2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't been anywhere that has scanned it yet however - we flew from and back into Dublin to travel to Spain and they are only doing spot checks (EU has much more open borders than travel into and out of UK). In Spain they made a photocopy of the vaccine cert at my hotel but again didn't scan the QR code.

In saying that, I pre uploaded all my covid paperwork with ryanair so they could have been checking it more formally and I just didn't know!
When we flew to and from Spain you also had to attach your vaccination code to the locator form. I just really wouldn’t take the risk of a faked document.

Reactions: 2
When we flew to and from Spain you also had to attach your vaccination code to the locator form. I just really wouldn’t take the risk of a faked document.
Thats right, you did. I forgot about that. And then they scan the QR code on that form.

I feel like this has bothered me more than the drivel they have been spouting these last 18 months. I pray it is all electronic and there is no room for frauds but apparently there is talk of a letter on the government website!?
Fingers crossed they get caught, not just them but anybody doing this. As for travel insurance being invalid they probably don’t even take it out 🙄

Reactions: 1
I feel like this has bothered me more than the drivel they have been spouting these last 18 months. I pray it is all electronic and there is no room for frauds but apparently there is talk of a letter on the government website!?
Fingers crossed they get caught, not just them but anybody doing this. As for travel insurance being invalid they probably don’t even take it out 🙄
There are many places that really don't f**k around when it comes to travel documents so if they want to mess around with fake docs that is up to them.

But just try not to think about it. People will do what they want to and should they get caught, endure the consequences of that. As long as you know you've made the right decisions for yourself and your loved ones, thats the best you can do really.

Reactions: 4
I'm looking to go on a short European break in October - somewhere where I can stay in a bit of a bougee hotel, a place that is easy to get around without hiring a car and has nice weather at that time of year i.e. hot enough to sit by a pool/on the beach. I was looking at Malta but I've heard mixed things about it - has anyone been and can recommend it? I was looking at Greece, but think I'd like a full week rather than just a few days and after Covid - I'm really tempted to try somewhere new. Perhaps Palma in Menorca? Obviously it would need to be somewhere which is letting UK residents in without the need of quarantining!

Similarly, I'd love to maximise my annual leave between Christmas and spend New Years Eve abroad - I was thinking Mexico, but would that be too ambitious for 7 days? I really like the idea of spending new years on a beach somewhere warm. Or maybe I'll just settle for a wintery European break!

Yay for travel!

I'm looking to go on a short European break in October - somewhere where I can stay in a bit of a bougee hotel, a place that is easy to get around without hiring a car and has nice weather at that time of year i.e. hot enough to sit by a pool/on the beach. I was looking at Malta but I've heard mixed things about it - has anyone been and can recommend it? I was looking at Greece, but think I'd like a full week rather than just a few days and after Covid - I'm really tempted to try somewhere new. Perhaps Palma in Menorca? Obviously it would need to be somewhere which is letting UK residents in without the need of quarantining!

Similarly, I'd love to maximise my annual leave between Christmas and spend New Years Eve abroad - I was thinking Mexico, but would that be too ambitious for 7 days? I really like the idea of spending new years on a beach somewhere warm. Or maybe I'll just settle for a wintery European break!

Yay for travel!
Palma is in Majorca which is a bit bigger. Menorca is a lovely island but I’d say you probably want a car unless you’re happy to stay in one spot for the whole time. However Ciutadella is a gorgeous town with a harbour and restaurants and a lot of the apartment blocks have pools to relax by and you could stay there. Not sure the weather would be good enough in October though.
For sunshine in October I’d recommend:

Dubai (not for everyone, but 7 hour flight and guaranteed heat)
I’ve been to Malta and did like it, you’d get good sunshine but also not too hot to do some sightseeing. You can also get around easily by bus.
Morocco (Essaouira is a cool surf town - not sure on Covid issues though)
Southern Spain (Cadiz/Seville)
Croatia (Dubrovnik)

Palma is in Majorca which is a bit bigger. Menorca is a lovely island but I’d say you probably want a car unless you’re happy to stay in one spot for the whole time. However Ciutadella is a gorgeous town with a harbour and restaurants and a lot of the apartment blocks have pools to relax by and you could stay there. Not sure the weather would be good enough in October though.
For sunshine in October I’d recommend:

Dubai (not for everyone, but 7 hour flight and guaranteed heat)
I’ve been to Malta and did like it, you’d get good sunshine but also not too hot to do some sightseeing. You can also get around easily by bus.
Morocco (Essaouira is a cool surf town - not sure on Covid issues though)
Southern Spain (Cadiz/Seville)
Croatia (Dubrovnik)
I vote Seville for a autumn break. We went to Granada, Cordoba and Seville for 9 days, absolutely beautiful

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Yay for travel!
I second Croatia, particularly Dubrovnik. Beautiful hotels on the Lapad Peninsula which is only a short bus ride away from Dubrovnik main centre. We visited end of Sept a few years and ago and it was still warm, we lay by the pool, went to the beach etc. The South of Spain will still be warm in October too, south of Italy (around Sorrento and Amalfi Coast) is lovely but sometimes not hot enough to really properly sun bathe unless you get very fortunate with the weather.

For Christmas, I think Mexico for 7 days is fine but its currently red list. What about somewhere in the Caribbean? My top recommendation for Christmas is SE Asia particularly Thailand but again red list and a very long flight for only 7 days.

Yay for travel!
I’ve done Mexico for 7 days for new year and I’ve even gone as far as Thailand for 7 days over New Years and never felt rushed or that the travel was too much. It’s something me and my husband did every year before we had our daughter. My job is manic in December so for me there was nothing better than sitting on a beach for a week after the Christmas rush. You can’t beat that feeling of getting on a plane in freezing weather and getting off in blazing sun.

I’ve just booked Marrakesh in November and I’m hoping we can have a few days sunbathing in between sight seeing. There is currently a 9pm curfew for bars and restaurants though but that won’t be an issue for me as I’m travelling with a two year old.

I booked La Palma for next month. Going to see if I can change it for somewhere else.

• Wow
I booked La Palma for next month. Going to see if I can change it for somewhere else.
Do you know, when we were in Tenerife we got a tour of Teide and the guide mentioned there hadn't been an eruption on Teide in however many years but one was due. The very next day the news started coming through about the activity on La Palma.

Do you know, when we were in Tenerife we got a tour of Teide and the guide mentioned there hadn't been an eruption on Teide in however many years but one was due. The very next day the news started coming through about the activity on La Palma.
I’ve been watching everything since it went on the yellow warning. Was so looking forward to going there as it’s one of the greenest islands and would definitely have visited the volcano.
We used to go up to Teide quite a bit when one of the little Moes was into Astro photography. I would get so creeped out being up there in the middle of the night. It was so silent and eerie.
You timed your holiday well.

Hi all, due to go to lanzarote in November and really looking forward to it but honestly the main thing worrying me is the seatbelts on the flight. We are flying with Ryanair and I know Iv put on quite a bit of weight since I last flew especially since covid .. I am convinced the seatbelt won’t fit me. I’d be about a size 18/20 now when before I would have been 16. It’s really worrying me to the point I want to cancel the holiday

Hi all, due to go to lanzarote in November and really looking forward to it but honestly the main thing worrying me is the seatbelts on the flight. We are flying with Ryanair and I know Iv put on quite a bit of weight since I last flew especially since covid .. I am convinced the seatbelt won’t fit me. I’d be about a size 18/20 now when before I would have been 16. It’s really worrying me to the point I want to cancel the holiday
Do not let this stop you from going on your holiday ❤ I work as cabin crew and believe me there are people way bigger than a size 18-20 that can get the seatbelt on. Even if you have to ask for an extension, you won’t be alone, I get asked on most flights for an extension. No one will bat an eyelid if you do have to have one, chances are no one else will even notice. Whenever I get asked I always try to be super discrete so hopefully if you do have to ask one, the crew will be the same with you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ryanair seats are tight (due to thick armrests!) but the seatbelts are generally a good size. Honestly you’ll be fine at a size 20. Ive flown with them at a size 22 and it was fine - and even if you do need an extender, ask the steward and they will discretely hand you one. Enjoy your holiday!

I’m a 20 and all my weight is carried around my belly hips and back 😂 I chew everytime I fly with Ryan air and have yet to need an extension. So don’t worry, even if you do need one just ask. Have a nice holiday!

Reactions: 3
Thanks so much !! This is really reassuring, I think I’m just getting myself worked up over it and overthinking it , hopefully it will all work out ok xx
Do not let this stop you from going on your holiday ❤ I work as cabin crew and believe me there are people way bigger than a size 18-20 that can get the seatbelt on. Even if you have to ask for an extension, you won’t be alone, I get asked on most flights for an extension. No one will bat an eyelid if you do have to have one, chances are no one else will even notice. Whenever I get asked I always try to be super discrete so hopefully if you do have to ask one, the crew will be the same with you. X
I hope I’ll be ok !! I was super excited for the holiday then I got these thoughts and it’s all I can think about now 💔
Ryanair seats are tight (due to thick armrests!) but the seatbelts are generally a good size. Honestly you’ll be fine at a size 20. Ive flown with them at a size 22 and it was fine - and even if you do need an extender, ask the steward and they will discretely hand you one. Enjoy your holiday!
I would be the same where I carry my weight so I am freaking out but hopefully it will all work out , looking forward to some heat though !!🌞
I’m a 20 and all my weight is carried around my belly hips and back 😂 I chew everytime I fly with Ryan air and have yet to need an extension. So don’t worry, even if you do need one just ask. Have a nice holiday!

• Heart
I vote Seville for a autumn break. We went to Granada, Cordoba and Seville for 9 days, absolutely beautiful
Heading to Spain next week for 3 weeks, them places are on our places to visit. Any tips would be lovely!

Booked for Copenhagen for 1st December for 3 nights. Flights only £39 and booked cancellable hotel. I decided on Copenhagen as I'll be going on my own and seems more suited to solo travellers x
We are looking at booking Copenhagen for the end of this month! Am I right that you just need proof of double vaccination to go? (No other forms?) And passenger locator forms and day 2 test when returning?

Day 2 testing on arrival back to the UK is due to change (from PCR to lateral flow) at the end of the month so keep an eye out for that! 🥳