Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Well done that’s amazing! I guess it’s good you haven’t put it all back on. What’s mentally stopping you?

I think step 1 for atleast 8 weeks and then see how I go from there. I’ve lost 20lbs following WW but going back to work I’ve gained 7lbs back. I just need something to push me down to my goal weight and then I think following WW to maintain. I’d like to lose another 3.5 stone ideally but I would be chuffed with 2 stone xx
That still amazing well done!

I think it’s lockdown, I work in hospitality and we aren’t opening for at least another month, it’s all mentally knocked me, my boyfriend also works abroad so god knows when o will see him again. So as much as I wouldn’t say I was eating awfully of anything I can’t seem to get fully in the mindset. I think once we can properly see a consultant it will help me. As I get more competitive with myself then.
I did 1a to start with then switched consultants as the other was really pushy and fake, I was told I should never have been put on such a low step for my size so I stick to step 3 now, hasn’t seemed to interfere with my loses and I’m a lot less grumpy and miserable when on step 3.

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
It's really weird actually as a colleague who previously done the 1:1 diet now does exactly that and has bulimia she looks absolutely terrible and ill but she think she looks amazing. She binges until she's physically sick and then goes back on the 'wagon' of the bars for a few weeks. I've tried to voice my concerns but got told I was jealous 🤔
That’s sad. Sorry to hear. It’s hard because people often don’t want to hear.

but I’m just shocked they’ve allowed this onto the page and people find it funny. It really isn’t. I think people who are doing it and struggling may take it almost like advice I know each Individual is responsible for themselves but it’s almost throwing the tactic out there. I’ve reported it but doubtful it will go as I don’t think others see an issue with it. Which is bonkers to me

Ok the post hasn’t been removed for whatever reason. But even this comment has been added. Wtf 😔
C811EB70-F084-45F1-B150-AC22869AF0F0.jpeg

Last edited:

ATV2021

VIP Member
I've done slimming world in the past and now doing Cambridge. Whilst yes Cambridge is more restricted, I got myself into an awful mindset with SW where I over analysed every single thing I ate and ended up with BDD (which god forbid you dare talk about!). With Cambridge I needed a kick up the backside to get started and shift this lockdown weight. I also allow myself to enjoy life when I go out with friends or whatever. My mindset is better, I understand my body shape and accept that more now.

I've lost 1 stone 5lb in about 2 months. 4lb to go until I'm back at my happy weight but my clothes fit again and I don't obsess with my figure!

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
Guys I need help. I’ve swollen off closing in near to starting weight. Why do I panic at cutting down then seem to eat worse then before a diet !!!!

GossBoss

VIP Member
My consultant is brilliant. Successful weight loss herself over 10stone & kept it off. I speak to her on the phone every week, I send her a pic of my weigh in every week & she's always available to message or voice note should I need her
I've never met her as I'm a remote slimmer but I followed her for a good while before I started plan myself & she's very supportive, inspirational and motivating

GossBoss

VIP Member
Hi guys I'm curious, what's the longest time you's have been on this diet without any slip ups or breaks? My willpower is awful and I would love to see the diet right though to my goal.
I did it in the past for 7months no cheating at all. I'm currently on my 2nd journey on it and 12weeks in with no cheating. I love the feel good factor I have when I'm on it, plus losing weight every week is so inspiring. A good consultant helps no end

Louanne

VIP Member
I honestly drink SO much water, I have a bottle from Asda. Just a cheapy one but I’m honestly filling up every 30 mins to an hour. I don’t know how much water I can drink before I drown myself 🤣
If you're drinking 2.5-3l plus, it should be fine, but if it's really bad try just a single paracetamol? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I love Cambridge. I did it a few year ago but my own bad habits resulted in me losing weight but not keeping it off. Lost quite a lot for me in a short time.

Now I am back on but I’m between step 3 and 4 just because my weight loss is so slow and little it’s the same as being on step 1 and 2 so rather than be disheartened When I’m not losing a stone a month like others but I know everyone is different.

Can’t wait for the ready made chocolate Tetras to be back in stock.

Also it’s very encouraging reading the rest of these posts I really want to almost force myself to get into the habit of step 2 just for even a month a full month trial. At the moment with calorie counting more I’m learning how to not binge, Not eat over processed foods and cutting down on crazy portion sizes so hopefully I can get back to a lower step.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Depends what your time frame is I suppose? As that’s not a crazy amount to lose.
maybe long term therapy would do you wonders. I’m not entirely sure what it involves
I guess as soon as possible, but I want to keep it off. I've lost and gained the same 2 stone for the last 6 or so years.

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
I signed up to Slim Fast yesterday because I could buy it on Amazon, and there is an app where you can track what you have had / eaten etc which is free.

I know the local Cambridge Diet consultant and we don't get on so that rules it out for me or I would give it a go. I have about three stone to lose before my son's wedding later this year so I am hoping this works. I look back at myself in my youngest son's wedding three years ago and I hate myself in the pictures so I am determined to do it this time.

GossBoss

VIP Member
Same I’ve been saying it for months. And just keep thinking the sooner I do it the sooner it’s over. Then one last cheat meal and so it’s continues 😂
I feel you 100% , only trouble is every meal for the last goodness knows how long has been unhealthy for me...

I've started today with regard to breakfast and lunch, I literally have 1 potato to use and a couple of sausages for tea and then I've no fresh food at all left. Everything I could freeze I have so no excuse to be 3 mrp a day from tomorrow right 🤷

AutumnSpring

I am planning to start this diet in two weeks. Just wondering how any of you got on with it in the end? Any updates? 🤗

ATV2021

VIP Member
For the past 2 weeks I have started and broken it. Today I was with my consultant and while I was waiting for her I was chopping on jellies. I just can't stay on plan. Going on holidays in 21 days. I need help how do I stick to it.
You definitely need a certain mindset and an end goal in mind but DONT let it consume your life (that's where SW ruined me tbh and took a long time to break free from). I'm now in control and if I have a day off then it's not the end of the world and I'll get back on it, like I am today. Its not easy in the slightest but its worth it as I feel so much better and I've now started exercise