Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TJ90

VIP Member
Ladies, just for the ones worried about hen do’s etc. My wedding was booked and we chose to move it forward by many months due to a family member being terminally ill. However we already had our stag and hen do’s booked! They ended up being after our wedding and I’m telling you now it was the best thing ever! Not a bit of worrying about the wedding whilst we were away etc, looking back having it afterwards was better for my and my husband loved having his stag after the wedding too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Barbie2020

VIP Member
No but have two weddings to attend as a guest in July, one was only planning for 30 guests anyway but the other there is supposed to be around 80 guests I believe. Feel so bad for our friends, we postponed from April and wanted to postpone to July but our venue made us go for September as they didn't trust the government! MP's just do not understand how long weddings take to plan and arrange, a weeks notice is just not good enough
I think your venue did right by not trusting them lol! I don’t think I would mind if it didn’t seem so ridiculous. The cases and number of deaths just doesn’t justify delaying the restrictions in my opinion. We will all have lovely weddings whatever happens but I’m just fed up of disappointment after disappointment now.

Insta-fan

We were meant to be July 11th 2020. Postponed until April 2021. Can’t see it happen. Our venue want an extra £2000 to postpone again until 2022 as they have no dates available for 2021. I just can’t be bothered with the whole thing any more! I feel guilty telling my fiancé how I feel, but I don’t even want a wedding any more. I’d rather just pop down to the registry office and sign the papers. But doing that would upset so many.
Should be the happiest time but it’s really not.

• Sad
Have just seen in Wales they are not limiting guest numbers allowing venues to make their own risk assessments from the 8th March. Guessing how many the venue can social distance etc. I know it is only the ceremony at the minute but guessing the same rules will apply once receptions can go ahead. Good news though fingers crossed Boris does the same in his plan 🤞

• Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
It sounds like good news for England, I'm in Scotland so no dates etc. However it's hard for me to get excited/hopeful because I'm just imagining a situation like Christmas where so much is promised but it's all snatched away at the last moment.

I suppose at this point I'm just trying to protect myself against even more disappointments, anyone else feeling the same? This time has been so brutal and I genuinely feel like covid has massively derailed my life plans.
When is your wedding supposed to be? I really hope you get some positive news soon. We were supposed to be 19th June which was two days away from restrictions and so we took a chance to try and find a new date. We’ve now got the week later but will have to find a couple of suppliers and it’s taking ages to find out if there is a registrar available. Got a bad feeling there won’t be 😔

Although we’ve changed it to a few days after I’m still nervous that they will put the brakes on this lockdown easing. I’ve seen couples due to marry in July saying they are still worrying but at least there is a bit of hope in that situation.

Even though I’ve changed mine i know there is still a massive chance it won’t be restriction free. I just feel sorry for everyone getting married and people who work in the industry. So many hurdles to jump through it’s really unfair 😞

Also people seem to have an argument that the 10000 limit for stadiums etc is ok because they won’t hug or anything like they would at a wedding therefore minimising contact. I can tell you now my boyfriend is a massive football fan goes to all the games and I can imagine they will all be so happy to get back that there will be hugging and things going on 🤣

I don’t know if anyone follows #whataboutweddings on Instagram/Twitter they have been amazing trying to campaign for weddings to get back to normal they have good information.

Just to say as well all my suppliers and the venue have been so kind and friendly when I’ve been trying to sort out changing the dates even though they must have god how’s how many people trying to do the same. You’re all angels and hope you get back to working as quick as possible 💗

bellinibobble

VIP Member
A wedding number update - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56158405

Looks like from 12 April, weddings of 15 people. Not clear if receptions/wedding breakfasts are included.

From 17 May, weddings including receptions for up to 30.

From 21 June, unrestricted weddings!

With a caveat of if the data allows it..

I hope this is good news for some of you 🤞🏻 Personally I think I will be postponing until 2022 because of potential travel quarantine and restrictions, but it’ll be worth it if life gets back to normal in the uk.

nbt

VIP Member
It didn’t go well. I let my partner do most of the talking because I just get too emotional. Let’s just say he is very straight talking!

With us, they know we want to cancel as the other options just don’t work for us. So it’s the discussion as to what we’re owed back. We have basically paid up, even though the balance wasn’t due. Big mistake! I’d never do that again, lesson learned. Although regardless of that, we’d still be owed money.

They’re advising us to hang on until our date is officially in some kind of lockdown/restrictions. It’s the start of April so we all know we won’t be having a wedding of almost 90 guests. But I think this is the final thing they’re clinging on to.

Anyway, they said their MD wouldn’t go for a refund until this happens. The call ended with partner asking them to put everything in writing to us and her replying that she thinks that’s best as we’re obviously not getting anywhere over the phone 😢

I thought it’d be bad, but not to the extreme where they’re currently offering us nothing back at all.

• Sad

bolimepipi

VIP Member
I feel so sorry for everyone who’s getting married or works in the industry it’s just awful 😞😞
thank you for including those of us who work in the industry! 🧡
a few days ago i had my first cancellation of the year, it broke my heart because i had a wonderful relationship with the couple

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
My anxiety is sky high working in the industry. I feel dread at the could bes. To see such flippant comments online makes me think noone cares about us which is so sad as weddings are a huge life event....a right of passage.

For what it's worth, you are not silly for wanting to wait for the big wedding and celebration, but at the same time you are not silly for wanting to no longer put your life on hold and wanting a small simple legal ceremony.

Lets hope we get some answers on 22nd Feb. I know they are hearing us it's whether they care enough xxx
I really hope they are clear on Monday about social distancing measures and large gatherings etc. My husbands in a wedding and functions band and obviously every single booking was cancelled / postponed last year and they have a huge list this year, pretty much every weekend throughout May-September and a few weddings in the autumn and winter. The gov are going to have be clear on what is going to be allowed because how can they expect couples to wait until a few weeks before their wedding to know if they can have a night do 😑

HoGi

VIP Member
I’m not sure I get the ‘no dancing’ rule either 🤷🏻‍♀️
The latest guidance just says dancing is advised against. Which means that it isn't banned. But values are prohibited from providing a dance floor.

So at the wedding I was at 2 weeks ago, we were allowed to dance outside, DJ was inside, so the music wasn't loud but was loud enough to enjoy ourselves 😊

bolimepipi

VIP Member
Totally agree. I don't see how the risk for 10,000 in Wembley travelling by public transport etc. is the same as 30 at a wedding?

It should be down to each venue and, like the restrictions on large indoor venues cinemas/theatres etc, it should be a percentage of their capacity.
exactly, it should depend on the venue. random but the other day i read that in japan you just have to have less than half of the capacity of the venue. that's much more reasonable

Thanks so much everyone for your replies earlier 🤗 I do feel better for a vent. I definitely think family/friends are not asking in order to reduce our stress, but it does make me feel a bit lonely in the situation.
Completely agree I had a cry about this earlier saying I just want someone to ask me a normal wedding question like how am I having my hair or something stupid. Rather than not mentioning it at all or start giving you their opinions! Feel free to rant away 🥰

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Dancing is only advised against aka not banned. But Dancefloors are banned.

I was at a wedding on 22nd May, we danced all night just outside.

Yes you have to be seated for drinking but we didn't find that a problem, we sat down slurped, got back up again.

Pjta

I am feeling really positive about Mondays announcement now! I'm thinking by summer we could hopefully be having 30 guests? X

Khe91

Chatty Member
I don’t know where else to post this but I got married recently and can’t help feeling disappointed with the day, is this normal? I think where I planned it all I knew where things went wrong (namely with the serving staff) so I’m angry about that. All of my guests had a great day though, I just can’t help overthinking all the negatives

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

Ladya31

We are getting married in September 2021. I don't even want to think about the UK still being in this nightmare come then not only for weddings but the population's sanity as a whole 🤦🏼‍♀️ We've always planned on having a small wedding so if numbers have to be reduced more in order for it to still be able to go ahead if restrictions are still in place then so be it.

The other sticking point is honeymoons, we'd love to have the excitement of having a honeymoon booked to look forward to but you just don't know where is going to be open/ don't have to quarentine there or when you come back etc. Honeymoon will have to be more of a last minute thing or postponed until sometime after the wedding if it has to be into 2022 to travel somewhere.

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I’m just waiting to hear back from the venue and we will just work around the restrictions. They don’t sound as bad as I first thought last night.

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
@nbt Bless you. It's so hard for everyone. My inbox has not stopped pinging for postponements and cancellations. I dread opening it. But I also feel so sad for all the couples seeing their dreams going down the drain.

• Sad