2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not even sure Portugal are letting people in at the moment? It says on the FCO page at the moment that they’re only letting people in for essential reasons. Perhaps will be updated before 17th.

Reactions: 1
Im not cancelling mine . .
Im waiting ( and hopeful 🤞) for better news

Reactions: 2
Im not cancelling mine . .
Im waiting ( and hopeful 🤞) for better news
Where is it to? And when?

I wouldn’t have cancelled mine either if it was a few months down the line, but it’s on May 17th ☹ And UAE is still red list

Our province opens vaccines to everyone from Monday, I can't wait so maybe a vacation will be more likely. If the US-Canada border finally reopens, I would LOVE to go to New York in Autumn. We did a road trip in Southern California a few years ago and it was brill. Would love to do the East Coast...New York, Connecticut, Massachusets (Boston/Salem), Rhode Island. Would love to go to DC too.

The so-called "Green list" just shows that Boris has gone stark raving bonkers. He is on a one man mission to totally **** the UK it would seem.

Reactions: 3
Where is it to? And when?

I wouldn’t have cancelled mine either if it was a few months down the line, but it’s on May 17th ☹ And UAE is still red list
Cyprus. . End of July

So sorry you've had to cancel

• Heart
Nope, the list is
  • Australia
  • Brunei
  • Faroe Islands
  • Falkland Islands
  • Gibraltar
  • Iceland
  • Israel
  • New Zealand
  • Portugal including Madeira and Azores
  • Singapore
It's quite limited lol If I was British, I would probably stay in the UK.

Reactions: 5
It's quite limited lol If I was British, I would probably stay in the UK.
Yup, I gave up months ago - got staycations booked instead not worth the uncertainty

Last edited:
Yup, I have up months ago - got staycations booked instead not worth the uncertainty
Me too. 3 staycations booked and looking forward to them. Even if weather not great, it will be good to have a change of scenery from these 4 walls !

Reactions: 5
Tui/First choice are not offering cancellation or free amendments for amber zone countries?!

wish it was a bit more clearer to what they’ll do as opposed to expecting people to holiday in amber zones

Tui/First choice are not offering cancellation or free amendments for amber zone countries?!

wish it was a bit more clearer to what they’ll do as opposed to expecting people to holiday in amber zones
Thats strange as I thought they weren't doing holidays where you have to quarantine on return and you do with amber countries?!

ETA thats a poor move on their part in my opinion. But I can see that they must be desperate for money and bookings to go ahead.

Just been looking at their stories in IG and it does seem like if you are going in the next 4 months you can amend free of charge

Screenshot_20210508-130902_Instagram.jpg

Thats strange as I thought they weren't doing holidays where you have to quarantine on return and you do with amber countries?!
I thought this. Unless they do as they did last year and wait until a week before specific dates and cancel?

it’s stating on the app only red countries or IF a amber country goes into red can you amend for free or cancel. But on the amber countries it’s simply following the countries rules but nothing about Free amendment or cancelling.

I thought this. Unless they do as they did last year and wait until a week before specific dates and cancel?

it’s stating on the app only red countries or IF a amber country goes into red can you amend for free or cancel. But on the amber countries it’s simply following the countries rules but nothing about Free amendment or cancelling.
Just edited my post but their IG stories says if your travelling in June, July or August you can amend free of charge
Screenshot_20210508-130902_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
I amended a tui holiday for august last weekend before this system was in place, moved to 2022 no questions asked over where we were going originally