2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Until there are proper guidelines in we’re going to be left in limbo. Everything is advisory at the moment isn’t it? My child is still allowed to be in school and yet I have to make a decision about something 3 months away? Argh!

My best friend is getting married in Turkey in July. Hen do is abroad in June. Trying to keep positive for her but no one really knows what will happen. If it was me I would be devastated.

Reactions: 1
Brilliant news. I’ve started hearing from our suppliers for our June wedding. So far the message is awareness but business as usual. However my photographer then posted a picture on her insta stories of a couple and saying “can’t believe I now won’t see you in 3 months, instead it’ll be 15!” which means that someone who was due to get married the same time as us has postponed for a year.

Now I’m wondering whether I’m being naive? I’m trying to convince myself that we have some time to decide yet and there could be many, many factors why it’s better for them to postpone theirs...
We rescheduled ours 1) because of the venue we have and 2)several of our guests are over 70 or have medical conditions and need to stay indoors.

the guidelines are changing everyday - by June it might be different. I didn’t want to get married with out my grandparents there.
I hope you are okay though xo

Yep July for us. And our honeymoon a few month later. I’m worried, very worried. But praying it might’ve blown over by then.

edit; I have insurance but even still it doesn’t cover for all situations.

Now also wondering how we can ask all our guests so pay to attend knowing everyone’s income might be massively impacted the next few months, ours included. 😩🤯

Due to be married in November but instead of planning for our wedding, we find ourselves planning how to keep our vulnerable family members safe and healthy. 2020 was supposed to be a happy year and now we are filled with worry

Reactions: 2
Venue cancelled our reception yesterday for May.
We always planned to have the ceremony part just as the two of us (plus registrar and two random witnesses) and that part is still going ahead at the moment, so we could end up having the 'reception' months after we are married??? They've said we can pick another date, but then I have no idea what the vendors availablity will be so I'm tempted to just scrap it. Our honeymoon is also cancelled, so might just use the money for a more exciting trip when this all settles down.

So our original day was supposed to be 4 weeks tomorrow. Any ideas on how we can still mark the occasion? It’d be nice to do something rather than sitting thinking about what should have been!

So our original day was supposed to be 4 weeks tomorrow. Any ideas on how we can still mark the occasion? It’d be nice to do something rather than sitting thinking about what should have been!
I was supposed to be bridesmaid for one of my closest friends last week, they have rescheduled their wedding to November. She and her fiancé marked their ‘would have been’ day by listening to their ceremony music, cooking a nice meal and drinking champagne 😊

• Heart
Argh so a month on and feel even less likely like we’ll be able to fly at the end of August 😩😩😩
Where are you flying to?

Ours is in two weeks, we are going to go for a walk somewhere pretty and order a nice take out and cocktails! I’ll wear a white dress too and I don’t care how sad that may be 😁

Where are you flying to?

Ours is in two weeks, we are going to go for a walk somewhere pretty and order a nice take out and cocktails! I’ll wear a white dress too and I don’t care how sad that may be 😁
I love that. I thought about perhaps having a drive to our venue at the time we should be there 😍 it’s solely a wedding venue so not open, but we can drive to the gates and dream!

My friends didn’t want to do anything, just to act as if it was a normal day
However I’ve had other friends have a zoom wedding party with their wedding party and photoshop a pic of them all in nice outfits stood outside the wedding venue 😂

Couldn't see there was a thread already covering this.
I am just interested on hearing people's thoughts on weddings for later this year.
Have you already post poned? Are you waiting to see? Have you cancelled?
Would you be a guest at a wedding this year?
I am getting married in October and so far remaining hopeful. Its a smallish wedding anyway (no more than 50). The hotel is reopening in July with new measures in place so that's a start.
Discuss away :)

Last edited:
I’m getting married in October also!
Keeping my fingers crossed. I think we should be ok..
I’ve got over 100 guests for the day though and 200 at night..
apparently the vaccine should be ready by September and if it is that would be a lot better xx

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Meant to be getting married this weekend abroad and have postponed til September. Keeping everything crossed. It’s only a small wedding with less than 10 guests :)

Meant to be getting married this weekend abroad and have postponed til September. Keeping everything crossed. It’s only a small wedding with less than 10 guests :)
So sorry you had to postpone. But hopefully was easy for you to sort out.
Glad you have rearranged. Fingers crossed!
A lot of articles I have read seme confident in small weddings being allowed from June.
Think it's dependant on infection numbers going down as expected.

Getting married at end of October and crossing fingers all will be fine. If we have to reduce numbers, we are pretty happy with that if its around 60! Then we thought we'd throw a big party on our year anniversary so everyone we'd invited to the night do can come.

Our venue has agreed to let us reserve the same date next year but not cancel this one. We need to decide by September!