1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tomorrow is REALLY the big fight. It looks very intense from the previews. And it looks like Amy is at the core of it and Amanda isn’t having any more of her crap. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone else been watching this? It's a TLC show and follows the Slaton sisters (Amy and Tammy) who live in Kentucky and are both trying to lose weight via bariatic surgery.

View attachment 476380

I'm currently halfway through series two so would be interested in hearing from anyone watching too.
They’ve come a long way. With how stubborn Tammy was I never thought I’d see her get the surgery.
IMG_7642.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The excess skin is crazy. Fair play to her, she really has lost an incredible amount of weight.

Reactions: 8
She's done so well. I didn't think she'd make it at one point. I hope Amy gets back on it soon, maybe Tammy's weight loss will spur her on after the tit time she's had.

Reactions: 12
So far so good. It’s nice to see Tammy being happy and enjoying herself so much. She really is figuring out how much she has missed.

Reactions: 7
I can't work out if I feel sorry for Amy or not. She chose to have kids so close together, and she can afford help. Why on earth doesn't she get a nanny?! I had 3 under 5 at one point, and you just get on with it. She clearly is completely neglecting herself. Is she normally on medication for her mental health as I couldn't quite reference what tablets/medication they were talking about her not taking.

Reactions: 5
Is she normally on medication for her mental health as I couldn't quite reference what tablets/medication they were talking about her not taking.
I thought it was her post bariatric meds, but I could be wrong. She's clearly depressed but I don't know if she's ever been treated for it.

Reactions: 2
Strange how Tammy and Amy have had a role reversal. Tammy always used to be the melodramatic one while Amy had it all together. But now Tammy is fairly zen/chilled while Amy brings the drama and upset.

I feel for Amy. It's got to be tough, but her family (mostly Chris) seem to think they should just tell her to pull herself together.

Reactions: 8
I can't work out if I feel sorry for Amy or not. She chose to have kids so close together, and she can afford help. Why on earth doesn't she get a nanny?! I had 3 under 5 at one point, and you just get on with it. She clearly is completely neglecting herself. Is she normally on medication for her mental health as I couldn't quite reference what tablets/medication they were talking about her not taking.
Not everyone has the money to have a nanny, parents just have to get on with it don’t they, her husband is useless. It appears that she’s done everything that’s why he doesn’t know how to do anything at all.

Reactions: 4
Not everyone has the money to have a nanny, parents just have to get on with it don’t they, her husband is useless. It appears that she’s done everything that’s why he doesn’t know how to do anything at all.
No that’s true but given how much money they make per episode and seeing how much her mental health is suffering a nanny would be a good idea. Same as how they could afford a personal nutritionist and all that now though. If they did it people would lose interest so they’re kind of stuck not being able to spend any of their money improving their health or situation if they want to keep making money from the show.

Reactions: 5
No that’s true but given how much money they make per episode and seeing how much her mental health is suffering a nanny would be a good idea. Same as how they could afford a personal nutritionist and all that now though. If they did it people would lose interest so they’re kind of stuck not being able to spend any of their money improving their health or situation if they want to keep making money from the show.
This is true.

Reactions: 3
Well that was a damp squib of an episode - I think it's safe to say that the "fight" has been massively over exaggerated :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
I think Amy didnt really believe she and M would divorce. I think she was just trying to make him pay attention. All of a sudden, she is screwed with 2 little kids she doesnt seem to be able to take care of-even though she has no job or other commitments. When she said she doesnt eat for days I started laughing and shouted LIAR at the tv. Gimme a break!!
Also, that fight was 100% Amys fault and doing.

I was horrified by the amount of food on the table just before the row kicked off. It looked like a huge oversized catering "throw it all on the table" affair. Haven't they all had gastric surgery now??!!

I've just caught up on the last two episodes.

The fight in Florida was unbelievable. It was only a matter of time. Amanda looks hard so I'm glad she walked away because I reckon she'd have messed Amy up!

It had to come to a head at some point and I'm glad she was the one to say she needs help. I believe since the show was filmed she's been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so I hope she is medicated and it's helping her now.

It was awful seeing Tammy after she found out Caleb had died. I thought the memorial was very tasteful and respectful. I actually cried when they all gathered around her and placed their hands on her and told her they were there. It was nice to see her find peace and set the lantern off to say goodbye. I hope this doesn't stunt her great progress or send her spiralling back into her old ways. 🤞

Reactions: 6

Just found this online, I'm shocked she has bipolar but am glad she's medicated. Just seems sad that she's no longer bothering about her weight - it's horribly easy to bugger the surgery up if you want to. A relative had a gastric band that worked for a few years but then she started overeating again and burst it. So she had a gastric sleeve and lost 5 stone, but she's now cheating by eating lots of jelly sweets and blending takeaways :sick: she's lost a lot of hair, had serious dental issues and looks so horribly unwell because she's basically malnourished from all the crap she eats. It's not the answer that people think it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 4