Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lilnori

The only interesting part: Alfie says that in 7 years he'll want to have 9 kids and be all tatted up (key word as usual = "I", not "we"). Zoe says that it's not physically possible, and as he walks away, you can hear him say "who says they'll all be with you". So yeah..

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 118

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Realistically if they want children she has until 35. After 35 there are several risk associated with pregnancy for women. But I get a feeling Alfie is the one calling the shots, they have to wait until HE is ready for children. Which is so pathetic as he will be one of those men who does fuck all every day and expects his partner to care for their children bc he is “busy”
This is nonsense. Your risks associated with having kids goes up from about 16!! The older you get, the more risk yes but plenty of women have healthy babies after 35. These attitudes are why so many women feel such pressure to have children by a certain age and give up careers etc to meet societies expectations.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103

Kitt

VIP Member
I work in a library and I’ve been asked to get rid of old YA and anything that’s not relevant anymore. So I got rid of Girl Online 👍🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

bolimepipi

VIP Member
ahh, now that we mentioned zoella and an advent calendar, i'd like to just leave this classic here:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

SachaStark

Urgh, sorry, off-topic slightly, but I’m gonna throw it out there, for balance:

The Greatest Showman is a despicable film. Glorifying a man who was a slave owner and who made his living by exploiting disabled people? No thank you. Not gonna sit there and watch a series of oh-so-catchy songs tell me that it was really all about “making dreams come true”. Disgusting.

Anyway, OF COURSE Zoe Sugg just LOVES it. Not an ounce of critical thinking in that girl’s brain.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83

Wowwwwwwwww

VIP Member
Zoe Sugg: Dianne Buswell’s boyfriend’s sister.

Zoe Sugg: Socially distancing from the “ZoElLa” channel with content as interesting as a wet flannel.

• Haha
Reactions: 76

Fueislfs

Chatty Member
Zoella account just posted a 20 things to do in November blog. They used a picture of Nala in a Christmas outfit on the swipe I wondered what that had to do with it so I read it and just scrolled straight to the relevant point and...

10 Consider buying a range of festive pet outfits even if you don’t own a dog

Why the fuck would you do this? Seems even more ridiculous and tone deaf given the fact that so many people are losing their jobs and struggling at the moment.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76

romansalad

He filmed her wrapped in a blanket with her eyes closed and said she had a headache and put something like “how to get attention when my gf has a headache” and he was watching tv basically saying omg she is HOT wow ... omg look at her butt woah I’ve never seen a 10” - just showed him to be a disgusting perv!
omg guys! what a turn of events, Alfie is no longer acting like a 10 year old but has grown and now he's 13

• Haha
Reactions: 74

openbook1

VIP Member
The only interesting part: Alfie says that in 7 years he'll want to have 9 kids and be all tatted up (key word as usual = "I", not "we"). Zoe says that it's not physically possible, and as he walks away, you can hear him say "who says they'll all be with you". So yeah..
He is a cunt and Zoe needs to run (but she won't). He is so disrespectful to her. He wants to be the "cool" dad but he will just be a knob.

Reactions: 72

bolimepipi

VIP Member
i don't know if promise rings are a thing in the uk, but to me this sounds like something you'd do when you're 15 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 71

Helmi

I'm the same age as Zoe, as is my boyfriend and most people in our circle of friends. I have now seen two cases within our friend group where a couple has been together for years and years and the guy has not wanted to commit. The girl has given him an ultimatum, which has led to a breakup. Then the guy has immediately started a new relationship and within two years they have either been engaged or having a baby. This is a tale as old as time. It's not that he does not want to commit, it's that he does not want to commit to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

hairkinz

Oh, and these were the tweets regarding Vessel (the paid-for platform thing).
Apologies for the spam, but I found them in my quest to find the Tumblr posts. GG has a good rundown of the situation (I'd link it but I don't now if that's allowed...)

Oh gosh I didn't see these! From what I've seen she was always getting caught up in lots of controversies, people screenshot various things and then she pretended that she had never said them and that people had photoshopped the screenshots 😂

Was she stalkerish with Zoe too? Wasn't there something about Gaby moving to Brighton to be near her?
She did, I don't remember the whole thing but it was either before or after the apology video Gabby posted.

This is the post from GG in 2015, so feel free to skip. Some of the photos aren't available but this is pretty much the whole story.
Once again, apologies for all the posts.

Long Answer/ Gabby and Zoe's story:
(Disclaimer: English is not my native language, so excuse my mistakes)

Gabby started obsessing over Zoe shortly after starting her YT channel. She would tweet her, comment on her videos, and even her suscribers tweeted Zoe as well about Gabby (she had a previous fanbase from instagram, which was popular because of her pastel pink/high end makeup theme). Eventually they met on Brighton and they vlogged it. That's when people started thinking Gabby was using Zoe: she had a less popular vlog channel but uploaded her vlog with Zoe on her main channel, where it would attract a lot more views and suscribers. When asked about that, her answer.

She was also saying at the time that she wanted to move to London, but after visiting Brighton she decided that she was going to move there (despite the fact that she only knew Zoe there, she had only been once and that city was 5 hours away from her family). She went to visit Zoe again, this time for a weekend, but she ended up staying for longer (5 days) even when she didn't have more clean clothes and Zoe had things to do (she left Gabby alone at her flat a couple of times). While Gabby was moving and Zoe met her mum, she told her that Gabby talked about Zoe all the time.

Gabby moved to Brighton and they hung out together for a couple of months. Zoe would invite her over and Gabby made an habit of staying at her house until very very late (when Zoe is usually quite soon in bed), even tweeting that she was half-asleep on Zoe's sofa, but she wouldn't leave, not even when Zoe was actually asleep...

Gabby didn't really seem to have the social skills to know when she should leave. She also seemed to be quite needy, tweeting Zoe all the time, telling her that she missed her (in an infamous tweet, she posted a picture of one of Zoe's new vlogs with only a couple of views yet, with the caption "Either I miss you or I'm an stalker"). She didn't know anyone else on Brighton, so when she wasn't with Zoe she was alone.

It was also widely especulated that Alfie didn't like her as he would often seem fed up with her, and once, when he arrived at Zoe's flat at night, when Zoe told him that there was someone on their bed, Alfie's answer was "If it is Gabby I'm gonna hit her on the head". They pretended it was a joke, but it was pretty obvious it was not.

Gabby also got friendly with Chai, Alfie's friend, but they ended up quite badly.

Most of Zoe's suscribers didn't like her from the beginning, as they though she was just using Zoe for suscribers (she would mention Zoe every two minutes on her vlogs and even tweet their whatsapp conversations). They also didn't like that she cockblocked Alfie. There was one time that Zoe owed him a massage, he tweeted that he couldn't wait to go home for it, and when he arrived Gabby was there... and she again stayed until Zoe was asleep. Of course, a lot of people simply disliked her because she's really rude and has an habit of blocking anyone that does not agree with her views. However, she would pass all the hate as people thinking that she was stealing Louise's place on Zoe's life. Zoe adressed the "hate" Gabby was getting on a blog post (that she's deleted since) and Gabby posted a video saying that she wasn't leeching off Zoe.

After a while Zoe stopped inviting her to her house because she was really busy moving with Alfie, and Gabby grew bitter and started shading her on tumblr.

When people started calling her out, she changed the url of her tumblr several times, and ended up deleting it. She even denied owning a tumblr in the first place

Of course she deleted that tweet right away when she realized that people remembered her tweeting things like this

And this

After a few weeks Gabby went to Zoe's house to visit and met Nala, who she said it was the cutest dog (despite having tweeted before that pugs were really ugly and that people only liked them because they were on trend). The last time they met was when they got their brows threaded together (Jan 2015), and it was two days before the big hospital scandal (please read the FAQ for that). Was Zoe aware of the lies Gabby told about the hospital thing? Did she knew why Gabby was really on the hospital for? In any case, they stopped interacting after that.

A couple of months after, Alfie and Gabby had a discussion on twitter. She was very unprofessional talking about other youtubers joining Vessel and she called them "disgusting"

Alfie told her to think before tweeting (she was insulting her colleagues after all), and she felt very attacked.

Of course, she's allowed to state her opinions on twitter, but Alfie isn't! He should have told her his opinion privately, right? RIGHT??

Thing is, most people thought she was right about Vessel, but she had expressed her opinion in a very rude way. She started favouriting tweets against Alfie.

Zoe didn't say anything, but a few other youtubers, like Tanya, Jim or Caspar (and Alfie, obviously) unfollowed her- Tanya even favourited a tweet that was obviously aimed at her

In any case Alfie also favorited a tweet linking a tumblr post from the user zalfieupdates with all the screenshots of Gabby shading Zoe on tumblr, so obviously, they know about that. That was when Gabby entered panic mode and deleted half of her tweets.

After that, Gabby and Zoe have only interacted a bunch onf times on twitter. When Gabby tweeted a picture of her comment section on IG, full of posts about an account called @truthaboutzoella (some people though that it was just a sad attempt at getting more people to see it), Zoe tweeted her something about that type of accounts. Gabby tweeted back at lighting speed kissing her ass REALLY hard ("yeah, what are they going to say? That you're blonde? that you're nice? hahaha").

There was another little bit of drama when Zoe got her hair done and Gabby tweeted that dip dye was overdone. People started bombarding her with tweets asking if that was for Zoe, but she deleted that tweet right away and started saying she had never tweeted it.

She first said that it was an old tweet, and when she saw that the time stamp was on the screenshots, she went as far as acussing people of photoshoping it. In any case, there were several different screenshots and even some popular fan accounts (and several posters here) reported seeing that tweet. Again Zoe said nothing about the issue, but she follows @Zoellafan on twitter, who was tweeting about that. A few days later Zoe tweeted her "I see everything" when she commented that at least Zoe hadn't see her being bitchy.

Gabby tweeted Zoe happy birthday, but Zoe never tweeted her back. When Alfie complained about viewers waiting for them outside their house, Gabby tweeted this

And then favourited several tweets like "that's the difference between Alfie and Gabby, that's why Gabby is my favourite".

Zoe did not wished Gabby a happy birthday, and there has not been any kind of public interactions for months now. Gabby spent moths saying that they didn't have any problems and that "everybody is still friends", but lately she has been ignoring any questions about Zoe. On her first ever livestream there were constant questions about the state of their friendship, but she ignored them all even when Hobbie asked her "do you want to adress that?" When she phoned a fan and the girl asked her to tell something to Zoe, she seemed very uncomfortable.

Shortly after that Zoe removed her recommended channels from her main page ( she used to recommend Gabby's channel), and when people pointed that out to Gabby, she did the same. Zoe has also deleted the blogspot where she defended Gabby.

However, she keeps mentioning Zoe, and even posted a fragment from an old vlog with Zoe and talked about a product that Zoe gave to her. Trying to pretend they're still friends? Trying to get Zoe to acknowledge her again? In any case, Zoe hasn't said anything about her in months, and during her birthday lunch, she stated that all her friends were there. Guess where Gabby was? NOT THERE.

So, no. They're not friends anymore.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I went for a run today and at least 20 houses in my neighbourhood already have xmas decorations fully out. Do you guys think it was a Christmas fairy Zoe flying around my neighbourhood yesterday spreading Christmas cheer???? 🎅

btw not trying to mock anyone, we are in a lockdown and I get that people find decorating a bit of an escape, but I instantly thought of Zoe and had a lol
Literally got a note pushed through my door asking if everyone on this road could put their Christmas lights outside on bonfire night and leave them up for new year.

I sort of didn't mind putting some outdoor lights up, just not overly Christmas ones. So I just put a few white fairy lights on the gate....then realised nobody else had bothered, so now people must think I sent the bloody note around :/

• Haha
Reactions: 64

judgeydrudgey

Chatty Member
Remember maybe a year or 2 ago, Zoe and Maddie did a Q&A while they were driving out to Lush, and Maddie was talking about a previous relationship she was in and how it was not the right relationship but it was a hard decision for her to leave especially as they had been together for a few years (something along those lines?). Everyone here was saying it was similar to what we see of Zoe and Alfie, and that it almost seemed like Maddie was saying some of it because she wanted Zoe to hear it. But Zoe was just smiling and nodding along, saying Maddie was strong and in such a better place now. Makes me sad, because Maddie was able to leave a bad relationship, find someone new, get married, and is now pregnant, during which time Zoe and Alfie never progressed their relationship.

Reactions: 62
Exactly this! I think a lot of commenters here are very young...or just insensitive...
Yeah that baby-over-35 was pretty shocking to me. It's not something that even affects me personally as I've had 2 children already, so getting pregnant isn't on my mind like it would be for some. But I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I also find it a bit uncomfortable when people mock Zoe's looks if I'm honest. Seems very high schoolish and unnecessarily cruel. I'm not talking about her ridiculous bra or the fact she insists she's teeny tiny when she's about average height for a woman in the uk, because those are things she brings on herself. But is it completely necessary to make comments about her facial features, weight, ageing etc? Makes me wince a bit tbh.

I'm no fan of Zoe's. But that's based on her behaviour, attitude and treatment of others. I would feel wrong to sit around openly mocking her looks, unless she did that to others, in which case I would say go to town lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

coconochanel

VIP Member
She said the Zoella channel was stuck in a time warp hun your life is stuck in a time warp you do the same shit every year/day!

• Haha
Reactions: 59

earlgrey

VIP Member
Wait seriously, they use puppy pads with Nala? They have this huge beautiful enclosed garden, loads of huge doors to the outside and they let her pee in the house? And here's me carrying my tiny puppy with her tiny bladder down three flights of stairs every two hours.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 58