2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how you can go on the Tui website right now and book a holiday leaving even tomorrow or Saturday. Are people still booking? Are the flights going? What happens if you book and turn up at the airport? I’m not going to but I’m just wondering how they’re still selling them and if anyone is trying.
Many, many people are still booking. Flights to certain amber destinations are still going. You book and turn up at the airport, then providing you have got all of the correct documentation, then you go on your holiday:)

Reactions: 3
Many, many people are still booking. Flights to certain amber destinations are still going. You book and turn up at the airport, then providing you have got all of the correct documentation, then you go on your holiday:)
Oh! 😧 it’s so confusing, I hope anyone who does get away manages to have a lovely and safe time!

Rich pensioners/retired people can go all over as they won't be phased by quarantining

Reactions: 6
To be fair if your working from home and have no kids the quarantine part would be fine!

I WFH and have no kids - the main thing that puts me off amber list holidays is most of the destinations are still 'no non essential travel' for FCDO guidance so travel insurance is invalidated. There are companies who will insure anyway but they are quite rare and tend to cost a bit more.

Reactions: 4
I think that anywhere Tui is accepting bookings for is ok with the FDCO

I think that anywhere Tui is accepting bookings for is ok with the FDCO
Definitely not. One of the main places we have our eye on is Mexico which is amber. TUI is selling holidays to it and has this
1623231408735.png

Reactions: 1
Definitely not. One of the main places we have our eye on is Mexico which is amber. TUI is selling holidays to it and has this View attachment 609725
Oh! Sorry I only looked at the Greek Islands and made the assumption. What a shambles it is, why does it need to be so confusing 🙄 I’m surprised Tui are doing that tbh. All I want is a holiday but it just all feels really risky 😬

Reactions: 2
Oh! Sorry I only looked at the Greek Islands and made the assumption. What a shambles it is, why does it need to be so confusing 🙄 I’m surprised Tui are doing that tbh. All I want is a holiday but it just all feels really risky 😬
The whole thing is incredibly confusing I agree! Total mess and so risky. My huge fear of going to amber list (or anywhere tbh) is doing the test to get back home and having it be positive and then having to quarantine abroad.

The whole thing is incredibly confusing I agree! Total mess and so risky. My huge fear of going to amber list (or anywhere tbh) is doing the test to get back home and having it be positive and then having to quarantine abroad.
Same. Or someone else on your flight or coach testing positive at some point. Also not sure what kind of holiday you would have when you get over there. Or the country you book to go to changing its mind about letting people from the UK in. Think I will have to buy a paddling pool this year and make do 😭

I have a wedding to attend in Greece early August I've not booked it. I honestly can't see if happening

• Sad
I think Spain, Portugal and other Spanish Islands will be open mid / late august ... greece, Cyprus , turkey , not so much ,just a hunch tho
I’ve been double vaccinated but still not taking chances .. I do like to think I’d have a long weekend abroad in Spain perhaps later this year

I think Spain, Portugal and other Spanish Islands will be open mid / late august ... greece, Cyprus , turkey , not so much ,just a hunch tho
I’ve been double vaccinated but still not taking chances .. I do like to think I’d have a long weekend abroad in Spain perhaps later this year
I know Spain is now open to all vaccinated people of the world except from 3 countries (India, Brasil, South Africa) without PCR test anymore. If not vaccinated, you will need an antigen or PCR test or a medical certificate stating you had covid (and are still protected).
The only possible problem for Brits is the mandatory quarantine when you're back from your holidays.

Reactions: 2
Europe is gearing up to enjoy freedom of movement and travel, unrestricted if fully vaccinated whilst here in the UK we are still treated like kids by our government. Only 1.5% of holiday makers from Portugal tested positive yet we put it back in Amber meaning only those who have time and money can go away.

The travel industry is being sabotaged by our government, yesterday Stobart Air called in liquidaters so more jobs lost, disgusting 😡Yet Lufthansa is using 747’s to meet demand. Families have been part for too long now.

We’ve been conditioned to fear movement and travel (even I was in the beginning) way I don’t know. Given most countries are now getting back to normality there is no great reset. We can’t keep going on like this, we can’t stop every time there is a new variant and we can’t let an industry that so many rely on to live fall on its knees 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Whilst Europe is gearing up to enjoy freedom of movement and travel, unrestricted if fully vaccinated whilst here in the UK we are still treated like kids by our government. Only 1.5% of holiday makers from Portugal tested positive yet we put it back in Amber meaning only those who have time and money can go away.

The travel industry is being sabotaged by our government, yesterday Stobart Air called in liquidaters so more jobs lost, disgusting 😡Yet Lufthansa is using 747’s to meet demand. Families have been part for too long now.

We’ve been conditioned to fear movement and travel (even I was in the beginning) way I don’t know. Given most countries are now getting back to normality there is no great reset. We can’t keep going on like this, we can’t stop every time there is a new variant and we can’t let an industry that so many rely on to live 😡
I agree!! I work in the industry and to say we are all worried is an understatement, I wish more people like you understood! We need to get back to normality with travel 😢

• Heart
I agree!! I work in the industry and to say we are all worried is an understatement, I wish more people like you understood! We need to get back to normality with travel 😢
I used to and I have friends who still do. Looking at photos and videos from the G7 where they’re all up close after flying in from various countries is sickening. The cost of tests here in the UK is a f’ing joke when it’s free in France or €39 in Germany for example. I really feel for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know Spain is now open to all vaccinated people of the world except from 3 countries (India, Brasil, South Africa) without PCR test anymore. If not vaccinated, you will need an antigen or PCR test or a medical certificate stating you had covid (and are still protected).
The only possible problem for Brits is the mandatory quarantine when you're back from your holidays.
So I can have a 3/4 night break ? ,..that’s fab news ! ..

I honestly can't see travel opening up now until at least September - they won't want a massive surge of families booking in the school holidays.

Reactions: 4