2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 2 weeks off end of Nov/beginning of Dec I'm thinking about booking a few nights in either Copenhagen or Krakow but can't decide between them. Anyone been to both and which did you prefer?
HAHAH OMG are you my husband, we are going to go CPH in Nov and Krakow in spring. The reason we are going to CPH in Nov instead of spring is purely because of price, the hotel is cheaper in Nov than next spring.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Unfortunately not, it only comes into effect end of October. 😔I've just booked my day 2 pcr for the 1st. Gutted.
It seems to just be the two day that I have to do now I’ve changed to the 4th so I’ve booked that. At least I don’t have to do the antigen test to come back to the uk

It seems to just be the two day that I have to do now I’ve changed to the 4th so I’ve booked that. At least I don’t have to do the antigen test to come back to the uk
That's good news. I thought both were only changing at the end of the month. I get so confused with all these bloody rules 😂

The news this morning is that bookings are surging, especially for the half term. Turkey is apparently a big half term destination in the making but this suggest people aren't doing their research. Sure, the tests have changed and it's no longer red listed but the COVID restrictions are awful. Anyone going there would have a miserable holiday unless what they want is to actually go to a restriction packed place.

Do we have to take test before we depart from the UK? When I went to Croatia they never checked it so wondering whether it was ever even mandatory?

The news this morning is that bookings are surging, especially for the half term. Turkey is apparently a big half term destination in the making but this suggest people aren't doing their research. Sure, the tests have changed and it's no longer red listed but the COVID restrictions are awful. Anyone going there would have a miserable holiday unless what they want is to actually go to a restriction packed place.
We looked at going for half term, it’s not too bad, I don’t mind wearing masks but for the most part we would just chill in the sun and be one of those boring people who relax at the hotel and rarely leave. What put me off was the requirement for PCR testing to enter.

Do we have to take test before we depart from the UK? When I went to Croatia they never checked it so wondering whether it was ever even mandatory?
Depends on where you are going. If you Google the country and covid requirements our government website has the info and links so select them.

Hi, I’m going to Greece next Friday and trying to find a cheap day 2 PCR test home kit online for when I return. I was wondering if this one would be acceptable?: https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

I just want to double check for any advice before I book and order that test today as don’t want to pay and for it to not be recognised/allowed etc.
This name rang a bell for me and after a quick google it seems that Expert Medical are no longer on the govt list.

This name rang a bell for me and after a quick google it seems that Expert Medical are no longer on the govt list.
ah really? That’s so annoying 😭 that was the cheapest one I could find. Thank you so much for letting me know! Do you know where I can go to see the gov list for PCRs? or if anyone knows what the cheapest acceptable day 2 test the UK allows?

Hi, I’m going to Greece next Friday and trying to find a cheap day 2 PCR test home kit online for when I return. I was wondering if this one would be acceptable?: https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

I just want to double check for any advice before I book and order that test today as don’t want to pay and for it to not be recognised/allowed etc.
The cheapest I found was £43, didn’t look for long though so maybe there is cheaper. Others I looked at were £60 or more so I just booked it for £43

The cheapest I found was £43, didn’t look for long though so maybe there is cheaper. Others I looked at were £60 or more so I just booked it for £43
Ah thank you. Do you happen to have the link to the £43 day 2 test you booked?

We used randox. I think they were around £40 ish for each day 2 test. Try discount code "flyryanair"

We used randox. I think they were around £40 ish for each day 2 test. Try discount code "flyryanair"
I used them as well it was £43 with the code. I’m flying Ryanair and they’d want me an email to tell me to buy via randox and to sue the discount code but didn’t actually send the discount code. Ended up googling it and finding one.

Ryanair, BA and Emirates have discount codes which you can use if you just google it. It will cost a fair amount though especially if they require a test administered by someone else (as was the case when I last flew with Emirates)

HAHAH OMG are you my husband, we are going to go CPH in Nov and Krakow in spring. The reason we are going to CPH in Nov instead of spring is purely because of price, the hotel is cheaper in Nov than next spring.
Booked for Copenhagen for 1st December for 3 nights. Flights only £39 and booked cancellable hotel. I decided on Copenhagen as I'll be going on my own and seems more suited to solo travellers x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m literally all holiday looking gone blind !!
I have a week off October 4th week .. don’t wanna go too far ..must be all inclusive , Spain ideally .. 4/5 nights under £350 .. there’s loads but I’m too overwhelmed.. I’m stuck.. I’ve spent 2 weeks looking .. I need to go somewhere.. I have more than one job andI have that week OFF FROM ALL OF THEM ..so to sit around doing sweet fanny ,isn’t an option…help me crunky biatches 🙌🙈🤮.. I just wanna get pissed on the AI

Reactions: 3
I have a week off October 4th week .. don’t wanna go too far ..must be all inclusive , Spain ideally .. 4/5 nights under £350 .. there’s loads but I’m too overwhelmed.. I’m stuck.. I’ve spent 2 weeks looking .. I need to go somewhere.. I have more than one job andI have that week OFF FROM ALL OF THEM ..so to sit around doing sweet fanny ,isn’t an option…help me crunky biatches 🙌🙈🤮.. I just wanna get pissed on the AI
I booked via onthebeach they were the cheapest but it didn’t increase slightly from what the website said to when they called me to confirm/pay. Another I like to use it sunmaster

Have a look at Holiday Pirates. Usually some good deals on there. Love Holidays too, I think they’re basically the same company but their prices differ slightly sometimes. I found our holiday on HP but booked through Love Holidays as its was slightly cheaper.