2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hoping to book a little getaway in October to either Spain or Greece!

A bit nervous about having to get a PCR whilst out there to come back to the UK. Has anyone had to do this? Has it been easy?

Reactions: 1
I don’t see the point of a “holiday” at this point in time, you have to get jabbed, wear masks and then quarantine. It’s hardly relaxing imo, better off saving money and going camping in the countryside with loved ones. Make the most of the nice weather we’re having lol.
IMO camping is not relaxing in the slightest.

Good for you all getting away. I am counting down days to our holiday in March.

Reactions: 4
Hoping to book a little getaway in October to either Spain or Greece!

A bit nervous about having to get a PCR whilst out there to come back to the UK. Has anyone had to do this? Has it been easy?
I’ve just come back from Spain and you can order the tests online to take out with you. You just do them at home and no more than 72hrs before you arrive in the Uk. Me and my partner did ours and we had the results and the fit to fly to return to Uk within 12hrs. They were about £29 each x

I’ve just come back from Spain and you can order the tests online to take out with you. You just do them at home and no more than 72hrs before you arrive in the Uk. Me and my partner did ours and we had the results and the fit to fly to return to Uk within 12hrs. They were about £29 each x
Ah amazing! Could you tell me what website you ordered from?

I would rather stay at home than camp 😂

Too much like hard work, no sleep and people near me 😅

Reactions: 7
So our Covid holiday to Crete was a roaring success, we are back tanned, relaxed and happy. Apart from the added bit of admin to go and come back it was absolutely wonderful! (Tests and plf checked Greece side to come home but no checks at all getting back into England) Hotel we stayed at had a mask and glove policy in the buffet restaurants and I’d paid extra for a private shared pool so we had allocated sun beds. To be honest I felt a million times safer over there than here.. for anyone worried don’t be ☺ Can’t see that they’ll put such popular holiday hotspots like Spain and Greece on the red list as there simply wouldn’t be enough quarantine hotels to put everyone in that are currently abroad.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So our Covid holiday to Crete was a roaring success, we are back tanned, relaxed and happy. Apart from the added bit of admin to go and come back it was absolutely wonderful! (Tests and plf checked Greece side to come home but no checks at all getting back into England) Hotel we stayed at had a mask and glove policy in the buffet restaurants and I’d paid extra for a private shared pool so we had allocated sun beds. To be honest I felt a million times safer over there than here.. for anyone worried don’t be ☺ Can’t see that they’ll put such popular holiday hotspots like Spain and Greece on the red list as there simply wouldn’t be enough quarantine hotels to put everyone in that are currently abroad.
And they won’t put them green either because Wankcocks landlord will loose money😒 testing is the biggest con going.

Reactions: 2
Italy stopping hotel quarantine for people from the UK. Looks like there’s where I’ll be going but there’s a list update the week before I’ll be going in September, so not sure whether to wait until then to book 🤔

Reactions: 3
Booked a holiday for October, in Kos. Fingers crossed we can still get there and hopefully our US trip for the same time gets cancelled!

Reactions: 3
Have just come back from France, a few days in Paris and some time in the Champagne region. All very quiet and relaxed and so easy! You need to show that you’ve tested in the last 48hrs or double jabbed at restaurants etc, but no issues at all we just uploaded our nhs vaccine certificates onto the French Covid app. There were literally testing tents all up the Champ-Elysees. It was so quiet and felt much safer than Cornwall did a couple of months ago!

Have just come back from France, a few days in Paris and some time in the Champagne region. All very quiet and relaxed and so easy! You need to show that you’ve tested in the last 48hrs or double jabbed at restaurants etc, but no issues at all we just uploaded our nhs vaccine certificates onto the French Covid app. There were literally testing tents all up the Champ-Elysees. It was so quiet and felt much safer than Cornwall did a couple of months ago!
You also have little testing tents everywhere in the rest of Paris, next to each pharmacy they belong.
As for the test, it's less than 24h now (if you are not fully vaccinated or for non vaccinated kids of 12 +).

I traveled back to Paris from Spain yesterday but we had a (very nice) day stop in Geneva, Switzerland is not in the EU but is in the Schengen space so there were just Covid control by the airline before when checking the boarding pass and identity cards, nothing at the arrival.
When we took the flight to Paris in the evening, the airline also checked briefly and that was it.

Last edited:
I wish they had kept the amber watchlist. Surely better to warn people if something is likely to go red and they’d have to hotel quarantine than going to amber?

Just back from a wonderful holiday in Dorset where we stayed in our own touring caravan. The advantage of a caravan is knowing that you're safe. Weather was very good, everyone seemed relaxed, but even though the lovely sandy beaches looked busy, they were definitely not packed. Everyone had plenty of space around them. Restaurants needed booking, but only two took our contact details.

I booked my flights to Italy as I thought they will probably go up in price. I’ll probably book everything else in a week or 2 once there’s rumours about whether it’ll go red or not

Does every country on a green list go to a watch list before it's moved to amber?

I want to go to London as long as we're still green, but the first Easyjet flight is on September 8th so I HOPE they don't move us until then. I'll probably wait and buy the tickets on the 7th if we are still green (I'm fully vaccinated but because my first dose was AZ and second Pfeizer, UK does not accept that so I can't fly from amber country without quarantine :rolleyes: ).

Rapid test is enough to enter, right? Does anyone know what's the best option for Day 2 test? I saw you can get one in Boots but it's 85£. How fast do you get a result? It'd be great if I could use it for my flight back home, too. :D

If anyone has any useful information I'd be really grateful! 💛

Does every country on a green list go to a watch list before it's moved to amber?

I want to go to London as long as we're still green, but the first Easyjet flight is on September 8th so I HOPE they don't move us until then. I'll probably wait and buy the tickets on the 7th if we are still green (I'm fully vaccinated but because my first dose was AZ and second Pfeizer, UK does not accept that so I can't fly from amber country without quarantine :rolleyes: ).

Rapid test is enough to enter, right? Does anyone know what's the best option for Day 2 test? I saw you can get one in Boots but it's 85£. How fast do you get a result? It'd be great if I could use it for my flight back home, too. :D

I have no advice. Sure someone will, but they'll need to know where you are from flying from?

Not sure about entry test requirements from Slovenia but we got our Day 2 tests from randox as they were £43 each. British Airways have a discount code you can use.

Just got back from Greek islands cruise. Several other British peeps on ship and on islands, everyone was so pleased to be there and the local businesses were happy to have us tourists there. Lots of extra safety measures all round but all worth it. Tad annoying to wear mask but very small price to pay.

I’m a UK citizen but not resident in the UK. Still awaiting being able to visit. As I understand it, right now I’d have to book and pay for a day 2 COVID test in the UK from one of the specific testing locations, before arrival into the country. It’s not the end of the world but there are only a few of these centers on the list, which means having to devote a whole day to work around that.

Just got back from Greek islands cruise. Several other British peeps on ship and on islands, everyone was so pleased to be there and the local businesses were happy to have us tourists there. Lots of extra safety measures all round but all worth it. Tad annoying to wear mask but very small price to pay.

I’m a UK citizen but not resident in the UK. Still awaiting being able to visit. As I understand it, right now I’d have to book and pay for a day 2 COVID test in the UK from one of the specific testing locations, before arrival into the country. It’s not the end of the world but there are only a few of these centers on the list, which means having to devote a whole day to work around that.
I'm Northern Ireland, not sure where you would be going to in the UK - but popular day 2 test kits here at the moment are from Randox which are self administered and then dropped off/posted back to them. No idea if this is available elsewhere in the UK or if it even suits but just potentially something to check?

Generally they have not been moving countries around the traffic light system in between the reviews. So if Slovenia is green at the moment, the next review is not until either 15th or 16th September and then the restrictions don't actually take effect until a few days later.

A rapid antigen is enough to enter the UK yes. I'm not sure about day 2 tests for England!

• Heart