2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At our venue we have done:
Ceremony
Drinks reception (outside if poss or inside but seated)
Meal
Speeches
Coffee and back round firepit outside or just stay at tables
First dance
Cake
Home around 8/9pm

So not that different from a normal wedding just no disco. But instead it has felt really intimate and chilled.
Thank you for sharing, sounds lovely xx

Reactions: 1
Congratulations lovely! Would you mind talking me through what your day looked like? We are spring next year and will get married no matter once as we’ve postponed once already. Did you have a meal and then guests left or? I just want an idea of how the day might be mapped out with 15 or 30 people xx
Thank you. Of course :)

Firstly, I will say that even though our numbers were reduced it didn't take away from it being an incredibly special day, and we are so glad we have been able to get married. We have been so lucky because our area is going into lockdown again this Friday!! We also just missed travel restrictions which meant we were able to have our immediate family there.

We had 27 guests in the end (bride and groom included), everybody who was at the ceremony stayed the entire day. We had both the ceremony and reception in a spacious ballroom in the hotel. All guests remained in their bubbles 2m apart at the ceremony and at their tables.

We had everything as normal apart from a disco, instead we had a quiz, and had some background music playing which would have been for the disco.

We had to wear masks during the ceremony, however I was able to walk down the aisle without one, but my father and bridesmaids had to wear their's. We had to keep taking our masks on and off to say the vows. We actually got some themed wedding masks which are a nice keepsake.

We live-streamed our wedding on Facebook for those who were unable to attend, and that still felt really special as it was as if everyone was with us. Some people dressed up, and cracked open the prosecco to watch!

Honestly, getting married is the most important thing, and you can still have an amazing day even if you have to adapt to these unprecedented circumstances. I wouldn't change anything now. On the day, it will feel normal and you can put covid to the side and just enjoy the day while keeping everyone safe. My advice is, just make the best of it :)

Any other questions, I am more than happy to answer :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you. Of course :)

Firstly, I will say that even though our numbers were reduced it didn't take away from it being an incredibly special day, and we are so glad we have been able to get married. We have been so lucky because our area is going into lockdown again this Friday!! We also just missed travel restrictions which meant we were able to have our immediate family there.

We had 27 guests in the end (bride and groom included), everybody who was at the ceremony stayed the entire day. We had both the ceremony and reception in a spacious ballroom in the hotel. All guests remained in their bubbles 2m apart at the ceremony and at their tables.

We had everything as normal apart from a disco, instead we had a quiz, and had some background music playing which would have been for the disco.

We had to wear masks during the ceremony, however I was able to walk down the aisle without one, but my father and bridesmaids had to wear their's. We had to keep taking our masks on and off to say the vows. We actually got some themed wedding masks which are a nice keepsake.

We live-streamed our wedding on Facebook for those who were unable to attend, and that still felt really special as it was as if everyone was with us. Some people dressed up, and cracked open the prosecco to watch!

Honestly, getting married is the most important thing, and you can still have an amazing day even if you have to adapt to these unprecedented circumstances. I wouldn't change anything now. On the day, it will feel normal and you can put covid to the side and just enjoy the day while keeping everyone safe. My advice is, just make the best of it :)

Any other questions, I am more than happy to answer :) xx
Thank you for sharing, it sounds amazing! So glad you both had the best day and you’re right it’s about getting married not the frills. We are looking into live streaming too for guests who cannot make it/ number restrictions. I actually feel relieved reading these posts and a pang of excitement so thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you for sharing, it sounds amazing! So glad you both had the best day and you’re right it’s about getting married not the frills. We are looking into live streaming too for guests who cannot make it/ number restrictions. I actually feel relieved reading these posts and a pang of excitement so thank you xx
I wish you a wonderful day, it will be amazing :)

• Heart
Just thought I'd share my experience so far!
My wedding is still planned for Feb 2021 so is coming up quick now and over the past 2 months I've been stressing so much, but our venue has now let us have a back-up date in March 2022. They were so lovely about it, don't have to pay another deposit, so if it gets closer to Feb and it doesn't look like restrictions are going to lift, we will postpone it to that date.
After the announcement about rule of 6 my cakemaker sent out this email saying if any of her couples were forced to postpone, deposits were non-refundable, non-transferable and there will be a 10% increase on the price of the cake. I thought that was a bit much. Her explanation was that she quoted cakes back in 2018/19 for weddings that will now take place 2022/23. She quoted us in May 2020 for our 2021 date. Whatever. Didn't respond straight away but was worried what our other suppliers might pull so spoke to some others first.
Photographer, absolutely lovely, she's available on our back-up date, no extra fees. Same with florist, other than possible slight increase in cost of the flowers but she said if it went out of budget we could look at other options to decrease cost.
My cakemaker then sent a second email out last week, saying all her couples could have 1 free postponed date (so wouldn't have to make another deposit) but there would still be a 10% increase. I thought fine that sounds more reasonable.
So finally emailed her a day or two after to see if she was available on our back-up date. 7 days later no response. So followed up, saying how I appreciate she's probably really busy etc. Two days later still haven't had a response.
I'm worried that because my partner mentioned what she said in her first email to two of our suppliers, they might have told her, as the wedding supplier community is quite tight knit and everyone knows each other. I might be just being completely paranoid about it.
When this whole thing started I honestly did not think it would affect our wedding as at that point it was nearly a year away!

Am I mad? Apologies for the long post.

Two-ish weeks ago our (original) October 2021 wedding went under, the venue couldn't afford the "wedding" side of the business anymore. It was upsetting, stressful etc because I never thought our wedding which was a year away, would have been impacted.

We decided to view it as a positive, it was getting stressful with planning anyway because guest A wanted to bring "xyz" or guest B wanted a plus one "just in case." I was getting fed up of telling people that we only wanted people we actually know at our wedding day. It was supposed to be 80 day guests and however many evening.

Anyway, we've since found a stunning venue within budget, supplies everything you need for a wedding (including catering) and has a 50 people cap. We thought "great" as people couldn't push us anymore and we now have corona on our side for limiting guest list. But, the issue is it would be brought forward to July 2021. Which is fab because we did want a summer wedding originally but the increase for the peak season was too much for us. I'm just concerned, am I being too optimistic about 50 guests in July?! I know no one knows that answer.

The venue have reassured that they are able to move us free of charge and no increase of cost (its one flat rate for the year) should we want to nearer the time. They rarely take Friday weddings but would be happy to do so if it meant we could still get married in the summer (even if it's more back end of summer or even September time) as she's quite flexible. So I feel confident about that.

We're at the point now where we have the invoice to pay the deposit for the venue. I'm just in two minds now, especially as cases are on the rise now and fiancé and I have made the decision that I'm going to shield again as I'm high risk.

It's such a stressful situation, because I want to go through with it and hope for the best but I'm trying to be reserved.

Am I mad? Apologies for the long post.

Two-ish weeks ago our (original) October 2021 wedding went under, the venue couldn't afford the "wedding" side of the business anymore. It was upsetting, stressful etc because I never thought our wedding which was a year away, would have been impacted.

We decided to view it as a positive, it was getting stressful with planning anyway because guest A wanted to bring "xyz" or guest B wanted a plus one "just in case." I was getting fed up of telling people that we only wanted people we actually know at our wedding day. It was supposed to be 80 day guests and however many evening.

Anyway, we've since found a stunning venue within budget, supplies everything you need for a wedding (including catering) and has a 50 people cap. We thought "great" as people couldn't push us anymore and we now have corona on our side for limiting guest list. But, the issue is it would be brought forward to July 2021. Which is fab because we did want a summer wedding originally but the increase for the peak season was too much for us. I'm just concerned, am I being too optimistic about 50 guests in July?! I know no one knows that answer.

The venue have reassured that they are able to move us free of charge and no increase of cost (its one flat rate for the year) should we want to nearer the time. They rarely take Friday weddings but would be happy to do so if it meant we could still get married in the summer (even if it's more back end of summer or even September time) as she's quite flexible. So I feel confident about that.

We're at the point now where we have the invoice to pay the deposit for the venue. I'm just in two minds now, especially as cases are on the rise now and fiancé and I have made the decision that I'm going to shield again as I'm high risk.

It's such a stressful situation, because I want to go through with it and hope for the best but I'm trying to be reserved.
That is good you were offered a July date but I understand your concern that we might not be out of the woods by then!
It's so hard to gauge isn't it! I think as they've offered to move you FOC nearer the time, which is also good of them, I'd go for it! We had no idea that would be an option for us when we spoke to our venue.
Fingers crossed for you it all works out OK!