2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honestly pretty excited at the prospect of a UK/Ireland holiday just for the spring/summer.

I will be gutted if I don't get to travel for my birthday in the late autumn though, was hoping for somewhere relatively long haul.

Reactions: 2
I am feeling more and more like my holiday isn't going to go ahead!

I am feeling more and more like my holiday isn't going to go ahead!
Same. It is what it is. But it’s just the not knowing being able to just be left hanging.

Tui emailed regarding mine over July stating they can give you a weeks notice whether you’ll go or not.

Tried looking for places in England but the prices are quite expensive For such a short stay!

Reactions: 3
We have moved our cancelled 2020 holiday to the same time this year. Greece in September so I'm really hoping it goes ahead. I know there are much bigger issues in the world, but I really need this holiday and I'll be devastated if it doesn't go ahead.

Reactions: 5
Same. It is what it is. But it’s just the not knowing being able to just be left hanging.

Tui emailed regarding mine over July stating they can give you a weeks notice whether you’ll go or not.

Tried looking for places in England but the prices are quite expensive For such a short stay!
Try air bnb - I’ve booked 2 holidays on their real cheap

Reactions: 1

Got everything crossed for you - and all of us!

UK breaks have always been expensive in my opinion. And companies have put the price up this year because of covid.

Whenever me and my husband have done UK breaks we tend to stay in Premier inns or Best Western's. You can trade tesco club card vouchers in for some Best Western's so that brings the cost down a lot.

We treat the room purely as a base to sleep and only have breakfast at the hotel, otherwise we are all out day and most of the night (pre-covid)

Otherwise I find £600+ for 4 nights, which seems to be low for some areas, ridiculous

I have extremely optimistic plans for this year haha.

I spent 10 days in Rome last month which was amazing and we're planning a trip to Amalfi coast in May (or as soon as Campania opens up again).

For my 30th in june we'll be sailing in Croatia, already have that booked and I'm pretty sure there won't be problems with that, then I NEEEEED to go to London as soon as it will be possible (2020 was the first year after more than 10 years when I didn't go and it broke my heart because it's my favourite place in the world), so hopefully this will happen this summer.

And I also hope we'll be able to go to Japan this year - we had to cancel it last march so if things get a little bit better we're planning that for september.

🤞🤞🤞

No holiday abroad this year waiting for refund from easyJet. Live at the beach in Dorset so having a staycation & camping with some mates up the road in August £200 for 7 nights.
That's a good price, do you mind saying where you're staying?

I went a bit mad when Boz announced the roadmap out of this hellish existence and booked so much!

There is a lovely country park type holiday park an hour from us that has lodges with hot tubs, so we booked there for the the long bank holiday weekend at end of April.
Week in Lanzarote booked for September
Week Great Yarmouth with our god-daughters in October
And then we went a bit OTT And booked 10 days all inclusive 5 star in Turkey for next April. It was actually a total bargain - £440 each!

I can't decide which I am most excited about!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have extremely optimistic plans for this year haha.

I spent 10 days in Rome last month which was amazing and we're planning a trip to Amalfi coast in May (or as soon as Campania opens up again).

For my 30th in june we'll be sailing in Croatia, already have that booked and I'm pretty sure there won't be problems with that, then I NEEEEED to go to London as soon as it will be possible (2020 was the first year after more than 10 years when I didn't go and it broke my heart because it's my favourite place in the world), so hopefully this will happen this summer.

And I also hope we'll be able to go to Japan this year - we had to cancel it last march so if things get a little bit better we're planning that for september.

🤞🤞🤞
You don't live in Britain, do you?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think I’m gonna just look into a staycation instead now. If there’s anywhere left 😂 Does anyone have any recommendations for a family of 4 with a 5 and 7 year old? Anywhere in the UK I am willing to travel to wherever I can!

I think I’m gonna just look into a staycation instead now. If there’s anywhere left 😂 Does anyone have any recommendations for a family of 4 with a 5 and 7 year old? Anywhere in the UK I am willing to travel to wherever I can!
Lakes district is really cheap on air bnb
I just booked for a week there in June for £375

Still hovering over the book button for NY at Christmas. Given America are also doing well with vaccination I don’t think it’s impossible but think I will wait a few more months and see where we are.

I'm off to london for my birthday. My friends fella runs a pub in London, we are not going there tho 🤣🤣🙏 king of prussia she wants to try .. regent's park I think PLUS its next door to a travel lodge so pub and travel lodge it is !! Its only one night but I cant be more excited