Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
I've decided to have time off from Christmas Eve evening (so meal then)... Christmas Day and Boxing Day then back on it 27th...... we are only a small family so the 3 family bubble is going to work for us so we'll all be together those 2 days so normal food.... going to try not to go too mad as I think it will hurt my tummy having too rich food and alcohol ... plus I don't want to pile loads back on...... determined to get to goal this time..... It's all the picky bits I'll struggle with so will try not to have too many in the house... !

Reactions: 1

bobthedragqueen

Hi guys!

Thanks for sharing your stories. I could do with some advice... I am looking to kickstart my weight loss in January and want to lose around 4 stone.

I have tried to lose weight by healthy eating and going to the gym but I have zero willpower and think seeing big losses and change early on may help me along the journey. Here’s hoping anyway!

My question is, which company or programme would you recommend for that amount of weight to lose? I would also be interested to hear how you find having consultants as is provided with the Cambridge diet? I always hated going to Slimming World and feeling naughty if I’d put weight on that week.

Cheers lovelies! Keep going!

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Ha, don't be fooled 🤣. I'm very much all or nothing but this time, I dunno, maybe my age, maybe the fact that I've got an amazing consultant, maybe it's just the right time, but I am focused. I really want it, I'm early fifties, I'm single and to be perfectly honest with you, I'm fecking lonely. Losing weight is making me more confident every week, making me see I am worthy of meeting someone & that I will. I know that anyone worth their salt should want me as I am regardless but I didn't want me so this isn't only a weightloss journey, it's a *loving myself* journey as well
Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. Sending a big tattle hug to you. All the best in your weight loss journey. Rooting for you! 💜

Grenouille

You will feel like super women if you battle through it, also don't punish your self to much if you have a slip, my biggest downfall is the guilt and the dissapointnaent in myself this time I want to be diffrent x
Indeed, everyone slips.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Wow thats amazing!! 🥳 really good! Especially for your height and weight. Do you feel in ketosis yet?

Lovemaci

Day 2 here all going well so far been doing my 10000 steps hopefully I can keep it all up x

GossBoss

VIP Member
so I’m doing the exante diet and I can’t work out what is going wrong.

I’m having 2 shakes a day
One evening meal
Doing at least 40 minutes of exercise a day

since 30th December I seem to have only shifted 3 pounds and can’t seem to get past 12.9st for some reason.
I am feeling very disheartened to be honest and just don’t get it.
How many calories in your evening meal?
Are you drinking enough water?
I did MRP in the past and found it worked better for me with no exercise, everyone is different of course but the weeks I went for a few bike rides were the weeks I lost less 🤷

MoiraRose22

Don't weigh yourself during the week! Only weigh and measure on the set day with your consultant as so much can change.

Plus 2lb is a huge loss (Google how much that actually is you'll be surprised) and its off...not on. Keep going you're doing great
Thank you so much, that’s just what I needed ☺

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
My consultant told me the peanut crispy bars taste like snickers…in what world?! 😂😭
Nothing on CWP tastes like anything else alas lol just have to find the palatable things for you. I couldn't stomach ANY of the savoury items

SEssex2608

Really ? I must be in the minority as I like all the porridge ones.... in fact I like almost all of them and the shakes are my least favourite - I only like the choc mint shake and the strawberry one (made into a mousse)..... Do you not like any of the bars/meals or ready drinks ?
I think I made it too runny, tried again with it thicker & it’s a lot nicer. The meals taste too salty for me but I do like the soups! I started my period yesterday so hopefully that doesn’t cause any problems with my weight loss

I haven’t really been hungry. But it’s only been 3 days.. I’m hoping to only do 2/3 months. But I guess we shall see how I get on. I think my main struggle is I hate sweeteners. So been trying to mostly have the savoury bits. The thought of doing it for at least 7 more weeks is not appealing 😂

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
How’s everyone getting on? I actually lost 3lbs this week, I am buzzing as it’s also my period week. Not wanting to brag but having pcos I feel like I’m stuck in a rut! I have at least 4 stone off and even then I’ll be classed as over weight. I think maybe not drinking too
Much water has helped, sticking to two litres a day.

mind I do fancy an alcoholic beverage but I think I’ll wait till Christmas.

happy Saturday everyone!

• Heart

GossBoss

VIP Member
I know it's a while since this thread has been active but is there anyone starting on the one to one plan next week? I'm starting on Tuesday and have a lot to lose. I've done it before but have to lose the weight this time and keep it off. My weight is affecting my health.
I'm not starting but continuing having successfully lost 6st on it in 2022. I'd like to complete my journey with another 2st off in 2023. I've done it on the majority higher steps, it's a great plan if you're consistent. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll smash it 😁

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Well done to all on this thread! I love hearing other people’s stories.

Can we post daily updates of what we’ve eaten and cheer each other on?? I’m starting again tomorrow as I’ve gained 3lbs back and really need to get another 2/3 stone off but I just find it so hard when the weather is cold and rubbish!!!
Today I've had

Original porridge with a sprinkle of the raspberry drink powder (so nice!)
Spag Bol
chicken breast, leeks, sprouts, green beans, cauli, broccoli...... on a Sunday I always have extra veg so an extra 20/30 cals
Choc Orange Bar chopped up small

I've had 6 pints of tap water and a 500ml bottle of fizzy water with the raspberry powder (bit addicted!)

I usually have 2 pints water.... breakfast...... 2 pints water..... lunch........2/3 pints water.... dinner....... bottle fizzy & bar around 9ish.....

But feel really fat and heavy today ? 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

Apparently mixing the lemon/lime with Raspberry/Elderflower is like an American lemonade. I'll have to remember to order when I have to order my own stuff via consultant hub...I'm literally my only customer at the moment :(
Ooh I’ll try that! I live off mixing them with sparking water as I’m terrible with fizzy drinks 😬

mrsLd2

Anyone else just wish the weekend’s away at the moment? I find them so hard. Another one done 👊🏻

• Heart