Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rodney2208

VIP Member
I just want to say to all those brides with weddings approaching, that we had our day on Sat, we were originally 120 but went ahead with 30. Our venue in Cornwall were fab and it felt like a normal pre Covid day!! We were able to spend time with all our guests and we had just the best day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I just hate how we’re made to look really trivial by the media if we do want bigger weddings? Yes, I could get married in the registry office (and full love and support to people who choose to do that) and I KNOW marrying my best friend is the biggest most important but...but funnily enough I have been thinking about this day since I was a little girl, we booked it in 2017 and I’d quite like to have a party and celebrate 😤
People don’t seem to grasp that lots of people have put down lots of money with suppliers which would be lost in the event of postponing/cancelling/downsizing.. very easy for some to tell couples that they should skip merrily to the registry office when they’ve already had the wedding of their dreams. 🙄

It just seems like weddings are the butt of everyone’s jokes at the minute, but us unlucky few who have endured the emotional rollercoaster know it fucking sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I agree with you all about the coverage of weddings we are portrayed to be bridezillas making out we just want our ‘big day’. When really we just wanted to be treated fairly and have the same rules apply to weddings as they do everywhere else!
Keeping everything crossed these reports of numbers going up are true 🤞

Reactions: 9

bolimepipi

VIP Member
wedding planner here, nowadays professional wedding postponer, reporting for free advice duty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hey everyone, just read through this thread and nice to see I am not the only one feeling that way.

I feel like I need to vent 😭 Also a postponed bride from June last year moved to June this year so we could have the wedding and honeymoon we wanted. Looking less and less likely 😭 feel like all the fun has been taken out of it. As it was close last time 3 months before we have paid a lot of money in deposit and final/ part payments so we are kind of stuck

We delayed trying for a baby as well but kind of feels like what’s the point. Everyone around us is pregnant or trying for a baby and it’s getting me down. Don’t get me wrong I’m really happy for then but I can’t help but feel 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Hope all you ladies are doing ok ☺

I’m probably being a bit too positive but 4/5 months away from my wedding and I’m throwing myself into planning as I’ve not done any for over a year. I’ve got all my suppliers sorted but I’ve had a bit of panic thinking I’m so disorganised.

Is anyone else still planning for a wedding when they haven’t got a clue how many people they can have? We are going to have to borrow some money off parents to get it all sorted after furlough and the whole Covid situation stopped us saving like we needed to.

Ive found a nice table plan and table names but obviously can’t buy them yet because we don’t know how many guests we will be having 😂

I just feel a bit anxious about it all. I don’t want my wedding to be shit because I haven’t done a good job or sorting it all.

• Heart

MrsA1234

Chatty Member
Just came across this thread and wanted to pop my head in to say I’m thinking of you all - it must be so hard planning a wedding at the moment. I got married a few years ago and the stress was unreal. I’ve got 2 weddings to go to this year, one was supposed to have been last year but got rearranged. I wouldn’t dream of pulling out because of COVID, I know how much planning goes into a wedding and how much someone pulling out can have an impact (seating charts, chair numbers, minimum number requirements etc) and it’s really giving me something fun and social to look forward to. Wishing you all the best of luck x

• Heart

Northeast1988

VIP Member
If anyone has any doubts about having a micro wedding or unsure whether to go ahead with small numbers , then I would highly recommend it

I got married in October and had to go from 100 guests down to 8. Growing up , I thought I wanted the big wedding with all the big displays and big crowds because that’s what’s the norm and what everyone normally does . Because of covid , I went ahead with just 8 and it was the best thing I ever did . Covid for me was a blessing . I had both immediate families and the bridesmaid and best man . I loved the intimacy and smallness of it , we were all able to sit around one table and we all just chatted . Definitely took away the stress of family drama and certain family members acting up

Reactions: 7

HoGi

VIP Member
I attended a 30 guest wedding 2 weeks ago. And bar my own wedding (16 guests 7 years ago) it was the best wedding I have been to!

Yes masks were annoying. Yes the rules are a bit backwards. But did it stop us having a good time? Absolutely not!!

We could still dance (had to be outside). Could still drink (just had to sit down to order and consume). It was bloody glorious

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
That’s interesting, I wonder if they will ease restrictions on evening do’s this year
I feel like all of my couples would happily cut their guest lists right back. It's the evening do bit which is becoming a real sticking point. We have tried to make it as normal as possible but for many a wedding is very much about the dancing and the party.

Apparently they did a survey and 80% said they would take a wedding of 50 people with an evening party over 100 people for a sit down meal but no evening and I completely understand.

Bora Bora Local

Hey all, I don’t know if this will be helpful or not, but I was in your place last year. We had planned for two years and our wedding was meant to be in June 2020. That was full lockdown and it was cancelled. It was devastating. Originally we moved it to July 2021 but then decided to just have a micro wedding in October 2020 as tbh we just wanted to get married.
We were lucky in that we could have our immediate family, and go for a dinner after. It was not the wedding we planned and saved hard for, we couldn’t go on our honeymoon (and who knows when we can!) but it was a lovely day, it was perfect for us and we were just happy to be married.
I know a micro wedding is not for everyone but I just wanted to provide a glimmer for hope that things can be ok, if anyone wants to chat or ask any advice from a previously postponed bride I’m always happy to help.

• Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I feel for everybody 😢 I’d been very positive as you know but now I’ve completely lost it. Why have we had all these promises of the vaccine will get us back to normal really soon and now they are being more cautious than ever. Yes they need to be careful and make sure hospitals aren’t overwhelmed but seriously if millions more vulnerable are going to be vaccinated by the end of this month what is the point?

I was happy with 15 but the more I think about it it seems really silly wearing a big dress for what will essentially be a sit down meal? We will probably still be paying way too much money for that. We want to get married this year but I’d rather have a registry office with just our parents.

All tbe excitement of getting ready with my bridesmaids in the morning? Partner getting ready with his mates, having a fun time, staying over and eating breakfast together the next day. Not the main part of a wedding but still so much quality time with people that we aren’t going to get. It was bad enough knowing we can’t have stag and hen, honeymoon etc. I’m properly gutted.

I feel like if they’d said at the beginning of this year it’s still going to be a very long time before things get sorted then we wouldn’t have had a bit of hope left. It’s shit and I don’t know how to make any of you feel better.

I know a lot of people think we are shallow or whatever for wanting a nice wedding but I look back through years of family and friends weddings and I feel sad that we won’t get our special day 😢

I’m sure I’ll be able to feel more positive when I’ve accepted it. Hope everybody is doing ok! ❤❤

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
I don't think weddings will be cleared until next year.

30's year olds aren't going to get the vaccine until September. Granted by this time most of the population will have had it the vacine.

Just waiting until next year and do it how you want too as opposed to how the government demand. X
This is a £14 billion industry paying taxes into the UK. We can't just postpone to next year.

We are a huge contributor to the economy and need to be allowed to open up steadily and safely.

Some couples also want to get on with their married lives so want to get hitched this year.

ilikelamp

Chatty Member
This is my opinion on it:

If you want the big wedding, hold out for the big wedding!

But if you are putting your life on hold for the big wedding then you have to weigh up which is more important to you. For example: some people don't want to move into their newly built house until they are married. Some people don't want to have a baby until they are married. You have to prioritise then and decide are you willing to carry on and move to the house / have the baby without being married..

Time is so so short. Don't put your life on hold. I don't mean go off and get married in a registry office but if there are other things you are putting off "until you get married" then you have to consider that.

At the end of the day, you are engaged and planning a future with this person so you have already promised yourselves to each other for the rest of your life.

Hope that helps and sorry you are feeling stressed! 💖

• Heart

Khe91

Chatty Member
I’m due to get married in July, moved from last year :( I’m honestly relieved that there will be restrictions though due to my MIL from hell! She was way too involved and when we tried to address this she wouldn’t listen and would shout at us. Not to mention her guest list and inviting people I don’t even know. This way, if we can go ahead safely, it’ll be very strict and she has no say in the guests!

• Heart
  • Haha

nbt

VIP Member
Agree with the last two posts.

All the fun has been sucked out and I feel like I don’t want our wedding to happen either. I feel like it’s a big stress talking about it and have also had my head in the sand.

We’ve basically paid up 🙄 so would have a lot of money coming back to us from the venue, as long as they weren’t awkward with it. We’ve decided we’re going to use it for a house deposit this year instead. Then we’ll have a quiet thing at some point just the 5 of us (three children) and that way, hopefully nothing will get in the way and it’ll happen no matter what. Will try and keep what we can to avoid losing deposits - stick with some flowers, hopefully keep our photographer etc.

We’ve been together 13 years this year and have an 8 year old son together so it’s really just cementing it and changing my name which now feels important to me!

• Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
We’ve managed to change our date to a week later on the 26th June so hopefully no restrictions but I still don’t trust them not to change. The suppliers and venue have been absolute angels helping me out tonight. I still actually need to sort a registrar out first thing in the morning watch there be none available 😭

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everybody manages to sort their weddings and find something that suits them. I feel like even may is still a while away and things could have already improved drastically by then.

I feel like we’ve all been in this together and just want everyone to have the wedding they have always wanted. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Feel so fed up everyone thinks it’s amazing news and has text me saying we should be so happy that restrictions are lifted on numbers. However they seem to have put more obstacles in place, 6 to a table, masks at all times, table service only, no dancing the list goes on. I can’t help but feeling disappointed when we are paying for the full wedding as well.
12 days away and still no idea what the wedding will look like. Our venue is waiting for the official guidance which should hopefully come tomorrow but doesn’t give us much time to plan
Hope everyone is okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6