Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RoseBush23

I think she did correct this. You need 1 PCR test to get on your plane back to the UK, and then another on or before day 2 of your arrival in the UK. So 2 tests to get home.
What confuses me is it says pre departure test for coming home then a pcr test? Not 2 pcr? So confused lol

rebremm99

Chatty Member
I haven’t seen my boyfriend since the end of 2019 because of travel restrictions 😩 LDRs suck so much. So hopefully later this year the border will open and we can see each other! Besides that I plan on going somewhere like Tenerife as soon as Ireland eases up on its travel advice, desperate for some sun!

AutumnSpring

When does everyone think they will allow international travel again and open up the air corridors?? I just feel like this year is a write off again 🤦🏼‍♀️

Romy

VIP Member
Thank you! Nope, self employed. The last time we had them done privately it was approx £500 for the two of us to have results in 48 hours 😬 at this point we’ve just accepted we’ll probably have to factor that into the overall cost of the holiday though
Damn the price!

Tree_

VIP Member
I've got a holiday booked to canaries in june which hopefully will be cancelled by then. And then devon in August

25ag

Same with me. I asked in this thread not too many posts ago. Unless anything changes next week I’m pretty sure if your vaccinated you don’t need a test to go from uk to Greece. But to come back from Greece to the uk you need a antigen test within 48hours of the flight and then also a day 2 PCR test.

And you have to fill in a passenger locator form when going to greece

And also 14 days after second vaccjne

Thank you so much! I was just super worried that maybe I needed to book an antigen test before I even fly over there so thought I’d double check before I booked my flights. I’m double vaccinated so hopefully won’t need to take any tests, only the ones before flying back to UK and then again on day 2 after returning home.

Do you know when they’re next updating the green and amber lists? Again thank you for your help, really appreciate it! :)

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Is there a 2022 holidays thread? Thinking about getting the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam sometime in April and having a couple of days in Amsterdam as I've never been before, and visit a tulip garden/farm. Then flying back to the UK.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
So if I had to take one abroad I'd need to find where I'd get the test beforehand? Was only going to go for 4 days so it's annoying I'd have to take a test on the second day there and then one 2 days when back. These companies are laughing all the way to the bank
I think a lot of airports do them so you can get it done when you go for your flight since they only take a short time for the result. Maybe check the airport where you think you might go.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Still hovering over the book button for NY at Christmas. Given America are also doing well with vaccination I don’t think it’s impossible but think I will wait a few more months and see where we are.

Romy

VIP Member
Have just come back from France, a few days in Paris and some time in the Champagne region. All very quiet and relaxed and so easy! You need to show that you’ve tested in the last 48hrs or double jabbed at restaurants etc, but no issues at all we just uploaded our nhs vaccine certificates onto the French Covid app. There were literally testing tents all up the Champ-Elysees. It was so quiet and felt much safer than Cornwall did a couple of months ago!
You also have little testing tents everywhere in the rest of Paris, next to each pharmacy they belong.
As for the test, it's less than 24h now (if you are not fully vaccinated or for non vaccinated kids of 12 +).

I traveled back to Paris from Spain yesterday but we had a (very nice) day stop in Geneva, Switzerland is not in the EU but is in the Schengen space so there were just Covid control by the airline before when checking the boarding pass and identity cards, nothing at the arrival.
When we took the flight to Paris in the evening, the airline also checked briefly and that was it.

Last edited:

Northeast1988

VIP Member
After I cancelled my flights my bf and I considered meeting in a green country such as Portugal (since he had already taken days off work for my visit). But is there even any point? I’m sure Portugal is essential travel only and other countries aren’t even letting visitors in??
Most of the green list is useless
There’s only 4 on the list letting in Uk tourists