2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting married at end of October and crossing fingers all will be fine. If we have to reduce numbers, we are pretty happy with that if its around 60! Then we thought we'd throw a big party on our year anniversary so everyone we'd invited to the night do can come.

Our venue has agreed to let us reserve the same date next year but not cancel this one. We need to decide by September!
End of October too! Feeling hopefully. Our guest list is about 54 however we have worked out how we can reduce the numbers slightly. Haven't sent any evening invites out yet, holding out for awhile. I'm sure people will understand if we reduce numbers.
Lovely idea about having a big party on your one year.

End of October too! Feeling hopefully. Our guest list is about 54 however we have worked out how we can reduce the numbers slightly. Haven't sent any evening invites out yet, holding out for awhile. I'm sure people will understand if we reduce numbers.
Lovely idea about having a big party on your one year.
It means I get to wear my dress twice at least!! As soon as pubs and bars open, I'll be happy that things are moving ahead well enough.

Reactions: 1
End of September (4months to go!!) - not sure we would be able to reduce to less than 80. Keeping everything crossed at the moment. Had anyone booked a honeymoon for after?

No we were looking at one for next year and we're about to book when all this happened so didn't bother... Not sure we will be able to afford the honeymoon we wanted with the prices all going up!!

End of September (4months to go!!) - not sure we would be able to reduce to less than 80. Keeping everything crossed at the moment. Had anyone booked a honeymoon for after?
Our honeymoon is March 2021 so hoping we will be OK. Couldn't afford to go straight from the wedding, nor could we get the annual leave as we are going away for 3 weeks.
After our wedding in October we are going on a minimoon to log cabin in North Yorkshire so hoping that will be OK
Fingers crossed for you for September!

Mine was supposed to be at the start of July and we’ve decided to postpone a year. It’s not worth the risk!

Couldn't see there was a thread already covering this.
I am just interested on hearing people's thoughts on weddings for later this year.
Have you already post poned? Are you waiting to see? Have you cancelled?
Would you be a guest at a wedding this year?
I am getting married in October and so far remaining hopeful. Its a smallish wedding anyway (no more than 50). The hotel is reopening in July with new measures in place so that's a start.
Discuss away :)

Well, the London marathon is on 4th October and they are still confident that will go ahead with over 45,000 runners, before you even get to the spectators.

I got engaged late last year, was just about to start planning when all this happened (we were thinking abroad with nearest and dearest) after having time to stop and think I've realised I actually hate going on group holidays (so I dont really want to sort of host one) and I just want a fuss free affair tbh. I've decided registry office with about 10 of us then were going to plan a party afterwards for everyone to join us and celebrate. I've just bought my wedding dress off asos for £55 🤣

Reactions: 3
I was September 5th and have now postponed to December 12th. Mainly due to concerns over family members from abroad not being able to get here..

I’m a late September bride and we haven’t postponed yet. We have a max guest list of 50 and our venue can hold up to 150 so we are confident we’ll be able to go ahead even with social distancing.

Our venue’s wedding co ordinator has been furloughed so we have been left in the dark so much but all of our other suppliers have been proactive in reaching out in case we need to postpone.

we were going to book our honeymoon last year then Thomas Cook went under then when we got paid our bonus on 23.3.20 and the whole country went into lockdown! So we have just postponed it indefinitely haha - mustn’t be meant to be!!

Reactions: 3
Family member supposed to be getting married 1st August and they’re waiting as long as possible to postpone incase social distancing rules change. I think they’re stupid, I would’ve postponed months ago. I personally think there’s no way it could go ahead with their 50 guests

I'm a guest for two weddings this year and I'm so anxious about both! My cousin's wedding should have been last week but that's been postponed to the end of August, this is the wedding I'm most worried about as I'm currently in the shielding catagory. I have a hereditary condition that runs in that side of the family so we're all in the same boat and I'm not sure it'll be safe by then.
I feel for all of you in this situation, it's so hard to know what to do for the best!

I had two wedding invites this summer, one the first weekend in August, one the last weekend. The first one has been postponed but not the second one which seems crazy to me? I get that it’s disappointing but surely it’s delusional to expect a wedding of 100 people to go ahead in three months time?

I am getting married next year and wouldn’t hesitate to postpone if I needed to, as all you guys have done. I know it will probably be out of their hands in the end but it just seems a bit reckless to plough ahead with planning publicly in the meantime.

I am invited to a wedding that is happening in the late June. The bride is a close friend of mine and she decided to go through with it. Since we don't live in the same country, I would have to travel which means putting myself and those around me at risk. To top everything off, she's pregnant! I'm honestly so disappointed in her, I've been dreading telling her that I've decided to not attend the wedding because she's obviously not thinking straight!

• Wow
That is exactly how I would feel @oniongarlictomato - I would be seriously judging someone who wanted to put their guests through all that stress, it’s really selfish. I’m sorry you’re in that situation.

• Heart
That is exactly how I would feel @oniongarlictomato - I would be seriously judging someone who wanted to put their guests through all that stress, it’s really selfish. I’m sorry you’re in that situation.
Thank you for being understanding 🥰 It's appalling, her own mother had health issues in the past... I would kind of understand if she planned this wedding for years, but no, she announced in March this year that she's getting married :cautious: very shotgun-esque

I am invited to a wedding that is happening in the late June. The bride is a close friend of mine and she decided to go through with it. Since we don't live in the same country, I would have to travel which means putting myself and those around me at risk. To top everything off, she's pregnant! I'm honestly so disappointed in her, I've been dreading telling her that I've decided to not attend the wedding because she's obviously not thinking straight!
Wow how rude 😂😂