Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen the latest episode, S5E04: The Grapes of Wrath? 🍇😡

I struggled to find an online source to watch this ep; not sure if TLC are nixing all the links!

Really pleased Amanda and Misty got their surgery and it went well. I was gobsmacked by the size of Misty's meal at the last supper! 😱 I loved seeing Chris in his Sunday best with his cowboy hat. 🤠 He looks great!

The sushi scene was difficult to watch. Gage doesn't seem to sit still; he is constantly running or writhing to get down. I can see why Amy's exhausted! It must be tiring Tammy out too. Glenn is cute as a button. 🥰

I thought the rage room idea was really thoughtful, and just what Amy needed. It's clear to see Tammy really cares about Amy and is able to look after her now she has more independence.

In the next episode preview I thought Caleb looked really poorly. It was difficult to see their reunion knowing it may be their last time seeing each other. I hope Tammy has been able to manage and his death hasn't caused her to spiral.

Reactions: 4

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member

Just found this online, I'm shocked she has bipolar but am glad she's medicated. Just seems sad that she's no longer bothering about her weight - it's horribly easy to bugger the surgery up if you want to. A relative had a gastric band that worked for a few years but then she started overeating again and burst it. So she had a gastric sleeve and lost 5 stone, but she's now cheating by eating lots of jelly sweets and blending takeaways :sick: she's lost a lot of hair, had serious dental issues and looks so horribly unwell because she's basically malnourished from all the crap she eats. It's not the answer that people think it is.

• Sad

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
There's obviously huge issues within that family - at a guess I would say some serious abuse including sexual abuse, is at the centre of all of their weight issues.
I think so too. They are all so damaged in so many ways. That’s why the Dr was so intent on Tammy talking to the therapist. I think they have some idea of what is really wrong with her.

Nosymum

VIP Member
Amy strikes me as very lazy, and you can't be lazy with toddlers hence her meltdowns. She expects everyone to run round after her kids while she sits on her lazy arse!
Totally agree! Not as if she’s doing housework either with her time! The house is 🤢

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
Even with the weight they've lost, they are both hugely overweight. And don't appear to eat well. They've done massive damage to their joints/bones with the weight they've carried for years, and I doubt their internal organs are working that great. Any physical activity like housework isn't familiar to them at all. Unless they've got cameras filming, I bet they do nothing at all other than sit.

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I think Tammy just wants to remain a child. She knows the bigger she gets the more people have to mother her. She lashes out as her world is so small the drama gives her something to do.
If you suffer with anorexia and you're near to death the authorities can section you, I wonder why it isn't treated the same for her extreme food addiction.

Amy's dog died yesterday 😢.

• Sad

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
My better half and I watch this on TV (Sky/Really Channel maybe?) so aren't up-to-date on all the drama but man, that family have their issues.
They do seem to love each other though, which comes across and makes a big difference to some other reality shows.

I'm still laughing at Amy and her Little Bit blanket, pillow, framed picture, etc ;P

littlepup

VIP Member
Amy has filed for divorce apparently. Though it did say she said he was lazy. It seemed as though he did a lot for her.

• Wow

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I felt a bit sad when Tammy was telling Amy her concerns about Caleb and Amy was just like 'you were worse, bitch'. Appreciate Amy has her own stuff going on, but it seemed a shame to have that thrown back at her.

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I have watched the first season and some of the newest season and I’m so pleased that Amy welcomed a healthy happy baby.
She seems to have achieved her goals of a family with her husband (who makes me laugh cos he just stands and nods most of the time 😂). She seems to mature as the programme goes along and seems to see the bigger picture in her life going forward.

Tammy really needs to get help but she’s so reluctant but then always relies on Amy to do literally everything for her. I can’t believe how much weight she’s put on and how rude she can be in tbe newest season as well!
Me too, I'm so happy for Amy. Michael must be a good guy to put up with all of the shit. Can't believe he just keeps being left to haul Tammy up and down hills in series two. Haven't heard him complain once. Wish he'd cut his nails though! 😳😂

Tammy is SO rude, she has such a bad attitude. I know Amy can be quite goofy at times but she's only ever kind to Tammy, as are the other sister and brother.

I really hope Tammy can get into some sort of residential facility as it must be so hard for them having Tammy next door when she relies on them so much.

Moonflower

Chatty Member
I think there is a very strange competitiveness between them. More so than most siblings, I think.

Did anyone see the episode where they did a meet and greet a a hotel? There weren't many people there and one was a teenage boy and his mum, they asked the kid what had brought him to see them and he basically said his mum had made him go with her. Their faces were a picture 😂

Sertraline Queen

VIP Member
Tammy has been live-streaming on TikTok the last few days. She’s still in a facility, with a trache and seemed happy and relaxed as she could be, given her situation.

• Sad

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
I can't work out if I feel sorry for Amy or not. She chose to have kids so close together, and she can afford help. Why on earth doesn't she get a nanny?! I had 3 under 5 at one point, and you just get on with it. She clearly is completely neglecting herself. Is she normally on medication for her mental health as I couldn't quite reference what tablets/medication they were talking about her not taking.
Not everyone has the money to have a nanny, parents just have to get on with it don’t they, her husband is useless. It appears that she’s done everything that’s why he doesn’t know how to do anything at all.

DaimIt

VIP Member
Admittedly I’m not up to date so might be wrong here but I think some of that’s for camera though. If they just sat on their arses watching TV, there’d be nothing to film. I find Amy amusing and likable (more so previously) but they’re also very manipulative and not as stupid as they play up to. They do what they need to do to keep the show going.
Oh yes , a lot of it is for the camera. On the Discovery App where i watch their show , they have this section of 'extras" and its all shit like amy and tammy cooking something healthy , or doing a craft . Shit they wouldnt do normally.

ohannie

VIP Member
I think that danger has ended now. she seems to be solidly on the path to better health
The damage she's done to herself will be permanent. She's obviously reduced the risk of dying young, but her life expectancy is still very low.