Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg78

VIP Member
Their mom is a piece of shit but I think most of the reason why is just conditioning, their mom taught them to only drink soda, especially diet soda as it would cancel out the calories in the food 🤦🏻‍♀️
---
If all you’ve been taught as a kid is to eat addictive junk and wash it down with addictive liquids it’s no wonder they all spiralled

Reactions: 4

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
False excitement. Next week is the fight.
This week was basically a zero.
disappointing.

Last edited:

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I always wonder how real these arguments are when there's a camera crew around, but poor Amy looked genuinely distressed. Getting away from that gormless fool husband will do her good. At this point, he's just a millstone around her neck.

LilToes

VIP Member
Totally agree! Not as if she’s doing housework either with her time! The house is 🤢
Her dirty feet and gages dirty feet always make me sick! It’s mainly from walking barefoot in her house, her house looks like it stinks 🤢

Tammy has done amazing with her weight loss, i don’t know her in real life but I’m so proud of her ☺

Whl1994

VIP Member
I’m only watching season 3 at the moment on discovery +, Tammy a attitude in this series is the worst! The way she speaks to her siblings is god damn awful, she will end up loosing everyone because she can’t be civil. Also I don’t think her family are fully to blame for her overeating, it’s the boyfriends and take outs that are the main issue. Her family can’t be with her 24/7
100% agree. She is vile this season.

Kendell28

Just started watching season 3. It’s actually so sad to watch Tammy in this state! However she really has no willpower to do anything to help herself. She checked herself out of rehab after 8 weeks?! If she can’t do that then I really think there is so hope for her. As much as I hope I’m wrong, I wouldn’t be surprised if she does die in the next year or two.
She has a really bad attitude but I think that probably is her underlying unhappiness and probably depression living like that.
It is good to see amy doing so well with her life now, I’m sure Tammy is envious of this!

I love this show. I think Amy has done pretty well for herself losing quite a bit of weight and having a healthy baby. I didn't realise her husband was such a weirdo tho, can't imagine him moving fast enough or getting riled up enough to harm someone. Tammy seems in a really bad place, I hope she succeeds but it doesn't look likely

Is season 2 on sky or another broadcaster please
Its on YouTube :) good quality too. Dont think it's all on there yet but I watched up to episode 10

littlepup

VIP Member
OMG!!! Where did you hear that?!?!
Wow, I am surprised
It popped up yesterday but I can’t remember which website. If you Google ‘Amy Slaton’ there’s tons of articles.

The one I read also discussed how they’re unhappy with their contract for the show. It mentioned $2-3000 dollars per episode for Tammy, more for Amy and the other family get paid a bit too. Seems like they’re getting all the family involved to get them money.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
Amy strikes me as very lazy, and you can't be lazy with toddlers hence her meltdowns. She expects everyone to run round after her kids while she sits on her lazy arse!

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Poor Amy. She cried through the whole episode. They said Michael doesn’t work anymore and he is always around. Amanda thinks it’s overall depression and not post partum.
Edited to add:
Man, does their mom look like absolute shit.
she has not improved any as a person either.

DanaScully

Chatty Member

Just found this online, I'm shocked she has bipolar but am glad she's medicated. Just seems sad that she's no longer bothering about her weight - it's horribly easy to bugger the surgery up if you want to. A relative had a gastric band that worked for a few years but then she started overeating again and burst it. So she had a gastric sleeve and lost 5 stone, but she's now cheating by eating lots of jelly sweets and blending takeaways :sick: she's lost a lot of hair, had serious dental issues and looks so horribly unwell because she's basically malnourished from all the crap she eats. It's not the answer that people think it is.
Absolutely. A lot of people fail to address the root cause of why they over-eat and see WLS as a sticking plaster. Therapy alongside and post-surgery is crucial but doesn't seem to happen a lot, especially when people are travelling abroad.

A relative of mine had a gastric sleeve around 18 months ago and she's lost over eight stone. I was there for the surgery and it was no walk in the park, she was in agony for days and she has a high pain tolerance.

She can still only manage very small portions and there are some foods she just can't eat or she'll vomit it straight back up. She has to wait 30 minutes between eating and drinking or she's sick. Sometimes one of her safe foods suddenly makes her ill and she goes all pale, sweaty and dizzy. I've heard people say WLS is cheating or the easy way out, but it's realistically not.

As we've seen with Amy, you can have WLS and gain weight again, or fail to lose weight if you don't follow the rules. I hope she can start making some positive changes now she's away from Michael, but I won't hold my breath! 🙈

nettleteareader

VIP Member
I am divided on how creepy I find Tammys new husband. He went to the rehab centre specifically to meet her. And she fell right into it.
I wonder how this will progress now that she is out of the facility
I've just watched that episode, he is creepy. And why do they need to get married so quickly?!! Also Tammy is just so selfish, throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Expecting her family to drop everything to look after her. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone with a tracheotomy.

Kendell28

Just been catching up on the new season. I am genuinely really pleased for Tammy that she got her surgery, I definitely doubted that she would ever be able to but hopefully this is the start of a more positive future for her.
When it showed clips of Tammy when she was a little girl and was morbidly obese it makes you think what kind of upbringing they all had, clearly weren’t looked after at all by their parents for them all to have big issues with their weight from such a young age!

I also have seen articles that Amy and Michael have split!

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
A family member has had a gastric band and has got awful skin/hair/nails - it's like a form of malnutrition because most people who have them didn't eat fruit/veg in the first place let alone post surgery and are very vitamin/mineral deprived as a result. I can't imagine that any of them eat remotely healthily even with their intake restricted.....

But she does look a sight. I hope she doesn't spiral....