2021 Weddings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dancing is only advised against aka not banned. But Dancefloors are banned.

I was at a wedding on 22nd May, we danced all night just outside.

Yes you have to be seated for drinking but we didn't find that a problem, we sat down slurped, got back up again.

Reactions: 4
I’m just waiting to hear back from the venue and we will just work around the restrictions. They don’t sound as bad as I first thought last night.

• Heart
Yea I know as that’s what we had but you can still get creative and there’s plenty of activities and games you can do

Our venue did say dancing is banned so there won’t be a dance floor but we can’t stop you from dancing around the table where you are seated

We also had diff seating plans for the day time meal and the evening meal so people were seated with diff people during the day so at least it got to mix them up
Thanks for this loving the seating plan idea! Would never have thought about doing it that way ! 🤩

Reactions: 1
I posted this in the covid thread the other day. If it helps give some reassurance to brides
Screenshot_20210615-084735_Chrome.jpg

It doesn't say it in this post, but bar my own wedding (16 guests 7 years ago) it was the best wedding I have been to

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I posted this in the covid thread the other day. If it helps give some reassurance to brides View attachment 618234

It doesn't say it in this post, but bar my own wedding (16 guests 7 years ago) it was the best wedding I have been to
ah when it’s wrote down like that it really doesn’t sound bad at all 😃 thank you!

• Heart
ah when it’s wrote down like that it really doesn’t sound bad at all 😃 thank you!
Honestly my friend was so stressed in the lead up. But the day was absolutely wonderful and she says now she was stressing unnecessarily.

We all had a laugh about the absurdity of the rules and it made good talking points!

Please try to enjoy the lead up to your big day (easier said than done). You will have a great time x

• Heart
I know! Like we are vain and superficial. You feel like you can’t say anything because people will just snap and say there are bigger issues in the world. I understand that my wedding doesn’t mean a lot to most people but we’ve all spent so much money and took ages planning it just to have a nice day with friends and family.

rumours swirling around that they are still going to increase numbers for weddings on 21st 🙏🏻
You're not vain and superficial. It's a very important,happy day. IRL I know of 2 couples who are waiting to get married after their weddings have been cancelled. My heart goes out to anyone going through this ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've always had more fun at smaller less formal weddings. You always get that party atmosphere whereas the larger more generic weddings feel like a corporate dinner and dance.

it was so amazing thank you for asking 😃 the venue were really good with us and you wouldn’t have known there were restrictions apart from a DJ. I’m so happy I went ahead and I’m finally officially married 😃💕
Congratulations!!!! ❤❤❤❤

it was so amazing thank you for asking 😃 the venue were really good with us and you wouldn’t have known there were restrictions apart from a DJ. I’m so happy I went ahead and I’m finally officially married 😃💕
I thought about you on the day, the bride at my wedding that day also looked like your avatar so I wondered if it was actually you at one point 👀

The weather was gorgeous where I am too! Congratulations, so glad you went ahead xxx

• Heart
I don’t know where else to post this but I got married recently and can’t help feeling disappointed with the day, is this normal? I think where I planned it all I knew where things went wrong (namely with the serving staff) so I’m angry about that. All of my guests had a great day though, I just can’t help overthinking all the negatives

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
I thought about you on the day, the bride at my wedding that day also looked like your avatar so I wondered if it was actually you at one point 👀

The weather was gorgeous where I am too! Congratulations, so glad you went ahead xxx
aww thank you so much! Only just seen this. We had a lovely day it didn’t really feel like there were any restrictions tbh 😃 I don’t really look similar to my avatar anymore (different hair colour) 😂

I hope work is starting to get back to normal for you now! Fantastic news that it should all be completely restriction free soon 💕

I don’t know where else to post this but I got married recently and can’t help feeling disappointed with the day, is this normal? I think where I planned it all I knew where things went wrong (namely with the serving staff) so I’m angry about that. All of my guests had a great day though, I just can’t help overthinking all the negatives
omg I’m exactly the same! We had a really lovely day, everyone said they had such a good time afterwards but I’m just worrying about if it was rubbish, some things they went wrong. I’m worried I didn’t manage to speak to people enough and just loads of little niggles. Even though it was a lovely day and felt like it went perfect I can’t stop worrying and don’t have that amazing happy feeling it’s so strange. Im glad it’s not just me who feels that way 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
aww thank you so much! Only just seen this. We had a lovely day it didn’t really feel like there were any restrictions tbh 😃 I don’t really look similar to my avatar anymore (different hair colour) 😂

I hope work is starting to get back to normal for you now! Fantastic news that it should all be completely restriction free soon 💕

omg I’m exactly the same! We had a really lovely day, everyone said they had such a good time afterwards but I’m just worrying about if it was rubbish, some things they went wrong. I’m worried I didn’t manage to speak to people enough and just loads of little niggles. Even though it was a lovely day and felt like it went perfect I can’t stop worrying and don’t have that amazing happy feeling it’s so strange. Im glad it’s not just me who feels that way 😂
Aw I’m glad I’m not the only one. Everyone literally raves about the day but I just remember the minor issues. Even getting ready I was so nervous I felt sick so it wasn’t a exciting morning getting ready, popping bubbly etc. So now I look at other peoples mornings and wonder what was wrong with me 😅 as soon as I left the church I was so happy and excited though and it was brilliant.

Aw I’m glad I’m not the only one. Everyone literally raves about the day but I just remember the minor issues. Even getting ready I was so nervous I felt sick so it wasn’t a exciting morning getting ready, popping bubbly etc. So now I look at other peoples mornings and wonder what was wrong with me 😅 as soon as I left the church I was so happy and excited though and it was brilliant.
I actually loved the morning, I had quite a lot of Prosecco! I even loved the ceremony and saying our vows which was the bit I was nervous about. Once it got to the night part I was really tired and felt like I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have, even though when I looked around everyone seemed to have so much fun. It still bothers me that it wasn’t a good day two weeks later and that I didn’t make the most of it, but at the same time I did enjoy it. It doesn’t really make sense 😂 I think it might just be all that planning, all the stress and worry means we can’t switch off about it!

Try not to worry too much guys. If people go on about their perfect weddings that much, I feel like they’re overcompensating 😉 You got there, and planning a wedding in a pandemic is not what you signed up for! ❤ Once your wedding album comes in, I bet you’ll have nothing but happy memories of the day.

• Heart