Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg1912

VIP Member
Getting married on the 26th and I'm so over the moon!! It'll be by the castle where he had our first kiss and my fiancé popped the question and we'll only have close family members attending. I'm so happy we'll get to start our lives together! 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I feel so sorry for brides and their maids when they go to try on their gowns and have to look at themselves wearing a flippin mask covering their pretty faces.

For all you brides this year, I wish you a very happy celebration.

Reactions: 8

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
We were supposed to be getting married beginning of April. Then our venue straight cancelled on us and informed us they were keeping 80% of our payment! Since then we have been back and forth jumping through hoops with wedding insurance who took a month to say they wouldn’t pay. We have spoken to the venue at length asking/pleading for our money back, they have been in the media BBC, Daily Fail etc, threatened with the CMA, Which and yet still won’t budge and have our money. We have lost thousands. Now getting sorted to take them to court. All my suppliers have either refused a refund of deposit (despite that being unlawful and that I have no date to reschedule) or are just ignoring me. I’m trying to think of the bigger picture, what people are going through with being ill, dying. A wedding is nothing compared to that. But it’s been very stressful 😩 I feel for you who are still waiting to see if yours will happen soon, I can’t imagine the stress it’s causing you.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I've been invited recently to a wedding beginning of October with 200 people - the bride is a relatively good friend of mine and is convinced it will happen because the marathon can happen, but I just dont know how comfortable i'd feel being in a room of 200 people:confused: I know things will maybe be different by then but i cant see how we can all stay safe
I very much doubt she will be allowed 200 by then
I’m reckoning 50 by then and that’s if we’re lucky

My wedding's on the 29th August and we absolutely will not cancel. It really grinds my gears people saying how selfish couples are for not postponing/cancelling, as if we're forcing anyone to go. I don't live with my fiancé and we want to start building our future together. If anything, covid has proven how unexpected life can be and how we can't take anything for granted.
Postpone for next year, when it's very likely things will be the same? Who knows if we'll even be here next year?
We're waiting to hear how many people we can invite. It'll be in the coutryside by the water at sunset time and we plan on having everything outside, so nobody has to be indoors. When guests are invited, they can either accept or decline and we'll obviously completely understand if people prefer mot to go, but we'll definitely not put our lives on hold until the time comes when covid will completely go away, when more and more experts are saying it might never go away.
So yeah, instead of calling couples selfish for wanting to live life and start building their future together, decline the invitation, period.
Totally with you on this one , even if I have to get married with 2 witnesses by October then I’ll do that
For me my wedding isn’t about whose gonna be there or not guest wise, like you I don’t live with my fiancé and unable to live together until married so for me getting married is about starting our lives together and not having a big fancy oh look at me wedding

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
We fly out in 4 weeks for our wedding and tonight received an email saying my flight status had been updated and it was the email I was dreading buuuut it’s actually good news and they don’t anticipate any issues and flight should go ahead as planned!

Our bridesmaids and best man arent coming but restrictions have also been lifted so I can have my sister in law and nephews there as well as my dad and brother who are witnesses 😃

if anything went wrong now I’d be devastated having come so close. Original date was back in May.

• Heart

Polkadot123

VIP Member
My wedding coordinator got back in touch the other day and she is back at work, and the hotel we are having the wedding at is reopening next month so a little bit of good news.
I won't be cancelling or postponing until we have to.
We are just preparing our formal invites to go out for our October wedding. And we are putting a small card in each one basically saying 'we know things may change and we will update everyone when we need to, and that we would understand if anyone didn't feel comfortable to come and we still love them'. We only have 50 guests but the venue can have 120 so plenty of space.
This is the UK as well just for info.

Doing all the bits of planning is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!! Anxiety is through the roof and I'm signed off of work.

Sozabaryou

Was due to get married in Andalusia in September- however we have had to postpone.
We had about 50 people coming. It has really shown the best and worst in people and if I'm honest, I'm sad at the way some people reacted. Wedding Insurance has been no help either!
We've decided to get wed just us and 2 witnesses in 6weeks time and then have the wedding celebrations next year - once I don't lose faith in humanity before then 😂

• Heart

Meg1912

VIP Member
My wedding's on the 29th August and we absolutely will not cancel. It really grinds my gears people saying how selfish couples are for not postponing/cancelling, as if we're forcing anyone to go. I don't live with my fiancé and we want to start building our future together. If anything, covid has proven how unexpected life can be and how we can't take anything for granted.
Postpone for next year, when it's very likely things will be the same? Who knows if we'll even be here next year?
We're waiting to hear how many people we can invite. It'll be in the coutryside by the water at sunset time and we plan on having everything outside, so nobody has to be indoors. When guests are invited, they can either accept or decline and we'll obviously completely understand if people prefer mot to go, but we'll definitely not put our lives on hold until the time comes when covid will completely go away, when more and more experts are saying it might never go away.
So yeah, instead of calling couples selfish for wanting to live life and start building their future together, decline the invitation, period.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Serious_Susan

VIP Member
We have insurance, and can also cancel up to 70 days before and would only lose the deposit.

It's just the uncertainty that's doing me in. It doesn't feel like this will ever blow over

Reactions: 5
I’m getting married in the UK in 33 days , stupidly forgot insurance. I’ve had a rough few years and the wedding is what kept me going - if it’s cancelled I’ll be heartbroken. I’m in at the risk category but selfishly I just want to be married .

• Sad

nbt

VIP Member
Yep 🙋🏼‍♀️ Due to get married here in the U.K. in June. We have no wedding insurance and have no travel insurance (I know, I know) for our honeymoon. We only recently booked our flights and hotels (3 locations) at the start of Feb, before this all kicked off here or there was any sight of it doing so. We would have got insurance but we just weren’t quick enough.

With regards to the wedding, I feel better now I’ve spoken with our venue. They’ve said if we get to a lockdown situation, they will do everything possible to work with us to adjust our date. I can only hope everything else we have booked follows suit 🤞🏻 We are all in the same boat after all, it’s not like they can work elsewhere that day and make money? If anyone’s difficult and uses this terrible situation to their advantage then believe me they will suffer my wrath! 😂

With regards to honeymoon, our flights are booked with Virgin who are currently working with dates up until the end of April and offering amendments with no charge. Our hotels have free cancellation up until 3 days before check in.

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of an essay. There’s only so many people you can let off steam to at the moment as everyone understandably has their own worries. Thank you for creating this thread!

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Anyone made plans for wedding in October? Do you feel more positive you can go ahead now? I feel more confused
We are due to get married on the 3rd October, but following Boris's speech last night I just don't know if its worth planning it all for him to blurt out on the day before another lockdown. Having this virus hanging over us is awful. I just want to get married.

• Sad

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I’m so upset for all us brides to be. I’m June 19th so I know there is still time for things to change. I know people are so much worse off but today is the day I’ve had my first proper wobble. It’s supposed to be one of the most exciting time’s of our lives and it’s nothing but stress. Thinking of everyone 💖💖

• Sad

Heatherb54

Well our plans are all officially changed! Getting married in October with a short wedding reception following this. Hoping that one of the local cocktail bars may let us book out some tables for after this but it might be pushing it.

Then we've confirmed our big party to be the 23rd October next year!! It's gonna be a wedding and 30th birthday combo.

Feeling really excited for the first time in ages!

• Heart

Parttimegossip

We’ve decided to postpone. We were hoping to hold on to our September date but our venue has cancelled all weddings until end of August and they advised the wedding staff are still going to be furloughed for the foreseeable. There were also other variables like my sister in law’s due date being 2 days before our wedding date and the fact the majority of our guests would have been travelling so it didn’t feel right to make them travel just for a 30 minute ceremony.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone for their weddings to go ahead and I am devastated we have chosen to postpone but everyone has to do what is right for them. My biggest advice for everyone is don’t let other people’s thoughts/opinions/choices impact your day and do what’s right for you!

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
I know, I’ve expressed my concerns on the main thread and have had no negative comments thankfully... but I do appreciate not everyone will understand our worries.

But you’re right, you wait such a long time for these moments and it’s supposed to be an exciting time! I had a few tears on Thursday night when I was checking where we stood with things. Kind of thought, of all the times this could happen, we’re now due to peak smack bang around our big day! 😭

I have to say, I’ve felt better now having heard from our venue. Every now and then I know I’ll have a blip as it’s the not knowing and no one can really predict what will happen. But we can just take one day at a time can’t we and hope for the best.

Reactions: 4

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Can I join? Not a bride but a wedding coordinator here! I have been in this industry for over a decade so it is very weird not having any weddings.

Really hoping I can be back at work. So far late September onwards is holding on but if social distancing is still in place we may postpone those too.

Not a fun time at all for anyone. If I can give any advice all I will say is keep communicating with all your suppliers xx

Dex

We are due to get married on the 3rd October, but following Boris's speech last night I just don't know if its worth planning it all for him to blurt out on the day before another lockdown. Having this virus hanging over us is awful. I just want to get married.
It’s awful isn’t it. What’s the point in planning when it can be taken away the day before? It was so harsh and cruel on brides that had wedding planned for this weekend.
I just want my wedding too 💔