2021 Weddings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all, I don’t know if this will be helpful or not, but I was in your place last year. We had planned for two years and our wedding was meant to be in June 2020. That was full lockdown and it was cancelled. It was devastating. Originally we moved it to July 2021 but then decided to just have a micro wedding in October 2020 as tbh we just wanted to get married.
We were lucky in that we could have our immediate family, and go for a dinner after. It was not the wedding we planned and saved hard for, we couldn’t go on our honeymoon (and who knows when we can!) but it was a lovely day, it was perfect for us and we were just happy to be married.
I know a micro wedding is not for everyone but I just wanted to provide a glimmer for hope that things can be ok, if anyone wants to chat or ask any advice from a previously postponed bride I’m always happy to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey all, I don’t know if this will be helpful or not, but I was in your place last year. We had planned for two years and our wedding was meant to be in June 2020. That was full lockdown and it was cancelled. It was devastating. Originally we moved it to July 2021 but then decided to just have a micro wedding in October 2020 as tbh we just wanted to get married.
We were lucky in that we could have our immediate family, and go for a dinner after. It was not the wedding we planned and saved hard for, we couldn’t go on our honeymoon (and who knows when we can!) but it was a lovely day, it was perfect for us and we were just happy to be married.
I know a micro wedding is not for everyone but I just wanted to provide a glimmer for hope that things can be ok, if anyone wants to chat or ask any advice from a previously postponed bride I’m always happy to help.
Congratulations on your wedding 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
wedding planner here, nowadays professional wedding postponer, reporting for free advice duty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our wedding for this year got cancelled last summer, we now get married next summer.... we have friends getting married this June who want lots of evening guests... doubt that will happen? X

I can’t see how my April wedding can go ahead now 😥
What are your numbers like? We amended ours to April from last June, but actually don’t want it to happen. Just not in the right from of mind!

From what I can see on our venue’s website calendar, more dates are starting to become available leading up to ours, so I think they’ll be contacting us soon to discuss options.

Reactions: 2
What are your numbers like? We amended ours to April from last June, but actually don’t want it to happen. Just not in the right from of mind!

From what I can see on our venue’s website calendar, more dates are starting to become available leading up to ours, so I think they’ll be contacting us soon to discuss options.
85ish and then another 25 in the evening.
I think we will postpone now tbh

I emailed our wedding venue last Friday. Asking for a bit of advice about whether we’d be able to go ahead with a really small wedding in June or what our options are. I completely understand they know as much as we do but think it makes more sense to be realistic and cut our numbers dramatically.

They haven’t responded to us in a week. I understand they must have loads of weddings to sort but that’s why I sent an email so we weren’t being pushy and phoning them. I’m pretty pissed off that they haven’t even had the decency to reply to an email. Our menu tasting session should have been in the next couple of weeks so surely we should here from them anyway.

I’m at a point of thinking duck it and cancelling. I wanted to try for a baby after the wedding but wanted a nice big honeymoon first and a lovely wedding. Now I don’t know what to do for the best. I’m 30 on Sunday I don’t really want to think of having to wait a year to try for a baby when it might take a while to get pregnant. I know it’s not the end of the world but like many on here I’ve had my plans set out and now it’s all been taken away.

I have really bad depression and this is just not helping 😢

Thank you for letting me rant on this thread 😂

My daughter was due to get married April 2020. We postponed to April 21 but it’s clear the big wedding she wants won’t happen. Her fiancé is Asian and has a big family spread across the world and they are unlikely to be able to come. We have now decided to push it back to August 2022 which seems so long to wait.

• Sad
We were August 2020 but decided to have a small legal ceremony in December just before our area went into tier 3! We are hoping to have our big 120 guest “reception” in our original venue in December 2021. But I’m feeling quite uncertain about it now ☹. Our honeymoon was supposed to be in a couple of weeks but obviously that’s cancelled. I feel grateful that we are legally married but sad we’ve missed out on hen/stag dos and couldn’t have any bridesmaids or ushers at our ceremony.
I really feel for everyone the uncertainty takes all the excitement out of wedding planning!

• Sad
I emailed our wedding venue last Friday. Asking for a bit of advice about whether we’d be able to go ahead with a really small wedding in June or what our options are. I completely understand they know as much as we do but think it makes more sense to be realistic and cut our numbers dramatically.

They haven’t responded to us in a week. I understand they must have loads of weddings to sort but that’s why I sent an email so we weren’t being pushy and phoning them. I’m pretty pissed off that they haven’t even had the decency to reply to an email. Our menu tasting session should have been in the next couple of weeks so surely we should here from them anyway.

I’m at a point of thinking duck it and cancelling. I wanted to try for a baby after the wedding but wanted a nice big honeymoon first and a lovely wedding. Now I don’t know what to do for the best. I’m 30 on Sunday I don’t really want to think of having to wait a year to try for a baby when it might take a while to get pregnant. I know it’s not the end of the world but like many on here I’ve had my plans set out and now it’s all been taken away.

Could you perhaps call as a follow up? It’s so difficult knowing the best thing to do isn’t it?

Don't be too disheartened that you haven't heard back from them, most venues would have been closed last week depending on their tier and definitely closed this week or at least with staff working from home on reduced hours since the national lockdown was brought in - I'm sure they'll get back to you soon xx

trust me a week is fine! last friday was new year day, perhaps they still are/were on their holiday + they probably really have a lot to sort out, i'm sure they'll respond soon. but also if you rang them i'm sure that would be completely fine.

A lot may still be furloughed too.

Or have been made redundant so on smaller teams.

Please hang on a bit longer if you can before postponing. There won't be a wedding industry left if everyone jumps from 2021.

What are peoples thoughts on august weddings & restrictions?
I think august may hopefully 🙏🏻 be back to normal. I guess that would probably be the best month to hope things can go ahead as fairly normal as possible.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will phone them but give it a big longer incase they are dealing with weddings for the next couple of months first.

I’m leaning more and more to cancelling and going abroad just us two and doing it when we can. It’s too much money to plan a venue wedding with all the supplier costs. Like others have said the genuine excitement has gone and I feel I would regret having this wedding if it is going to be like what we wanted.

It’s always going to be a tough decision as to what to do for the best 😕 I’ve been ok most of the time but I think I’m just a bit upset the last couple of days I’ll probably change my mind again by Monday 😂

I think august may hopefully 🙏🏻 be back to normal. I guess that would probably be the best month to hope things can go ahead as fairly normal as possible.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will phone them but give it a big longer incase they are dealing with weddings for the next couple of months first.

I’m leaning more and more to cancelling and going abroad just us two and doing it when we can. It’s too much money to plan a venue wedding with all the supplier costs. Like others have said the genuine excitement has gone and I feel I would regret having this wedding if it is going to be like what we wanted.

It’s always going to be a tough decision as to what to do for the best 😕 I’ve been ok most of the time but I think I’m just a bit upset the last couple of days I’ll probably change my mind again by Monday 😂
Yeah I guess so, the people we know want 150 at the evening doubt they’ll let that many people be together who knows

I was supposed to be married august 2020 , now it’s august 2021 , we have been engaged for 3 years together for 7 , all the fun has gone from the wedding I don’t even think I want to get married august 2021 , I think I would much rather just go away the two of us and do it that way , the thing that’s stopping me cancelling is deposits - we have spent ALOT of money on deposits for everything venue : florist : hair : make up : cake etc etc etc my dress is paid in full . I really don’t no what to do I feel I don’t want my wedding anymore as I can’t see it being the way I wanted it to be and all the fun had been wiped from it , but I also can’t comprehend loosing a few thousand we have paid out in deposits and then the few thousand that my dress cost , it’s a lot of money to be waisted

• Sad
Reactions: 3