2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice in October the flights have been changed 6 times since last March
And just booked Les Gets in France for skiing next Feb

Reactions: 2
Same with me. I asked in this thread not too many posts ago. Unless anything changes next week I’m pretty sure if your vaccinated you don’t need a test to go from uk to Greece. But to come back from Greece to the uk you need a antigen test within 48hours of the flight and then also a day 2 PCR test.

And you have to fill in a passenger locator form when going to greece

And also 14 days after second vaccjne
Test to go to the UK is 72 hours, not 48 - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...-travelling-to-england#when-to-take-your-test

Reactions: 1
Nothing planned for 2021, still waiting to be able to go home to Australia for a holiday so as soon as ScoMo opens up the borders I’ll be there - Qantas are starting flights up again Mid December. I’ve got Florida booked for next September for my birthday and Barbados booked for 2023 for my brother in laws wedding.

Me and my boyfriend would like to maybe go away in January for a week, I know the Caribbean is warm in January but where else would people recommend for like a week? Is the Canary Islands as hot as google says? Has anyone been to Cape Verde?

News today is that the con that is PCR testing when returning to the UK is due to be scrapped for double jabbed travellers from green & amber list countries.

I’m taking with a huge pinch of salt as this is the conservative government we are talking about - the one that is giving NHS staff a pay rise from their increased NI contribution 😉🙄

Reactions: 4
News today is that the con that is PCR testing when returning to the UK is due to be scrapped for double jabbed travellers from green & amber list countries.
Good. It makes zero sense. You don't even need to quarantine as you wait for results. In the end it was day 4 of our return before we got our negative results and we were just as normal living our lives!

Nothing planned for 2021, still waiting to be able to go home to Australia for a holiday so as soon as ScoMo opens up the borders I’ll be there - Qantas are starting flights up again Mid December. I’ve got Florida booked for next September for my birthday and Barbados booked for 2023 for my brother in laws wedding.

Me and my boyfriend would like to maybe go away in January for a week, I know the Caribbean is warm in January but where else would people recommend for like a week? Is the Canary Islands as hot as google says? Has anyone been to Cape Verde?
I have been to Cape Verde twice but never in January. It is meant to still be warm around then, I know someone who went for Xmas and new year.

I have been to both Sal and Boa Vista (the two main tourist islands) Sal is a lot better in my opinion.

I have spent a lot of time in Cape Verde over the winter months with work. Still very hot in January, can be a bit cloudy/windy but still warm and you still get a tan ☀ The temperature drops slightly in the evenings, but you can expect that wherever you go that time of year. Canaries are still warm but no way near as warm as Cape Verde. As someone else said, I’d recommend Sal over Boa Vista. The TUI Blue hotel is lovely ☺

Flying home from Croatia today, been a lovely change but got a bit bored the last couple of days as I'm here on my own. I want a European city break next if possible, at the beginning of December.

I’m taking with a huge pinch of salt as this is the conservative government we are talking about - the one that is giving NHS staff a pay rise from their increased NI contribution 😉🙄
They should do away with all testing requirements, doesn't make any sense any more. Covid is in every country and it's here to stay

Reactions: 6
They should do away with all testing requirements, doesn't make any sense any more. Covid is in every country and it's here to stay
quarantine hotels need doing away with too, allow people to do it home and test to release if vaccinated. Sadly to many of their chums are making money from this 😡

Reactions: 3
Flying home from Croatia today, been a lovely change but got a bit bored the last couple of days as I'm here on my own. I want a European city break next if possible, at the beginning of December.

I’m flying to Croatia on Tuesday, do you mind me asking how you found all the tests/getting in? Finding it all a bit scary but hoping it’s much simpler and easy when it actually comes down to it!

I’m flying to Croatia on Tuesday, do you mind me asking how you found all the tests/getting in? Finding it all a bit scary but hoping it’s much simpler and easy when it actually comes down to it!
It was easy, I flew from Leeds Bradford and they didn't ask to see my tests and at Croatian passport control they just asked me if I'd had a test and I said yeah and they waved be through, though you also need to fill out a form for Croatia before you travel. I took a LFT with me and took it in my hotel room a couple days before flying, had to show the result of that plus my passenger locator form whilst checking in for the return flight xx

Quick question, for your Day 2 test, how will they give you the results? Will they email it to you or do you have to go in person to collect it? This is the one thing I’m not sure about, once I am more clear on it I can start planning a London trip.

Have a wonderful time xxx
I booked my day 2 test with Collinson and got tested at St. Pancras because it was the most convenient to me. I also found a promotional code and it was £55 in the end and I got emailed the results. It was actually so easy and stress free.

And I was SHOCKED at how easy and fast everything was at the airport. No control, no one asked me anything, Gatwick was almost empty when we landed and I just used e-passport gate, no one checked my documentation or anything. It was the same on my way back, it was one of the fastest and seamless airport experiences so far, haha!

• Heart
I booked my day 2 test with Collinson and got tested at St. Pancras because it was the most convenient to me. I also found a promotional code and it was £55 in the end and I got emailed the results. It was actually so easy and stress free.

And I was SHOCKED at how easy and fast everything was at the airport. No control, no one asked me anything, Gatwick was almost empty when we landed and I just used e-passport gate, no one checked my documentation or anything. It was the same on my way back, it was one of the fastest and seamless airport experiences so far, haha!
Thanks so much for the info, that is very useful! I thought it was most likely the test centers emailing the test results would be the standard procedure but there’s been so many stupid rules that don’t make sense, I couldn’t be 100 per cent sure and didn’t wanna take a risk. But this is great to know, and will now help me a lot in my planning my UK trip yaaaaay! x

• Heart
We are going to Greece in a few weeks and I'm hoping they scrap the testing by then... I'm holding off ordering the tests until nearer the time just in case.

Reactions: 3
We are going to Greece in a few weeks and I'm hoping they scrap the testing by then... I'm holding off ordering the tests until nearer the time just in case.
Us too! Although we ordered ours through Tui (£20 each)

I'm off to Spain next week for a week. They need to bin those PCR tests I don't want to pay a fortune. I'm holding off too buying them. We come back on the 1st October

So I just added 3nights onto my holiday to avoid doing tests. I’ve got it right havent I that if I come back on 4th October I won’t have to test? From greece

I have 2 weeks off end of Nov/beginning of Dec I'm thinking about booking a few nights in either Copenhagen or Krakow but can't decide between them. Anyone been to both and which did you prefer?

So I just added 3nights onto my holiday to avoid doing tests. I’ve got it right havent I that if I come back on 4th October I won’t have to test? From greece
Unfortunately not, it only comes into effect end of October. 😔I've just booked my day 2 pcr for the 1st. Gutted.