2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read all 13 pages and what are both sides hoping to achieve here? No side is going to convince the other either way, they're too polarised. No one is going to say, "you know what, Joe isn't so creepy after all" or "I made a mistake when I said Donald comes across as a narcissistic man child". I was wondering whether either side have considered the policies of both candidates and vote that way?

In the UK, you vote for a party rather than a leader. In the US, it seems as though it all hinges on personality?

IMO Trump is very focused on “making America great again” which is good as it means he’s not interested in pointless wars in the Middle East (which effect us in UK too) Unlike most other presidents, and I feel if Biden wins it will be the start of it all again with terrorist attacks!

Also when you look at all the issues in America at the minute they are all democrat run states so that’s another reason to think Trump would be better. Just my opinion no facts needed 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 6
But are there any other policies Donald is putting forward apart from repeating the slogan "Make America Great Again"? What about Joe Biden? @Rebecca49 Sorry, it won't let me quote you for some reason.

Reactions: 1
I have no idea about Biden I was hoping to find out more on this thread
Me too. All I have heard so far is "Creepy Joe" and comebacks of Donald Trump making racist remarks / saying inappropriate things about his daughter / other young women.

I thought there would be more discourse on their policies and how that would affect the economy and lives of Americans, but it seems not. Perhaps if policies were taken into account and voted on they'd have things like better funded state schools and the infrastructure to lift life expectancy (amongst the lowest in industrialised countries).

Reactions: 5
Me too. All I have heard so far is "Creepy Joe" and comebacks of Donald Trump making racist remarks / saying inappropriate things about his daughter / other young women.

I thought there would be more discourse on their policies and how that would affect the economy and lives of Americans, but it seems not. Perhaps if policies were taken into account and voted on they'd have things like better funded state schools and the infrastructure to lift life expectancy (amongst the lowest in industrialised countries).
Because none of them don't have that. Bernie did.

But are there any other policies Donald is putting forward apart from repeating the slogan "Make America Great Again"? What about Joe Biden? @Rebecca49 Sorry, it won't let me quote you for some reason.
One biggie for me having received health care in the US is reducing the cost of drugs, some of which are astronomical.

• Heart
I assume when you say "none of them don't have that", you mean none of them have actual policies? So what is the point of the election then? Is it really just based on a personality?
Personality, not actual policies, and health issues. I don't like Trump or Biden, and don't want any of them in power.

Couldn't help but laugh at "Kung Flu." Soooo inappropriate, jesus christ 😂 😭.
Also, not here to argue with anyone. I like hearing both sides although right now it seems to be going around in circles.

• Heart
One biggie for me having received health care in the US is reducing the cost of drugs, some of which are astronomical.
Has that been implemented? I thought it was announced in July but I read in August that it had not yet been put in place?

Trump's a hypocrite. The man complained about China taking over the manufacturing, yet instead of purchasing and using American Steel, he used China's steel, which effectively, not himself, but others, made the American steelwork decline.

• Haha
Personality, not actual policies, and health issues. I don't like Trump or Biden, and don't want any of them in power.
But one has to, and as I'm in UK Trump is by far the much better option, Biden will be a disaster for the UK, he is in bed with China & BLM, bad news all round.

• Heart
But one has to, and as I'm in UK Trump is by far the much better option, Biden will be a disaster for the UK, he is in bed with China & BLM, bad news all round.
I think none of them are good for the UK.

Has that been implemented? I thought it was announced in July but I read in August that it had not yet been put in place?
It's funny how you asked about Trump's policies, and not one of his supporter could answer it.

Wow, this thread 🤯😱😂

It's so cool how so many of you have access to Trump's and Biden's medical records! There was me thinking you can't tell someone's health by looking at them!

We can all post links and videos, doesn't make them true.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wow, this thread 🤯😱😂

It's so cool how so many of you have access to Trump's and Biden's medical records! There was me thinking you can't tell someone's health by looking at them!

Biden also released a medical summary, that he said he was perfectly healthy

• Haha
That’s no longer true though!! Trump put a 25% tariff on foreign steel imports. Here is an article about it.

Aw!! Thanks hun!! Same to you as well 😜. I wonder what’s happened to @Spinidge and @seaborguim?? They would love this thread!! Xx

That’s not true!! Trump took a medical, and a cognitive test, but Biden refused!! Probably because he knows that he would fail - especially on the cognitive test...

Brilliant!! Well said Rebecca!! 😘

So, he's a contributor of it declining.

• Haha
A questions for anyone who would like to participate, if you had to chose between the 2 as there is no other option and you have to pick one... Who would you pick, and why? I’ve said who I would further up thread, but in summary I would pick Trump 😱 as I believe him to be the lesser of 2 evils in my opinion. I never thought I would say that, so I suppose I’ve learnt you should never say never.

I’m in the UK but as I know US politics will impact us all I like to follow along a bit.
I'm the same as you, up until recently I never ever thought I would consider voting for Trump but what's done it for me is that I've reached the tipping point with the left. They're so far gone and so alienating that I think Trump is also the best option. I'm not a Trump fan but he's the devil you know as someone here said

Reactions: 8
Wow, this thread 🤯😱😂

It's called having an opinion, which we are all entitled to.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.