2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm Northern Ireland, not sure where you would be going to in the UK - but popular day 2 test kits here at the moment are from Randox which are self administered and then dropped off/posted back to them. No idea if this is available elsewhere in the UK or if it even suits but just potentially something to check?
Would be England, arriving at Dover. You’ve at least prompted me to re-read the uk.gov site again, where I’ve picked up on something I misread before. It says one can choose a testing site not on their list, so that makes things possibly a bit easier.

Reactions: 2
Generally they have not been moving countries around the traffic light system in between the reviews. So if Slovenia is green at the moment, the next review is not until either 15th or 16th September and then the restrictions don't actually take effect until a few days later.

A rapid antigen is enough to enter the UK yes. I'm not sure about day 2 tests for England!
Thank you, I booked my tickets today, traveling next wednesday! So happy I could cry 😭🤞🏼

Reactions: 1
I have got 4 free nights stay from Hotel.com that I have to use it up by end of the year, each night worth around £100. It is not a lot, but it is decent enough.

It is a shame that because of work, we couldn't use it up this summer. Initially we wanted to use it at OKU Kos, obviously we had to cancel.

So we are thinking of European City Breaks to go between this Nov and Dec. We don't usually spend a lot on hotel when it comes to city break because we will be out most of the time. We are thinking of Venice, Stockholm, Copenhagen or Amsterdam since the hotels there are naturally quite expensive, so the free nights that I have will help to offset the price.

Reactions: 3
All being well we fly to Greece on Friday.

I've been sensible this week and worked from home / avoided any unnecessary contact so fingers crossed have dodged anything nasty.

I'm now in the frantic, 'checking weather for resort every five mins' stage of pre-holiday prep. I don't why I trust long-range weather forecasting; they always predict tornados and freak blizzards and it's much nicer than they say, every time!

Reactions: 8
All being well we fly to Greece on Friday.

I've been sensible this week and worked from home / avoided any unnecessary contact so fingers crossed have dodged anything nasty.

I'm now in the frantic, 'checking weather for resort every five mins' stage of pre-holiday prep. I don't why I trust long-range weather forecasting; they always predict tornados and freak blizzards and it's much nicer than they say, every time!
Good luck! Hope you have a great time. Where in Greece are you going?

Good luck! Hope you have a great time. Where in Greece are you going?
Thank you!

Pefkohori, so right at the bottom of the first peninsula of Halkidiki. I've been to some of the islands before but never the mainland - really looking forward to seeing what it's like.

• Heart
I can’t believe I’m really flying to London tomorrow 🥺 it’s been two years! Have my test ready, day 2 test booked, I’m checked in and now I wait. 😁 Already called my ex housemates and booked some exhibitions, I also have appointment at Grace Loves Lace, gonna be trying wedding dresses for the first time! 😻 Honestly I’m so excited I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight, I feel like I’m in love, I have butterflies and can’t eat and can’t sleep 😂 Had an amazing summer but this will be the highlight I think! 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m a bit confused. If I was to go to Greece and I am fully vaccinated so I not need a test to go? From what I understand from the gov website I don’t but when I’ve read articles it says I do?

I’m a bit confused. If I was to go to Greece and I am fully vaccinated so I not need a test to go? From what I understand from the gov website I don’t but when I’ve read articles it says I do?
No, if your double vaccination is at least 14 days before your trip, it’s ok.

After a hellish week in wales in July in an awful caravan where it rained all the time we are looking at going abroad in October.

Am I right in thinking if somewhere goes from Amber to red you need to quarantine? As I’d love to go to Italy/Greece/Spain but cannot afford for it to turn red while im there.

Obviously October is a while away but if we are stuck with green list it’d be Madeira / Malta / Croatia - anyone know which is best for a couple and a baby? I’m swaying towards Malta. This fire breaker lockdown talk is making me nervous for October.

Booked Rhodes, first time going solo somewhere but I feel that’s good for covid can stay out of peoples way!
Changed my flights from Italy to rhodes for £36 and booked an all inclusive hotel to just relax for 9days 😄

Reactions: 5
Booked Rhodes, first time going solo somewhere but I feel that’s good for covid can stay out of peoples way!
Changed my flights from Italy to rhodes for £36 and booked an all inclusive hotel to just relax for 9days 😄
I’m so envious! I went to Rhodes couple weeks ago but only for the day, it’s definitely one I wanna go back to and enjoy properly! Just beautiful. Omg after 9 days you will not wanna fly back home! Enjoy ❤

I can’t believe I’m really flying to London tomorrow 🥺 it’s been two years! Have my test ready, day 2 test booked, I’m checked in and now I wait. 😁 Already called my ex housemates and booked some exhibitions, I also have appointment at Grace Loves Lace, gonna be trying wedding dresses for the first time! 😻 Honestly I’m so excited I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight, I feel like I’m in love, I have butterflies and can’t eat and can’t sleep 😂 Had an amazing summer but this will be the highlight I think! 💖
Awwww I’m so happy for you! This is the longest I’ve been away from the UK (last time I visited was Jan 2020) so I know how you feel. Like you, I had a great summer, I travelled to USA and Greece and had a marvellous time, but it’s really important for me to visit home. It’ll be the icing on the cake.

Quick question, for your Day 2 test, how will they give you the results? Will they email it to you or do you have to go in person to collect it? This is the one thing I’m not sure about, once I am more clear on it I can start planning a London trip.

Have a wonderful time xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just got back from Ireland. Airports busy both our end and in Ireland. No one check covid vaccine certificates however upon check in they had to be uploaded. Also had to fill out a passenger locator form for in Ireland and again no one checked this either.
Simple and straightforward travel.

Reactions: 5
So booked Greece end of September, come back 1st October but off work until 12th. Then booked 6nights in wales from the 18th 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
After a hellish week in wales in July in an awful caravan where it rained all the time we are looking at going abroad in October.

Am I right in thinking if somewhere goes from Amber to red you need to quarantine? As I’d love to go to Italy/Greece/Spain but cannot afford for it to turn red while im there.

Obviously October is a while away but if we are stuck with green list it’d be Madeira / Malta / Croatia - anyone know which is best for a couple and a baby? I’m swaying towards Malta. This fire breaker lockdown talk is making me nervous for October.
My suggestion, if you can, is work out when the travel reviews are and book last minute to go inbetween reviews. Realistically however while the traffic light system is in place, countries like Spain are very unlikely to go Red. Theres far too many Brits there that they physically wouldnt have the space for the number of hotel quaratines that would be needed.

I’m hoping to go to Greece in 2 weeks but want to ask a question about tests before I book anything. Do I have to take a PCR or antigen test before flying to Greece from UK if I’m fully vaccinated? Or do I only need to take that test a few days before I fly back to London and also take a day 2 test after arriving back here? Just quite confused with it all really.

I’m hoping to go to Greece in 2 weeks but want to ask a question about tests before I book anything. Do I have to take a PCR or antigen test before flying to Greece from UK if I’m fully vaccinated? Or do I only need to take that test a few days before I fly back to London and also take a day 2 test after arriving back here? Just quite confused with it all really.
Same with me. I asked in this thread not too many posts ago. Unless anything changes next week I’m pretty sure if your vaccinated you don’t need a test to go from uk to Greece. But to come back from Greece to the uk you need a antigen test within 48hours of the flight and then also a day 2 PCR test.

And you have to fill in a passenger locator form when going to greece

And also 14 days after second vaccjne

Same with me. I asked in this thread not too many posts ago. Unless anything changes next week I’m pretty sure if your vaccinated you don’t need a test to go from uk to Greece. But to come back from Greece to the uk you need a antigen test within 48hours of the flight and then also a day 2 PCR test.

And you have to fill in a passenger locator form when going to greece

And also 14 days after second vaccjne

Thank you so much! I was just super worried that maybe I needed to book an antigen test before I even fly over there so thought I’d double check before I booked my flights. I’m double vaccinated so hopefully won’t need to take any tests, only the ones before flying back to UK and then again on day 2 after returning home.

Do you know when they’re next updating the green and amber lists? Again thank you for your help, really appreciate it! :)

Thank you so much! I was just super worried that maybe I needed to book an antigen test before I even fly over there so thought I’d double check before I booked my flights. I’m double vaccinated so hopefully won’t need to take any tests, only the ones before flying back to UK and then again on day 2 after returning home.

Do you know when they’re next updating the green and amber lists? Again thank you for your help, really appreciate it! :)
It should be the 16th so next Thursday but I think sometimes they do it on the Wednesday. There’s also rumours that it might change soon and if you are double vaccinated then no tests will be needed. I’m hoping it’ll change this time to that but I’ve read it’ll probably be October.
I was going to wait to book until then but went for it so I’m hoping it doesn’t change 🤞
I’m just not sure whether to get a antigen test to take with me or to find somewhere there that does it.

I went on a lovely holiday to Dubai this past week!! It was actually way easier than I thought. I did a PCR before I went with boots, then my hotel arranged for me to do one when I was in Dubai, 48 hours before I travelled to the U.K. and filled in a passenger locator form.

And I have a day 2 test booked, again with boots.

the whole process was definitely worth it and was very easy!! I am double vaccinated too