2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been to Sharm el Sheikh since the ban there was lifted last year (pre covid)? I’m currently booked to go to Dominican Rep. in February but thinking of changing to Sharm in November instead.

If you have been, did you feel safe? I work for an airline so at work we have to be super vigilant on Egypt flights, but I’ve never been there on holiday and that’s the main thing stopping me from changing my holiday at the minute. 😬

Booked for Copenhagen for 1st December for 3 nights. Flights only £39 and booked cancellable hotel. I decided on Copenhagen as I'll be going on my own and seems more suited to solo travellers x
This is awesome, we haven’t done ours yet. At some point we were contemplating Stockholm vs Copenhagen but the flight time from London is terrible.

We’ve had a nightmare with Aer Lingus, we booked NYC with them pre Covid. Now my voucher is about to expire so we’ve had to book again for Feb. If it doesn’t go ahead we can get another voucher. My trip has been cancelled that many times, I don’t even fancy going anymore 😂 I just refuse to waste the money and they won’t give a refund

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We've just returned from Tenerife and it was so good to be away - the weather was incredible, so hot and not a drop of rain.

We're hoping for Italy in a month or two as well.

Reactions: 7
We've just returned from Tenerife and it was so good to be away - the weather was incredible, so hot and not a drop of rain.

We're hoping for Italy in a month or two as well.
I'm off to Tenerife Friday can't wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm off to Tenerife Friday can't wait!
Oh have fun! It is quite busy out there and their cases are dropping so I think restrictions are continuing to lift (the main area this is around though now is nightlife just as everything feels pretty normal). The water park (Siam) honestly felt like any other holiday I've taken as a teen to Spain as it was so so busy.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone been to Sharm el Sheikh since the ban there was lifted last year (pre covid)? I’m currently booked to go to Dominican Rep. in February but thinking of changing to Sharm in November instead.

If you have been, did you feel safe? I work for an airline so at work we have to be super vigilant on Egypt flights, but I’ve never been there on holiday and that’s the main thing stopping me from changing my holiday at the minute. 😬
We’re considering booking Dom Rep for January time! Why are you thinking of changing?

Not recently but I've been to both and would stick with Dom Rep if it was my choice!

Reactions: 1
Oh have fun! It is quite busy out there and their cases are dropping so I think restrictions are continuing to lift (the main area this is around though now is nightlife just as everything feels pretty normal). The water park (Siam) honestly felt like any other holiday I've taken as a teen to Spain as it was so so busy.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the little update. Need a little bit of normality mixed with some sunny weather! Really want to go to Siam Park as well!

Reactions: 2
Not recently but I've been to both and would stick with Dom Rep if it was my choice!
We’d love to stick to Dom Rep but what with it being on the red list still and I have been on furlough since the start of the pandemic and only just gone back to work it’s also the cost 😫

We’re considering booking Dom Rep for January time! Why are you thinking of changing?
1- because it’s still on the red list and what with final payment looming we’d rather just know for definite if we were going or not due to booking leave etc

2- I’ve been on furlough since the pandemic and I’ve only gone back to work within the last month, so the cost is also playing a part in considering changing, else believe me we wouldn’t be 😫

• Sad
We’d love to stick to Dom Rep but what with it being on the red list still and I have been on furlough since the start of the pandemic and only just gone back to work it’s also the cost 😫

1- because it’s still on the red list and what with final payment looming we’d rather just know for definite if we were going or not due to booking leave etc

2- I’ve been on furlough since the pandemic and I’ve only gone back to work within the last month, so the cost is also playing a part in considering changing, else believe me we wouldn’t be 😫
Ah I see!! I was just curious as to whether it was anything else like not preferring Dom Rep as often have heard mixed things so I’ve never really considered it till recently. I hope you get to go on holiday either way 🤍💙
ooooo I am considering booking Dom Rep. Is there anywhere you’d recommend to stay? Any things to do outside of resort you’d recommend too or is it very much a place suitable for staying on your resort really?

ooooo I am considering booking Dom Rep. Is there anywhere you’d recommend to stay? Any things to do outside of resort you’d recommend too or is it very much a place suitable for staying on your resort really?
We stayed in Riu Bambu which was really nice, in Punta Cana, but it was in 2016 that I went. I personally would avoid going out of your hotel other than on excursions but I'm sure it's safe enough x

We just got back on Friday past from Benidorm! No judgement. Went with family, went to some lovely bars, had lots of laughs and it was great. Can't wait to go back! We have now booked Barbados for January all being well x

Hi I was wondering how you will prove your double jabbed to go on holiday, not to derail but my Covid denier neighbours (who are into everything) and refused jabs are now saying they have paid £50 for a ‘fake letter’.
Surely it’s going to be electronic as there is going to be so much room for fraud, sorry for the rant I’m so angry listening to what they have said 🤬

We just got back on Friday past from Benidorm! No judgement. Went with family, went to some lovely bars, had lots of laughs and it was great. Can't wait to go back! We have now booked Barbados for January all being well x
Had my hen do in Benidorm, loved it from start to finish! It’s great and so much fun

Hi I was wondering how you will prove your double jabbed to go on holiday, not to derail but my Covid denier neighbours (who are into everything) and refused jabs are now saying they have paid £50 for a ‘fake letter’.
Surely it’s going to be electronic as there is going to be so much room for fraud, sorry for the rant I’m so angry listening to what they have said 🤬
Even if they do fake it their travel insurance would be invalid if they needed any medical help - so good luck with that one 😂

Reactions: 1
That is ridiculous. You have to show a QR code generated by the NHS app. I think if you aren’t double jabbed you have to show a negative PCR which also has a digital code on it which you submit to each country before you go. It’s just hugely risky to try and fake it. Hopefully they get caught 🙄

I haven't been anywhere that has scanned it yet however - we flew from and back into Dublin to travel to Spain and they are only doing spot checks (EU has much more open borders than travel into and out of UK). In Spain they made a photocopy of the vaccine cert at my hotel but again didn't scan the QR code.

In saying that, I pre uploaded all my covid paperwork with ryanair so they could have been checking it more formally and I just didn't know!