Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
My concern is one of the lesser-known names on The List will pop their clogs and we'll not notice!
I'll notice. I have my google alerts set up. I will try not to update the thread with news of the tragic deaths of Slovakian hockey players, German golfers, unheard of American filmstars, lesser spotted z list reality stars and Lithuanian pop singers so you don't have to spend all day typing NUL POINTS.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Amoo

VIP Member
I'm waiting for any of the 88 year-olds on the list to go, so we can swap 'nil points' for the coveted 'DOUZE POINTS!'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I think his sad demise will be announced after Eurovision. Every news broadcast is full of happy people in Liverpool, all excited about the final tomorrow. Announcing the death of a renowned child sex abuser would bring the mood down somewhat.

Sunday morning headlines will be all about Ukraine winning again, then by teatime, we'll be told old Didgeridoo is now Didgeridon't.

THREAD TITLE IF HE CARKS IT

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Tryger88

VIP Member
He had a stroke back in 2012, he's going nowhere at this point, he's a rebel 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

LByrne74

VIP Member
This is what I do every morning as you never know you just may know someone. I’ve done it for years I’m only 34 😂😂
I do the same. Take after my mother. Used to be the newspaper back in the day but now I look on RIP.ie. Have found out about quite a few local people from my old hometown and been shocked at some of them, especially the younger ones. Was a strange experience seeing my own mother's death notice on it though, back in October. I helped word it but still. Made it real. Couldn't look at it for ages.

Back to the thread - yep I reckon you're all right about Rolf Harris. It'll be a late announcement.
---
I've set up an email alert thingy for the (small) town I grew up in. I only did that after my mother died as she was my death reporter. When I get an email I'm like 'oooh!'
My late uncle Vincent used to be the one to tell us about any local deaths which hadn't yet appeared in the paper. So much so my father nicknamed him "The Angel of Death" and it stuck. We'd see him opening our gate and coming up our footpath and think "Who's dead now?" 😂

• Haha

pixieroo

Chatty Member
I'm usually a lurker (and reader of everyone's hilarity!)..

But just seen the DM have a story about Rolf Harris at the top of their website.... I think news about his dirt nap is coming soon.. fingers crossed!

• Haha

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I have a good feeling about today. Bank holiday, crap weather, just after the stress of the coronation.....great day for a death

• Haha
  • Heart

InkHeart

Chatty Member
This is Tim Curry now. I had no idea he was in such rough shape.
Also. Not on anyone’s list?!?
Poor man. No one else seemed to notice, but on the Rocky Horror revival they did a few years ago, he played the narrator, and they had dubbed his voice. It wasn't acknowledged by anyone in production, but I'm 100% sure that isn't him. So probably the stroke seriously messed with his voice and he doesn't want it known.

• Sad

LByrne74

VIP Member
I think I might put the assassin Cliff Richard on my 2024 list. He's 82 in October and looking decidedly more frail. Was never the same after the police raided his house re the allegations.
---
The next thread title should be celebrity death pool #6 ha ha ha ha staying alive😊
Love it. Since we're all so shite at this all thread titles from now on should be variations on that.

"I Will Survive (just to spite you)"

"I'm a Celebrity and I'm Not Going Anywhere!"

"Fame - I'm Gonna Live Forever!"

• Haha
  • Heart

TruthTeller1036

VIP Member
One good thing about being a parent is you’re up at the crack of dawn to see any new deaths.. but of course there aren’t any🙄

• Haha