will never get wrapped up neatly with every loose end explained by the murderer like it does on an episode of Vera, but it was just bafflingly all over the place. I wish one of the four had talked even a little bit.

I do think the murderers' sentence was reasonably appropriate though: 25 years minimum with no possibility of parole (and given all his other offences, parole is probably not going to be easy to win)
The younger one worked for her when she was 16 so they had known each other from there and there was that voice note she sent complaining about not getting as much money as she thought so she probably did get involved in a lot of other stuff Surpreet did just never had dealings with the Police until then

I do feel like it was a bit unanswered though, did they all plead guilty or just the lad with the coat?

I am looking forward to a true crime podcast being launched about this case
I would expect whichever podcast does it, will explain some more of the missing pieces
I listened to the podcast of the fraudulent surgeon, the one who got captured with the fireplace 🤣
There was bits filled in than wasn’t said on the programme about his home life/ affairs/ his personality

I saw this on twitter not sure on the original source of it though. One thing I will say is that I did think there was no need to show the footage of him falling at the door so many times how horrific and then the police officer talking about it when they weren't there for that reason. I'm not saying she can't talk about it but we didn't need to hear it

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I saw this on twitter not sure on the original source of it though. One thing I will say is that I did think there was no need to show the footage of him falling at the door so many times how horrific and then the police officer talking about it when they weren't there for that reason. I'm not saying she can't talk about it but we didn't need to hear it
Wow I hope that’s not true
I can’t imagine it being SO public but I wonder if they were worried about the repercussions given his recent release from prison and the fact he had done similar himself that people wouldn’t feel the same way

Reactions: 2
there was a other episode and the family said they didn’t want it aired either. It may have been Rikki Neeve episode. I remember watching a tiktok and a family member was asking people not to watxg

• Wow
I am looking forward to a true crime podcast being launched about this case
I would expect whichever podcast does it, will explain some more of the missing pieces
I listened to the podcast of the fraudulent surgeon, the one who got captured with the fireplace 🤣
There was bits filled in than wasn’t said on the programme about his home life/ affairs/ his personality
I remember this one well ! What podcast covered the story ?

What episodes are your faves? I don’t think anything will top the corrupt blackmailing police officer for me
Four off the top of my head:
- The Morning After (first series - one of the suspects reminds me of Ricky Gervais)

- The Detective and the Surgeon (change of tone from the norm - was fun to see the surgeon’s many lies collapse)

- Family Secrets (child abuse one - fantastic detective)

- Relatively recent Baby Teddie episodes (extremely thought-provoking)

Reactions: 4
Totally forgot about that black mailing Police officer one , I agree that's got to be the best one, like a real life drama. Was it the sex worker who lived in a caravan that he was blackmailing is that right?