24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wrote the same on another thread but she should have been given a proper sentence. She knew he was abusive and was hurting her older children and instead of removing them/him from the situation she chose to cover up for him when the worst happened. Her complete lack of reaction when they showed her the baby’s injuries was chilling.

As for him, I hope he has a tough time in prison. He was absolutely vile

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did anyone watch 999: What's your emergency? the other night

Was a good episode I thought. Had a mix of everything. I'm guessing it was filmed pre-pandemic with the way people were just casually close to each other.

Reactions: 3

Was a good episode I thought. Had a mix of everything. I'm guessing it was filmed pre-pandemic with the way people were just casually close to each other.
I have just watched it on catch up - yes I guessed it was filmed a while ago.

Reactions: 2

I was bored of it and turned it off.

Watching the 24 hours in police custody about the murder of Rikki Neaves. 20 mins in no one has been in custody. It is an interesting programme but why put it as past of this series?

Reactions: 1
Watching the 24 hours in police custody about the murder of Rikki Neaves. 20 mins in no one has been in custody. It is an interesting programme but why put it as past of this series?
I think most of the 24hr programmes were filmed in Peterborough/Cambridge area so maybe they wanted to include this in the series.

I just wrote this on another thread but this episode felt very similar to a documentary about the case that was on recently, I think it was also a channel 4 one. I’m guessing maybe tomorrows one will be the newer/custody stuff?

I know what you mean though, I said to my partner while we were watching that it doesn’t feel like an episode of 24 hours.

I just wrote this on another thread but this episode felt very similar to a documentary about the case that was on recently, I think it was also a channel 4 one. I’m guessing maybe tomorrows one will be the newer/custody stuff?

I know what you mean though, I said to my partner while we were watching that it doesn’t feel like an episode of 24 hours.
I think his siblings are involved in tomorrows episode, his sister is very active on TikTok talking about it so hopefully more in depth from their POV
82B596CE-D4F7-4C43-A2B5-BF6D6F02CBCA.jpeg

Reactions: 1

I have watched the 2nd part on all 4 and it carries on the story of Rikki.

I remember the other doccumentary. I suppose tonight's episode will be the arrest of the bloke and maybe more like a 24 hrs episode

I can't believe the original investigators thought Ruth murdered her son because she was into true crime and black magic. It's one thing to read about it but quite another to kill your own child. 🤦‍♀️

I do agree with the conviction for child cruelty though and quite rightly. The way poor Rikki was treated in his short life was horrific at times.

Reactions: 6
I can't believe the original investigators thought Ruth murdered her son because she was into true crime and black magic. It's one thing to read about it but quite another to kill your own child. 🤦‍♀️

I do agree with the conviction for child cruelty though and quite rightly. The way poor Rikki was treated in his short life was horrific at times.
I think it was a combination of how she treated her children and her interest in the occult and murders. I'm not excusing the police but a child is more likely to be killed by a family member, especially mum or dad, that by a stranger

Reactions: 6
The bare bed in his room … and When the policeman asked what was the flooring in Rikkis bedroom and She said ‘clothes’ 😮 and the little girl locked in her bedroom at 11am.
A despicable excuse for a mother even if she wasn’t a murderer.

Reactions: 17
I've not watched the documentaries yet but from what I've read can see why they suspected the mother

Reactions: 4
Just watched the second part !
It’s so sad how those children were being treated and nobody was helping them.
Rikki didn’t turn up at school but no alarm was raised I know things were different then but it’s so sad !
His mother is as guilty as the person that killed him in my opinion !!
Who are these people who seem to think it’s acceptable to treat small children worse than animals and then act surprised and upset when something happens to them !
Poor little boy let down by everybody 😢
Well done to the police for re-opening the case and not giving up !

Reactions: 9
I often worry about what would happen if there was a crime and someone looked up my search history and the random stuff I look up or the true crime podcasts and programmes I watch.

The mother's treatment of her children and not seeming to think it was wrong to leave a 3 year old outside in his pajamas in December and locking her daughter in her room. Unforgivable. Not a murderer but social services should have stepped in long beforehand.

I often worry about what would happen if there was a crime and someone looked up my search history and the random stuff I look up or the true crime podcasts and programmes I watch.

The mother's treatment of her children and not seeming to think it was wrong to leave a 3 year old outside in his pajamas in December and locking her daughter in her room. Unforgivable. Not a murderer but social services should have stepped in long beforehand.
Yeah, but she also physical hurt the children and that can easily escalate to murder