2021 Weddings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone has any doubts about having a micro wedding or unsure whether to go ahead with small numbers , then I would highly recommend it

I got married in October and had to go from 100 guests down to 8. Growing up , I thought I wanted the big wedding with all the big displays and big crowds because that’s what’s the norm and what everyone normally does . Because of covid , I went ahead with just 8 and it was the best thing I ever did . Covid for me was a blessing . I had both immediate families and the bridesmaid and best man . I loved the intimacy and smallness of it , we were all able to sit around one table and we all just chatted . Definitely took away the stress of family drama and certain family members acting up

Reactions: 7
Aw I’m hoping you get to atleast do something for your hens n stag do hopefully can meet up with a few friends & do something... I’m meant to have a hen in Marbella in May not sure that will be going ahead x

Fingers crossed for you 💕🤞🏼

If anyone has any doubts about having a micro wedding or unsure whether to go ahead with small numbers , then I would highly recommend it

I got married in October and had to go from 100 guests down to 8. Growing up , I thought I wanted the big wedding with all the big displays and big crowds because that’s what’s the norm and what everyone normally does . Because of covid , I went ahead with just 8 and it was the best thing I ever did . Covid for me was a blessing . I had both immediate families and the bridesmaid and best man . I loved the intimacy and smallness of it , we were all able to sit around one table and we all just chatted . Definitely took away the stress of family drama and certain family members acting up
That sounds lovely 💕 I definitely like the idea of a smaller wedding. My mental health has been very bad the last few months so I think the simpler the better for me would be great but we will see. Congratulations 😊

My friend moved hers from July to May this year. She’s also moved her hen do, which I’m going on, to end of March. We received an email from the company yesterday saying payment is due in Feb (I stupidly paid for my place in full last year), however I can’t see how things are going to be back to ‘normal’ by then. There’s 20 of us going and staying in a house in Bournemouth, plus most of the women have had babies/furloughed/on less money etc.

The maid of honour messaged to say she’s working with the company to extend the payment date, however if it was me I think I’d bite the bullet, cancel the hen do and get refunds for everyone. We could always do something more local that weekend if we’re allowed to. I think me and my other friends going all think the same, but we don’t want to be the first ones to suggest it 🙈

Reactions: 2
My friend moved hers from July to May this year. She’s also moved her hen do, which I’m going on, to end of March. We received an email from the company yesterday saying payment is due in Feb (I stupidly paid for my place in full last year), however I can’t see how things are going to be back to ‘normal’ by then. There’s 20 of us going and staying in a house in Bournemouth, plus most of the women have had babies/furloughed/on less money etc.

The maid of honour messaged to say she’s working with the company to extend the payment date, however if it was me I think I’d bite the bullet, cancel the hen do and get refunds for everyone. We could always do something more local that weekend if we’re allowed to. I think me and my other friends going all think the same, but we don’t want to be the first ones to suggest it 🙈
My hen is at the end of March too and to be honest, even if we’re out of lockdown I think it’ll revert back to the rule of 6 and probably won’t go ahead anyway.

Reactions: 1

I think the bride to be is going to be very disappointed as a lot of people will not want to go now and that’s even if it goes ahead. It will just take one brave person to say it and then everyone will follow. I know this is harsh but they are probably being a bit deluded to think it will go ahead. My sister was planning mine and we’ve just said now we will go out for drinks or whatever if we can. There are only 12 of us but obviously still too many if restrictions are in place. I was supposed to be going to Liverpool for a hen next month and obvs that has been cancelled.

I think the bride to be is going to be very disappointed as a lot of people will not want to go now and that’s even if it goes ahead. It will just take one brave person to say it and then everyone will follow. I know this is harsh but they are probably being a bit deluded to think it will go ahead. My sister was planning mine and we’ve just said now we will go out for drinks or whatever if we can. There are only 12 of us but obviously still too many if restrictions are in place. I was supposed to be going to Liverpool for a hen next month and obvs that has been cancelled.
Exactly, I would much rather be realistic and make the decision that it’s not going to happen, rather than kid myself that things may be fine by March (which it won’t) and save myself the upset

What are we thinking for numbers in June. Do you think weddings will go ahead in UK but with restricted numbers again?

What are we thinking for numbers in June. Do you think weddings will go ahead in UK but with restricted numbers again?
I really don’t know. I’m thinking restricted numbers. Maybe 30? I think that will be the worse case scenario.

I still have a bit of hope in me that things are really going to turn around with how well the vaccinations are going and cases are dropping. I keep having to have hope because I need to lose some weight for my wedding dress so I need to try and keep myself motivated.

Are you getting married in June?

I really don’t know. I’m thinking restricted numbers. Maybe 30? I think that will be the worse case scenario.

I still have a bit of hope in me that things are really going to turn around with how well the vaccinations are going and cases are dropping. I keep having to have hope because I need to lose some weight for my wedding dress so I need to try and keep myself motivated.

Are you getting married in June?
Yeah we are supposed to be getting married in June. I don't mind having a smaller wedding at all I've come round to the idea but likewise I need to stop eating my way through isolation and start some exercise for my dress. When are you supposed to be getting married x

Yeah we are supposed to be getting married in June. I don't mind having a smaller wedding at all I've come round to the idea but likewise I need to stop eating my way through isolation and start some exercise for my dress. When are you supposed to be getting married x
Ah well if you are happy to have a smaller wedding then I think it will be lovely! I think we will be in a much better place than now. We are supposed to be 19th June. We are happy to have a smaller number of guests but we are waiting to see how much cheaper it will be.

If you are looking for exercise I am doing the Chloe Ting 28 day challenge on YouTube which is quite good 😃

Ah well if you are happy to have a smaller wedding then I think it will be lovely! I think we will be in a much better place than now. We are supposed to be 19th June. We are happy to have a smaller number of guests but we are waiting to see how much cheaper it will be.

If you are looking for exercise I am doing the Chloe Ting 28 day challenge on YouTube which is quite good 😃

We are 19th June as well!! Haha what are the chances. Fingers crossed for you!
It's just numbers now I feel like I can't plan anything until we know a bit more.
Okay I am going to have a look & start tomorrow.

We have a few weddings to go to this year but really not sure what’s going to happen regarding number? Staying positive but then can’t see huge weddings going ahead? Who knows anymore tho!!! Our wedding was cancelled for April this year x

We are 19th June as well!! Haha what are the chances. Fingers crossed for you!
It's just numbers now I feel like I can't plan anything until we know a bit more.
Okay I am going to have a look & start tomorrow.
Haha I can’t believe that 🙈😂

We have a few weddings to go to this year but really not sure what’s going to happen regarding number? Staying positive but then can’t see huge weddings going ahead? Who knows anymore tho!!! Our wedding was cancelled for April this year x
Both of my friends who were getting married this year have now moved theirs to next year. I don’t think they will be big numbers this year no 😞 maybe July/August will be the best months.

Have you moved yours or cancelled completely?

Everytime some of us in the industry try to predict we get it wrong. They went from 30 people to 15 on no evidence at all. The govt dont have a clue about weddings, however the weddings taskforce are trying to help.

I think they may hold out for ages them BOOM up to 50 or something.

But it is not just about numbers it is about social distancing. So they may say as many as you like but must be socially distanced (like a restaurant) which would be easier but still means we can't have crowded dancefloors.

Reactions: 3
Everytime some of us in the industry try to predict we get it wrong. They went from 30 people to 15 on no evidence at all. The govt dont have a clue about weddings, however the weddings taskforce are trying to help.

I think they may hold out for ages them BOOM up to 50 or something.

But it is not just about numbers it is about social distancing. So they may say as many as you like but must be socially distanced (like a restaurant) which would be easier but still means we can't have crowded dancefloors.
Tbf I went ahead with a wedding of 8 guests which was stil fantastic and even though there was 8 of us , the MIL still wanted to go ahead and hug everyone at the end of the night (imagine if I had the 100 there as planned) so I can see why they have kept the numbers low

Tbf I went ahead with a wedding of 8 guests which was stil fantastic and even though there was 8 of us , the MIL still wanted to go ahead and hug everyone at the end of the night (imagine if I had the 100 there as planned) so I can see why they have kept the numbers low
Me too. I just wish they put in proper financial support for us!

I don't think weddings will be cleared until next year.

30's year olds aren't going to get the vaccine until September. Granted by this time most of the population will have had it the vacine.

Just waiting until next year and do it how you want too as opposed to how the government demand. X

I don't think weddings will be cleared until next year.

30's year olds aren't going to get the vaccine until September. Granted by this time most of the population will have had it the vacine.

Just waiting until next year and do it how you want too as opposed to how the government demand. X
This is a £14 billion industry paying taxes into the UK. We can't just postpone to next year.

We are a huge contributor to the economy and need to be allowed to open up steadily and safely.

Some couples also want to get on with their married lives so want to get hitched this year.

Reactions: 7
This is a £14 billion industry paying taxes into the UK. We can't just postpone to next year.

We are a huge contributor to the economy and need to be allowed to open up steadily and safely.

Some couples also want to get on with their married lives so want to get hitched this year.
This!

My wedding is planned for September in a different European country and their approach to weddings last year was completely different to the UK!

I am hopeful, given that it was going to be less than 30 people anyway, that it will go ahead. I travelled to visit my venue at the same time last year and travelling felt pretty normal, it’s hard to imagine it at the moment but things were definitely easier in the summer. Got my fingers crossed for everyone 🤞🏻

Absolutely agree, I’m actually really hoping for a smaller wedding as it will be less pressure and I also hate the idea of all the attention on me. Our venue also wants to charge us an extra £2.5k on top of what we are already paying if we postpone to 2022. My ideal scenario would be to get married as planned in June with a smaller guest list, or push to September at the latest and delay honeymoon by a year when hopefully travel corridors will be back open. We also want to buy a house this year, and all I’m thinking is saving a bit on the wedding would help us get there quicker. It’s all the uncertainty though, and whether anything will be back open by the summer, let alone how many people will be allowed at a wedding 😭

Reactions: 3