2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, due to go to lanzarote in November and really looking forward to it but honestly the main thing worrying me is the seatbelts on the flight. We are flying with Ryanair and I know Iv put on quite a bit of weight since I last flew especially since covid .. I am convinced the seatbelt won’t fit me. I’d be about a size 18/20 now when before I would have been 16. It’s really worrying me to the point I want to cancel the holiday
Don't worry at all. I am a size 24 atm and have recently flown with both Ryainair and Jet2. I still had a good 3 inches excess on the seat belt so you will be absoluuuuuutely fine 😁

Reactions: 2
Went to Kos last week and had an amazing time! Felt very safe 🥰

Reactions: 7
Thanks so much for the reply, didn’t cancel so far even though I came quite close !! Hopefully it will be ok 😁
Don't worry at all. I am a size 24 atm and have recently flown with both Ryainair and Jet2. I still had a good 3 inches excess on the seat belt so you will be absoluuuuuutely fine 😁

I’m looking at holidays for next year. How does layover flights work with covid? If I fly from uk to Jordan with a layover in Germany, do I look at the entering requirements from the UK or Germany?

I’m looking at holidays for next year. How does layover flights work with covid? If I fly from uk to Jordan with a layover in Germany, do I look at the entering requirements from the UK or Germany?
Not sure exactly but just came from Dubai where the rules were even if you were just transiting through the UAE you had to follow their entry requirements - so I’d see what Germany and Jordan ask for.

Reactions: 1
Not sure exactly but just came from Dubai where the rules were even if you were just transiting through the UAE you had to follow their entry requirements - so I’d see what Germany and Jordan ask for.
Thank you! I’m probably going to go in September so ages away yet anyway. I think I’ll just pay the extra to have my layover in London (Manchester to London to Jordan) will make it less confusing

Looking for recommendations! I want to book a European city break beginning of January can anyone throw a few ideas at me I don’t care about the cold as long as there’s things to see and do, I’m more of a beach person but just want a nice winter break after Christmas, we’ve done Budapest which was beautiful also need to think if we need antigen tests to enter the country and getting them back in time as we are looking at January 4th

Looking for recommendations! I want to book a European city break beginning of January can anyone throw a few ideas at me I don’t care about the cold as long as there’s things to see and do, I’m more of a beach person but just want a nice winter break after Christmas, we’ve done Budapest which was beautiful also need to think if we need antigen tests to enter the country and getting them back in time as we are looking at January 4th
Amsterdam :)

Lisbon is a great place to go and it can just about creep to being warm enough to wear a T-shirt in the sun.

If you're craving sun though, then the Canaries are perfect and normally very cheap in January.

Amsterdam :)
Nice if you're happy with a "SHOW YOUR PAPERS" culture.....

Rome is great for a city break, loads to see and do and easy to walk around. Can be bitterly cold in winter though. Florence is also stunning (most of Italy is IMO!) Amsterdam, Barcelona, Prague, Berlin so many options!

I’d go for Berlin or Rome. Both gorgeous and so easy to walk around with great transport too. They will both be super cold but if you wrap up it’ll be lovely!

I would recommend Berlin. it's cold but it's so easy to get around and there's such a rich history that is legit just out on the streets so it's quite cheap in that sense. Transport is brilliant as they have underground (U-bahn) and overground (s-bahn). It's also really easy to get to other cities like Potsdam, Leipzig, Dresden via the train. Wannsee is south Berlin and has a man made beach which is pretty cool.

Amsterdam or Prague 🥰

I would recommend Berlin I’ve been 7 times and going again in a few weeks, along with Budapest it’s one of my favourite cities so laidback and just got a great vibe, doesn’t matter which area you stay as the transport links are great so as long as you are near a subway or rail station.

Prague is also a really great city nice and cheap and easy to get around.

Warsaw in Poland is good I would recommend that over Krakow.

I wouldn’t bother with Amsterdam it’s nice enough but there’s better city’s where you can get a lot more for your money

Reactions: 2
A few alternatives to the popular European cities, and some a little further afield if you don't mind a little extra travel:

Thessaloniki, Greece.
Syracuse, Sicily
Tbilisi, Georgia
Talinn, Estonia
Annecy, France
Nicosia, Cyprus
Kiev, Ukraine
Istanbul, Turkey
Lucerne, Switzerland

My pick would be Istanbul. I'd even advise visiting Moscow, but for that you'd need to sort out a Russian travel visa, which is a bit of a ball ache if you just want to hop on a plane and get away last minute.

Hi all, due to go to lanzarote in November and really looking forward to it but honestly the main thing worrying me is the seatbelts on the flight. We are flying with Ryanair and I know Iv put on quite a bit of weight since I last flew especially since covid .. I am convinced the seatbelt won’t fit me. I’d be about a size 18/20 now when before I would have been 16. It’s really worrying me to the point I want to cancel the holiday
There’s no reason why it shouldn’t, I’m a size 18 and it’s fine, but they can give you an extender on the belt and they do it so discreetly,

Black Friday deals making me want to book the Philippines for November but not sure if it’s too risky still with covid and if I should just book Greece instead 🤔