2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My wedding coordinator got back in touch the other day and she is back at work, and the hotel we are having the wedding at is reopening next month so a little bit of good news.
I won't be cancelling or postponing until we have to.
We are just preparing our formal invites to go out for our October wedding. And we are putting a small card in each one basically saying 'we know things may change and we will update everyone when we need to, and that we would understand if anyone didn't feel comfortable to come and we still love them'. We only have 50 guests but the venue can have 120 so plenty of space.
This is the UK as well just for info.

Doing all the bits of planning is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!! Anxiety is through the roof and I'm signed off of work.

Reactions: 6
My wedding coordinator got back in touch the other day and she is back at work, and the hotel we are having the wedding at is reopening next month so a little bit of good news.
We are just preparing our formal invites to go out for our October wedding. And we are putting a small card in each one basically saying 'we know things may change and we will update everyone when we need to, and that we would understand if anyone didn't feel comfortable to come and we still love them'. We only have 50 guests but the venue can have 120 so plenty of space.

Doing all the bits of planning is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!! Anxiety is through the roof and I'm signed off of work.
That's good to hear we're October as well postponed from May, really hoping it can go ahead as normal as possible

Reactions: 1

thats a really good idea, I might look into doing that

We are going for it in October even if the numbers stay as they are. 30 is fine and we just want to be married now. We can always party later!

Reactions: 3
I’ve seen on BBC News that the government is ‘advising against’ wedding receptions but not explicitly banning them.. this must be putting people in a terrible position regarding negotiations with their venues, suppliers and insurers. I really feel for you all 😔 so unhelpful.

The wedding I was due to go to this summer has now been postponed, but their venue told them to hold off as late as possible before cancelling/postponing, and now this announcement has come out, is trying to charge them more because they could technically have a wedding, but are choosing to change the date anyway. It’s shocking.

• Wow
I thought the announcement only really included churches and religious ceremonies. I didn't see civil ceremonies mentioned. We're getting married a hotel and we are having the reception there too. I don't really get how it would work with costs etc. Can't pay thousands just for a half an hour service. I should be meeting with my wedding coordinator soon so we will see.
I'm. Still hopeful the day will go ahead with majority of my guests, but will have to make some changes. Alot can happen in 4 months.

Reactions: 2
Still holding out hope for October. Schools are due back with no social distancing in place so once you do that you might aswell open up the whole country!!

Reactions: 4
It just seems so sad.
I know it isn't the worse thing in the world right now. But weddings are so happy and positive, what people need right about now. I want to be with my family and friends. I have used all local small business suppliers and I really feel for them right now as well.
But I guess like you said it's all going to have to just be ongoing and under review.
I am hoping to ask the coordinator if we can hold another date next year as well, I worry that all the dates will be gone! We want to start trying for a baby right away so don't really want to wait till end of next year. So what we might do is having a quickie wedding just the two of us and a big party next year if that's what we have to do

Reactions: 2
It just seems so sad.
I know it isn't the worse thing in the world right now. But weddings are so happy and positive, what people need right about now. I want to be with my family and friends. I have used all local small business suppliers and I really feel for them right now as well.
But I guess like you said it's all going to have to just be ongoing and under review.
I am hoping to ask the coordinator if we can hold another date next year as well, I worry that all the dates will be gone! We want to start trying for a baby right away so don't really want to wait till end of next year. So what we might do is having a quickie wedding just the two of us and a big party next year if that's what we have to do
Totally agree! We don't wanna keep the rest of our life on hold for a year so we are doing the legal bit first and then partying later regardless!

We get married in 9 weeks having had to postpone our last date.

I am stressing out! We didn’t get this close to our last date and now I’m worried about if I’ve forgotten anything. We are only having a small wedding and it’s abroad.

Does anybody have a list of wedding things to do and tick off or can think of anything I may be forgetting? 😬 I feel nervous now!

We get married in 9 weeks having had to postpone our last date.

I am stressing out! We didn’t get this close to our last date and now I’m worried about if I’ve forgotten anything. We are only having a small wedding and it’s abroad.

Does anybody have a list of wedding things to do and tick off or can think of anything I may be forgetting? 😬 I feel nervous now!
I think it’s natural to be nervy anyway, let alone when it’s been disrupted. Make sure you’re making some time for you in the run up too, like a little pamper for your nails or something :)

How is everyone doing? Anyone postponed? Or going ahead with just the ceremony? Or holding out and keeping everything crossed?

Some of my industry pals have done this beautiful and gut wrenching blog post. Please read, share, write to your MP and get the industry some clarity!

How is everyone doing? Anyone postponed? Or going ahead with just the ceremony? Or holding out and keeping everything crossed?

Some of my industry pals have done this beautiful and gut wrenching blog post. Please read, share, write to your MP and get the industry some clarity!
We are just waiting to see how many our registry office are allowing
Weve cut it from 70 to 30
I doubt we will get 30 as the others in the area are only allowing 10 max with the same room size
But I’ll be happy with just the 10 as that includes everyone from the wedding party and then we are off for a private meal after with the reception next year xx

Still holding out.....but losing optimism.
if we knew a roadmap or plan that world help. I appreciate that it is difficult

Holding out for our October date for now. But will postpone if we can't have everyone we want there.
Booked a back up date for February

Still set for September. We are abroad and their website is still stating two witnesses only but I really hope this changes and we can have family with us, albeit only an extra 3 guests.