Zoe Sugg #23 cosy as can be, lacking in vitamin d, furloughed her one employee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dont know why shes bothered saying shes going to watch a xmas movie shes been watching them since September!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You've misunderstood. I wouldn't tell her "Omg you look so nice". I just wouldn't stoop to playground level and attack her looks, because that's not something she can control ultimately. I would attack her for things she CAN control, like neglecting her pets and acting like she works so hard, when she doesn't, because that's what makes her a crappy person. Her looks don't have anything to do with her character though.
On the other hand she must be able to tell that her eyebrow shape is doing her absolutely no favours 🤣 now that is something she can control!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Like someone here mentioned maybe it’s depression. She looks quite sad in the stories from what I’ve seen, and this no motivation all the time
I definitely think its a form of depression. She probably thought she hit the jackpot in the beginning - filming herself making a cake/going to the beach with friends was her "job" - but the lack of structure/direction in her life has taken its toll. Once you've experienced depression yourself you can spot it in others from a mile off.

Problem is that she isn't getting the help she needs. Her therapist placates her, her friends never call her out, no-one is giving her tough love about her bad habits.

Reactions: 24
Been meaning to update, re: The Magpie Society all weekend, just remembered!

So, a few pages back, a load of us were wondering whether her target audience are actually that fussed about the book. And a couple of us mentioned that we were school librarians: anyway, we’ve been back at school for a couple,of weeks now, and loads of my kids have been popping in to leave suggestions in the “new books box”.

I was VERY curious when I checked it on Friday, to see if anybody/lots of people had suggested it.

... Not one. Not a single one wants it in the library. What I did have instead was lots of requests for new graphic novels, the Inkheart series, John Green books, the Enola Holmes books, Riverdale books 😂, and, best of all, Agatha Christie books.

So, my anecdotal conclusion thus far is that it isn’t as popular with her target audience as Girl Online was a few years back, OR my kids just have way better taste in literature.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
061FC5BE-B226-4D3F-A5CE-81DFD1B339CD.png

Zoe has been having a wild time filling undisclosed gifted jars with store cupboard ingredients that she will never use and probably couldn’t name.

Reactions: 29
don't you just love it when you need to label jars of Cocoa powder & Fusilli for adults. "No Alfie, that's not spaghetti."

• Haha
Reactions: 24
You've misunderstood. I wouldn't tell her "Omg you look so nice". I just wouldn't stoop to playground level and attack her looks, because that's not something she can control ultimately. I would attack her for things she CAN control, like neglecting her pets and acting like she works so hard, when she doesn't, because that's what makes her a crappy person. Her looks don't have anything to do with her character though.
Tbh if Zoe drank more Water, looked after her skin and had a better diet she COULD easily change her looks

Reactions: 11
I definitely think its a form of depression. She probably thought she hit the jackpot in the beginning - filming herself making a cake/going to the beach with friends was her "job" - but the lack of structure/direction in her life has taken its toll. Once you've experienced depression yourself you can spot it in others from a mile off.

Problem is that she isn't getting the help she needs. Her therapist placates her, her friends never call her out, no-one is giving her tough love about her bad habits.
I'm a bit of a lurker to this thread as I do actually like Zoe but too have become so bored of the same old same old.

But...
I have to agree. I think she had her whole life planned out, she's spoke about her "timeline" over the years (including kids and marriage) and I honestly think she knows it's never going to happen the way she wants it.
She probably sticks with Alfie because she's so sad about her life that she can't see that she'll get what she wants any other way. So holds on to the relationship in some vein hope that eventually things will go her way.

She seems like she's stuck in a hole she can't find her way out of. Most definitely she's lost a lot of faith in herself. Those around her either don't seem to see what's going on as they're too wrapped up in themselves or they're not genuine friends anyway so have no reason to really care.

Maybe this is just a younger me projecting and over analysing the situation.

I just find it really sad because she's was once so endearing and fun to watch and now I don't bother

Reactions: 12
don't you just love it when you need to label jars of Cocoa powder & Fusilli for adults. "No Alfie, that's not spaghetti."
I never understand stand the whole jar thing. Surely you need to label it with the date? I feel like you could have jars of expired stuff hanging about, or imagine people would just fill them up on top of old stuff. Plus it would be annoying to have a load of stuff on the sides! Just put the packets in a cupboard!

Reactions: 14
I never understand stand the whole jar thing. Surely you need to label it with the date? I feel like you could have jars of expired stuff hanging about, or imagine people would just fill them up on top of old stuff. Plus it would be annoying to have a load of stuff on the sides! Just put the packets in a cupboard!
The only things in jars I labeled was flour but why do you need to label pasta fgs? so is that what she calls a busy day re-jarring pasta FFS!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But that's not Insta worthy.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I always assumed that decanting groceries into specially labelled jars was a job for people without much else going on in their lives, a la Zoe, Lily Pebbles, etc. So that they can feel “busy” and “organised”, you know?

If I’m unpacking my groceries, it’s late after work, and I’m needing to do it quickly so that I can get on with cooking dinner and getting back to work after, or to relax during some actually precious leisure time. I’m sure most of the rest of you are exactly the same.

It will be a dull day indeed when I turn to decanting items that come in perfectly good packaging so that I can feel fulfilled...

Reactions: 16
It’s actually offensive what she deems ‘being so busy’. She has no clue.

Reactions: 16
The only reason I have my pasta/rice in jars is because I go to a plastic free/zero waste small local shop so obviously have to take the jars to fill them but she doesn’t even do that ???

Reactions: 17
Yeah I would agree that was self inflicted hahaha

Do you think it would drastically alter her appearance though? I've noticed a few comments about her nose for example. I don't think that can be changed without surgery.
I think looking after yourself and being happy in general can alter your appearance. This time last year I was happy and had aglow, good skin, good figure and nice hair.
This year not so much happy and you can tell the difference between my skin hair weight and so on

I know we can’t assume anything about her mental well-being but she probably isn’t as happy as she makes out, it’s been a tough year for us all, granted she’s richer than most and hasn’t lost anyone (that we know o, due to the current pandemic but it’s still probably affected her somehow.
She’s actually a pretty girl I think when she takes care of herself. A good diet and dying her hair brown will definitely improve her looks

I noticed Zoe's quiet on social media after Dianne's been voted out. Probably too busy popping open a bottle to post

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.